November 19, 2017, 09:11:59 AM

Author Topic: The Pienaar saga continues...  (Read 3656 times)

August 21, 2010, 05:36:45 PM
Reply #15

Gareth

£6m is much more than £0

Thanks for the remedial maths lesson.

So sell him for 6mill and replace him with what exactly?!

deCoubertin

August 21, 2010, 05:47:56 PM
Reply #16

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Thanks for the remedial maths lesson.

So sell him for 6mill and replace him with what exactly?!

I don't know, we wouldn't get the same quality of player yet but I'd rather have someone who wasn't quite as good than no-one at all.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

August 21, 2010, 05:48:24 PM
Reply #17

Jamokachi

6m is much more than 0

And if he helps get us into the Champions League next year, that'll be worth much more than 6m.

August 21, 2010, 05:49:13 PM
Reply #18

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
And if he helps get us into the Champions League next year, that'll be worth much more than 6m.

That's a pretty massive if.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

August 21, 2010, 05:56:00 PM
Reply #19

Jamokachi

That's a pretty massive if.

Well what the fuck's the point if that's not the goal?

August 21, 2010, 05:59:53 PM
Reply #20

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Well what the fuck's the point if that's not the goal?

Of course it's the goal, but gambling one of our best players on it knowing if it fails he'll leave and we'll have fuck all money to replace him with, is probably not a great idea..

August 21, 2010, 06:00:06 PM
Reply #21

Connavar

Well the ball is well and truly in his court now. If he loves playing for Everton as much as he claims, then 60k a week would surely be enough to entice him to stay. Wanting parity is one thing, being a cheeky bastard and trying to take advantage of the club he "loves" is something else.

August 21, 2010, 06:03:02 PM
Reply #22

Jamokachi

Of course it's the goal, but gambling one of our best players on it knowing if it fails he'll leave and we'll have fuck all money to replace him with, is probably not a great idea..

So to have a season with someone not as good, thus making the task even more difficult is better? lol, nice logic.

August 21, 2010, 06:04:24 PM
Reply #23

Jamokachi

Well the ball is well and truly in his court now. If he loves playing for Everton as much as he claims, then £60k a week would surely be enough to entice him to stay. Wanting parity is one thing, being a cheeky bastard and trying to take advantage of the club he "loves" is something else.

We don't know what's on the table though, this is all paper speculation. We should treat it with the same contempt as we do every rubbish transfer rumour.

August 21, 2010, 06:05:10 PM
Reply #24

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
So to have a season with someone not as good, thus making the task even more difficult is better? lol, nice logic.

As opposed to losing a key player for fuck all and having no money to buy anyone to replace him, never mind someone of similar quality?

lol, nice logic.

August 21, 2010, 06:06:52 PM
Reply #25

Jamokachi

If we get to the champions league we will have more money than selling him will bring in. It's a calculated risk.

August 21, 2010, 06:08:47 PM
Reply #26

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
If we don't?   (which there is a higher chance of)

August 21, 2010, 06:19:58 PM
Reply #27

Jamokachi

If we don't?   (which there is a higher chance of)

Well we may as well just give up then. Fucking hell, pass the cyanide.

August 21, 2010, 06:38:09 PM
Reply #28

AidyEFC9

I agree. I'm sure Moyes is offering him a lot of money, plus I don't think he should get same money as Arteta, he has been with us for a lot longer and has always been loyal. Pienaar owes us, we gave him a good opportunity, Moyes believed in him and helped him find his best game.
If what we offer is big and he does not sign, let him sit on the bench for the whole season.

Moyes did the same with Arteta though, he wasn't getting a game at Real Sociedad and then we took him and made him the player he is today, very similar to what we've done with Pienaar!.

To me, the reported 60k a week that's on offer is enough for Pienaar and if he was to leave i don't think he'd get a much bigger, better offer elsewhere, he might get 5k more, 10k at a push (doubt it like), but is it worth leaving and taking that elsewhere when he might not get it as good as he does at us and maybe not be a regular and he might not get on well with the rest of the squad like he does at us?. Sometimes your happiness of where you are and who you play with is worth more than a few more grand on your wage packet, well to me it would be anyway but footballers these days are totally different

August 21, 2010, 06:51:33 PM
Reply #29

cad

Give him what he wants*.

How the hell do you expect him to grub by on 3m a year?

*Get rid!!!  
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:54:31 PM by cad »
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.