November 21, 2017, 09:42:09 PM

Author Topic: Warnock and Lawrenson speaking on Arteta for England Debate  (Read 6927 times)

August 25, 2010, 02:52:31 AM
Reply #60

Jamokachi

On the Spanish patriotism issue, is he?

He's Catalan is he not? Maybe he doesn't even consider himself "that Spanish"?

deCoubertin

August 25, 2010, 02:54:09 AM
Reply #61

Gash

Global Moderator
On the Spanish patriotism issue, is he?

He's Catalan is he not? Maybe he doesn't even consider himself "that Spanish"?

I can't be arsed splitting straws, what I mean is he has often spoken of his desire to play for Spain

August 25, 2010, 03:01:27 AM
Reply #62

Jamokachi

I'm not splitting straws mate, it's a genuine question, that I don't think has been asked.

August 25, 2010, 03:06:27 AM
Reply #63

Gash

Global Moderator
I'm not splitting straws mate, it's a genuine question, that I don't think has been asked.

I think it was mentioned when this story first broke a week or two ago. Like I say, I'm surprised at him, as he has held a desire to play for Spain, and commented a few times about it. Although he's Catalan, he obvioulsy has some pride in Spain.

August 25, 2010, 03:47:03 AM
Reply #64

ever100

Dont really get any of the arguments against him playing for England anymore to be honest. He would be eligible to play for us via citizenship, as was mo farah when he won gold in euro athletics champs recently. Other people have listed numerous other sports people that have competed for us. The two most snooty sports, cricket and rugby union, have accepted this. So I dont see why us oiks dont. Trott playing for England for gods sake, if he had been picked for SA, theres no way he would've played for us!
People (media on their tabloid jingoistic campaign) have complained about it stopping the development of homegrown players. Was Owen Hargreaves 'homegrown', being brought up in Canada? Hasnt Arteta actually played more in GB than in Spain?
Surely the issue should be that until, clubs start spending 'transfer budget' type amounts on their academies, to produce gifted natural players from this country, then they will buy from abroad. Academy player in 1st team = money not spent abroad and the national team will benefit anyway.
Until that time, I want to see us win and if that means Mikel plays, so be it.
Having that said, as an Everton supporter, I hope he doesnt....shit happens when our players become England internationals!

August 25, 2010, 03:55:27 AM
Reply #65

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Having that said, as an Everton supporter, I hope he doesnt....shit happens when our players become England internationals!

Yeah, they get international caps and play in International competitions and become household names. That's some serious shit.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 25, 2010, 03:59:54 AM
Reply #66

ever100

Yeah, they get international caps and play in International competitions and become household names. That's some serious shit.

Yeah and soon move to other clubs!!!!!!!

August 25, 2010, 04:01:14 AM
Reply #67

bigmanbob

Lawrenson has no place to comment on if it's right or wrong for Arteta to play for England, I mean he hardly sounds like he's from fucking Limerick does he

August 25, 2010, 04:13:31 AM
Reply #68

ever100

Did you agree with the rest of it though, or were you just making a selective comment?

August 25, 2010, 04:16:10 AM
Reply #69

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Since when is Catalan a nationality?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

August 25, 2010, 04:21:39 AM
Reply #70

ToxtethBlue

ToxtethBlue

August 25, 2010, 04:22:02 AM
Reply #71

Running Blue

English team is only for English people.

Jingoistic bullshit if you ask me.

we are one of the most diverse multiclutural societies on the planet.

Our rugby and cricket teams have moved with the times, 2 traditionally pig-headed elietist sports so why can't football? Racism?

arteta for england I say!

Yes, it is jingoistic.  Let's do away with the World Cup and create leagues were the best players can play regardless of race, creed, religion, or nationality.  Let's call them the Premier League, La Liga, and Serie A.  

August 25, 2010, 04:43:55 AM
Reply #72

Gash

Global Moderator
Lawrenson has no place to comment on if it's right or wrong for Arteta to play for England, I mean he hardly sounds like he's from fucking Limerick does he

Did you read that article? To be fair he did admit as much.

"And that comes from someone who was born in Preston and yet played for the Republic of Ireland.

August 25, 2010, 04:57:06 AM
Reply #73

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Did you agree with the rest of it though, or were you just making a selective comment?

Read the entire thread, you will find my answer there, I don't like repeating myself, repeating myself, repeating myself
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 25, 2010, 05:09:16 AM
Reply #74

ever100

Read the entire thread, you will find my answer there, I don't like repeating myself, repeating myself, repeating myself

Ive read it mate...you do like...repeating shit, repeating shit, repeating shit.