July 17, 2018, 05:38:22 AM

Author Topic: Warnock and Lawrenson speaking on Arteta for England Debate  (Read 7079 times)

August 24, 2010, 04:14:08 PM
Read 7079 times

ever100

Idiots can't even spell dual properly.

Apparently, 'duel' is a battle between two entities.  :snigger:

August 25, 2010, 03:47:03 AM
Reply #1

ever100

Dont really get any of the arguments against him playing for England anymore to be honest. He would be eligible to play for us via citizenship, as was mo farah when he won gold in euro athletics champs recently. Other people have listed numerous other sports people that have competed for us. The two most snooty sports, cricket and rugby union, have accepted this. So I dont see why us oiks dont. Trott playing for England for gods sake, if he had been picked for SA, theres no way he would've played for us!
People (media on their tabloid jingoistic campaign) have complained about it stopping the development of homegrown players. Was Owen Hargreaves 'homegrown', being brought up in Canada? Hasnt Arteta actually played more in GB than in Spain?
Surely the issue should be that until, clubs start spending 'transfer budget' type amounts on their academies, to produce gifted natural players from this country, then they will buy from abroad. Academy player in 1st team = money not spent abroad and the national team will benefit anyway.
Until that time, I want to see us win and if that means Mikel plays, so be it.
Having that said, as an Everton supporter, I hope he doesnt....shit happens when our players become England internationals!

August 25, 2010, 03:59:54 AM
Reply #2

ever100

Yeah, they get international caps and play in International competitions and become household names. That's some serious shit.

Yeah and soon move to other clubs!!!!!!!

August 25, 2010, 04:13:31 AM
Reply #3

ever100

Yeah, they get international caps and play in International competitions and become household names. That's some serious shit.

Did you agree with the rest of it though, or were you just making a selective comment?

August 25, 2010, 05:09:16 AM
Reply #4

ever100

Read the entire thread, you will find my answer there, I don't like repeating myself, repeating myself, repeating myself

Ive read it mate...you do like...repeating shit, repeating shit, repeating shit.

August 25, 2010, 05:51:25 AM
Reply #5

ever100

I have stated my views, you entitled to think what you want but if you read the thread first you would not need to ask questions I have answered before if you so wanted to know my shitty opinion.

I was being a bit sarcastic, because you seemed to contradict yourself.
Lets move, do you see many atom bombs?