December 19, 2018, 03:10:17 PM

Author Topic: Where to play Rodwell?  (Read 3951 times)

August 21, 2010, 06:39:25 AM
Reply #30

cantoffee

I don't get the rush to play Rodwell, he'll get games this year, form, injuries, cups and all that will have him play a good amount. If he plays well enough he'll keep his spot, for now though I don't see the need to make changes, we've had one game.

August 21, 2010, 07:10:54 AM
Reply #31

ever100

yes, he was

he stunk the place out and every single Evertonian wanted him back in the middle

if he was anything other than shite out there everyone would have been content with him being out there, because anything other than shite would have been better than anyone else out there

he plays down the middle, he is a central midfielder, and as such, makes a shite winger - accepting that doesn't mean you hate Arteta or anything, no matter what DixieSixty will try and tell you

just drink your vodka and join the queue for the bread

Seriously, you're wrong if you think he was shite out there. I'll agree that most evertonians, like myself, wanted him played in the middle. How can you say though that "if he was anything other than shite out there everyone would have been content with him being out there"? Not right, people just knew he was better in the middle.

Edited to reflect now being sober and without toothache :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 05:30:38 PM by ever100 »

August 21, 2010, 08:08:37 AM
Reply #32

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
----------------------------Howard-------------------------
Coleman-----Jagielka---------Heitinga------Baines
----------------Fellaini------------Arteta-----------------
--Bilyaletdinov-------Rodwell----------Pienaar-----
-----------------------------Saha---------------------------
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

August 21, 2010, 07:45:03 PM
Reply #33

DJ1994

instead of playing someone playing off the striker why not play someone patrolling the back 4 (on who we play)
Class of Merseyside

August 21, 2010, 11:33:48 PM
Reply #34

cad

After today's performance? Anywhere...
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

August 21, 2010, 11:36:47 PM
Reply #35

Azz

On the fucking pitch would be good for a start!

August 21, 2010, 11:49:13 PM
Reply #36

RICH

On the fucking pitch would be good for a start!
nod was just going to put that

August 21, 2010, 11:58:51 PM
Reply #37

Thomas

I'd like to see the lad play centre half.

Really would, a sort of modern day Brian Labone/Bobby Moore/Franz Beckenbeaur, cultured Centre Half with ball skills to match.

Rio Ferdinand is the most contemporary example.

I honestly believe he'd only excel and having him there would make him the spine of the side and groom him to become a future captain.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:00:32 AM by Thomas »