October 21, 2017, 09:15:07 PM

Author Topic: HEITINGA  (Read 7387 times)

December 13, 2009, 08:27:28 PM
Reply #15

4-ever-ton

The man is ridiculously hard.

You been feeling him up?!

He's gonna be one of our main players as the season goes on, i can only agree with whats being said!

deCoubertin

December 13, 2009, 08:40:10 PM
Reply #16

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

It is a stupid rule though. Really the match he played for Atletico bears no meaning on the Europa league.

Anyway, both Euro competitions are stupid. One even claims to be something it's not.

:thumbsup:

December 13, 2009, 08:42:53 PM
Reply #17

Endless, Nameless

I thought he had a good game today...loved his commitment and thought he looked good on the ball and tracking the man. Sorry if it's been covered, but can he play Europa after Christmas, or due to Athletico coming into the Europa can he not play?

I think we established that he can't play as Atletico are in the Europa League now unfortunately.

When did we establish this!? Please don't let this be true...
 :headbang:   :headbang:   :headbang:   :headbang:   :headbang:   :headbang:   :headbang:
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 13, 2009, 08:48:21 PM
Reply #18

blue for you

Heitinga will be one of the best players everton have in the next few seasons.
all you have to do is look at all the goals and how bad Atletico madrid are doing since johnny
left them him and jags will be our centre defenders for years to come.

December 13, 2009, 09:28:35 PM
Reply #19

CarlosAlberto

Problem is though, he wants to play CB regularly, which he probably will do now since Yobo is out but when Jagielka comes back in he is going to go back into midfield.

Him and Jags as a CB pairing could be mouthwatering.

December 13, 2009, 09:46:22 PM
Reply #20

Endless, Nameless

Heitinga will be one of the best players everton have in the next few seasons.
all you have to do is look at all the goals and how bad Atletico madrid are doing since johnny
left them him and jags will be our centre defenders for years to come.

They were already doing bad BEFORE he left. In fact, I think that's one of the reasons he did leave.

December 14, 2009, 12:33:46 AM
Reply #21

blue for you

They were already doing bad BEFORE he left. In fact, I think that's one of the reasons he did leave.
didn't they get champ league place last season

December 14, 2009, 12:50:51 AM
Reply #22

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
They were doing shite at the beginning of the season.

Bit like us.

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

At least we're showing some signs of recovery though.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

December 14, 2009, 01:08:26 AM
Reply #23

Endless, Nameless

didn't they get champ league place last season

I meant at the start of this season. They were already at the bottom before he joined Everton.

December 14, 2009, 01:21:36 AM
Reply #24

toffee_scot

Problem is though, he wants to play CB regularly, which he probably will do now since Yobo is out but when Jagielka comes back in he is going to go back into midfield.

It's all about competition though, besides, I think it could take Jags a few months before we start seeing the best of him. Heitinga will always have a place in the team at the moment. I'm glad to see he is getting more and more used to English football.

December 14, 2009, 05:36:32 PM
Reply #25

ForzaItalia

Heintinga and Neill will be available to play in the Europa Cup as of January.

I have seen him play plenty of times this season and I think he's going to be a cult hero.

He loves a tackle and having been brought up in Holland he's very comfortable on the ball and can pick a pass. Not too sure about his best position, with Felli playing so well at the moment in midfield and the emergence of Coleman at RB I can see him playing at CB with Jags, especially with Yobo off to the ACN.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

December 14, 2009, 05:47:39 PM
Reply #26

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Can you provide proof of eligibility forzaitalia? Because everything suggests he won't be eligible to play so far.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

December 14, 2009, 06:56:25 PM
Reply #27

montanatoffeefan

He needs to get over his CB dream IMO. And let's not use him at fullback anymore. DM seems to be his spot in this league. The longer he plays there, the better he'll likely become at it. IMO, having a good DM is invaluable to a club and would improve everyone else on our squad immensely. 

Might be time to give young Jack some time at CB.
Everton forever.

December 14, 2009, 07:08:24 PM
Reply #28

MmmBlueRamirez

To the me dogs of war tag was coined for our nineties team because they showed great fighting spirit which compensated for the lack of footballing ability of the majority of our players. We had few players of genuine quality when we won the FA cup which I believe was at the height of the dogs of war era.

Heitinga isnn't a dogs of war type player. He is far more skillful and classy to be branded that. Yes he has a firebrand temperament and doesn't shit out of tackles but he is far more Roy Keane than carsley
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 14, 2009, 08:03:38 PM
Reply #29

BergyBluenose

When everyone's fit Heitinga and Jags has to be the centre defence partnership to make us more solid at the back.