November 19, 2017, 08:54:39 AM

Author Topic: The Pienaar saga continues...  (Read 3655 times)

August 21, 2010, 06:59:58 PM
Reply #30

Jamokachi

would you say that our Champions League qualification depends on his performances (as part of the team, obviously) and that if he knows he won't be here to enjoy it, that he might not be too arsed about getting us there?

No, because if he wants away, he still has to play for that move.

deCoubertin

August 21, 2010, 07:58:50 PM
Reply #31

Father Mcnulty

Could it be possible that Moyes is waiting to see what offers come in for him before closing any deal on his contract?

If Pienaar gets injured, which way will things turn? He won't be playing, and he won't be sold, as folks would wait until he is fit again, and free, so something will happen soon one way or another I feel.  ;)

August 21, 2010, 08:03:14 PM
Reply #32

VBlue

Moyes's line does appear to be consistent however.  Both in the case of Pienaar now, and Yak before, he has stated we are happy with what we have got and it will take a big money offer to buy one of our key players.  Fair play.

August 21, 2010, 08:22:12 PM
Reply #33

dangler

pienaar cost 2m, if Moyes can get 6m, surely he could get someone in just as good, and with a bit of coaching make him even better. Don,t forget oienaar was on his last legs until he came here. He could get someone even younger as well.

August 21, 2010, 08:23:32 PM
Reply #34

Jamokachi

he doesn't really though does he?

his reputation is pretty much built now, and his agent can quite easily gloss over any shite performances this season with the old "he wanted to leave in 2010 but the club wouldn't sell him, he wasn't happy, he'll be happy at your club"

also, he will be available on a free, is a seasoned international, with a good experience of the Premier League.

He won't make himself desirable to clubs if he comes across as a shithouse this season.

Also (and this doesn't say much) he was one of our best players against Blackburn, those are the types of games I'd expect him to shy away from if what you posted was to happen.

August 21, 2010, 08:23:45 PM
Reply #35

Tinga

pienaar cost 2m, if Moyes can get 6m, surely he could get someone in just as good, and with a bit of coaching make him even better. Don,t forget oienaar was on his last legs until he came here. He could get someone even younger as well.

Not in this day and age I don;t think.

August 21, 2010, 08:51:42 PM
Reply #36

Trublue

The hope must be we have a great season and Pienaar will sign because we are meeting his ambitions. Not worth selling for £6million. Won't get a replacement for that. How we will replace him next summer with no money I don't know, but if we finish in the top 4 we will at least have a bit more prize money.