March 24, 2019, 04:24:54 AM

Author Topic: Warnock and Lawrenson speaking on Arteta for England Debate  (Read 7466 times)

August 24, 2010, 06:20:21 AM
Read 7466 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Idiots can't even spell dual properly.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 24, 2010, 07:09:53 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

The same press who hounded out Sven following the best period relative success for 30 odd years for the same reason?

What best success was that then? I don't remember England doing well at any of the comps they were in.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 25, 2010, 12:31:36 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
In professional tennis, players chop and change nationality even after representing their country in the Davis cup for example.

I remember an Australian girl, born to Croatian (I think) parents, played for Oz, then got pissed off with them and played for Croatia instead.

I think if you have a passport of whatever country you have, then that is good enough. You have the same rights as everyone else legally, so why not in something less important as sport.

August 25, 2010, 12:50:04 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That's the girl. Forgot her name.

August 25, 2010, 02:29:15 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Better nations than England have done it Gash.

As for the 5 year rule, well I spent 7 years in Australia and feel that I love that country more than England. Given the choice, I would be back in Australia before England. Plus I was only born in England, I had to work hard to become an Australian citizen. It kind of means more.

August 25, 2010, 02:52:13 AM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The law of the land is greater than a sports team. If he has a passport, then he has the same rights as any other citizen. Including playing for a sports team. If that became segregated, then all hell would break loose.