November 20, 2017, 02:00:00 AM

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton  (Read 33897 times)

August 26, 2010, 04:27:47 AM
Read 33897 times

Twiggy

I know we only beat Huddersfield tonight but will this change the team selection for Villa?

Will Rodwell start and Coleman or what????
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:16:49 PM by Si »
Toshyboy used to be a ladyboy

August 26, 2010, 04:32:36 AM
Reply #1

NYToffee

I know we only beat Huddersfield tonight but will this change the team selection for Villa?

Will Rodwell start and Coleman or what????

Frankly, I think the player who made the biggest case - taking into account deficiencies against Wolves - was Gueye.

I'm still not sure Rodwell breaks into a Fellaini/Arteta/Cahill central midfield (though I hope he continues to be utilized as a super-sub), and Villa away may not be the best test case for Coleman.

August 26, 2010, 04:33:02 AM
Reply #2

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
My team sheet for Sunday:

Coleman

Rodwell

That is all.

August 26, 2010, 04:36:20 AM
Reply #3

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Can see Neville or Hibbo at RB to try and stop Young with Ossie in front of them to help them out

August 26, 2010, 04:41:53 AM
Reply #4

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Can see Neville or Hibbo at RB to try and stop Young with Ossie in front of them to help them out

So same as every week?

August 26, 2010, 04:48:24 AM
Reply #5

Fellaini25

Howard

Coleman - Jagielka - Heitinga/Distin - Baines

Bily/Anichebe - Fellaini - Arteta - Pienaar

Rodwell

Beckford     

Thats what I would like to see but I can see Neville or Hibbert starting right back, or Neville being pushed into midfield.

August 26, 2010, 05:10:05 AM
Reply #6

blue for you

coleman won't be there Neville will come back in i am afraid

August 26, 2010, 05:15:34 AM
Reply #7

BootleBlueBoy

id go for

hibbert   jags   heitinga     baines
                  felli
    Coleman Arteta Pienaar
                Cahill
              Beckford

i thought rodwell was great today but we are away from home and need someone fighting up their. Gueyes crossing was very good, but he drifted in and out i think he'd be better off the bench and i was quite happy to see saha and beckford link up the his goal, i think we will be using 442 alot more at home
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:17:48 AM by BootleBlueBoy »

August 26, 2010, 05:19:47 AM
Reply #8

marky v

Distin/Rodwell/Fellaini/Coleman really stood out, and also Billy finding coleman with a couple of fantastic passes may have our new right hand side partnership there

August 26, 2010, 05:45:30 AM
Reply #9

.Rimbo.

Howard

Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines

Fellaini Arteta

Anichebe     Cahill       Pienaar

Beckford

August 26, 2010, 05:49:19 AM
Reply #10

Rhys

Frankly, I think the player who made the biggest case - taking into account deficiencies against Wolves - was Gueye.

Why? He showed glimpses but lost the ball most of the time he had it after the first 20 minutes. Im not getting at him here but he didnt have an impact after the first cross, he looked extremely raw and thats because he is. There is no way we should be starting him over Bily or Ossie on the wings at this point.

Howard
Neville Jags Distin Baines
Osman Fellaini Arteta Pienaar
Cahill Beckford

That is my prediction but maybe Bily in for Ossie. I would much rather have Heitinga in for Distin though. Fellaini is a must though not just because he is arguably our best player but we need someone who might actually battle with Carew.

August 26, 2010, 05:53:00 AM
Reply #11

.Rimbo.

Why? He showed glimpses but lost the ball most of the time he had it after the first 20 minutes. Im not getting at him here but he didnt have an impact after the first cross, he looked extremely raw and thats because he is. There is no way we should be starting him over Bily or Ossie on the wings at this point.

Howard
Neville Jags Distin Baines
Osman Fellaini Arteta Pienaar
Cahill Beckford

That is my prediction but maybe Bily in for Ossie. I would much rather have Heitinga in for Distin though. Fellaini is a must though not just because he is arguably our best player but we need someone who might actually battle with Carew.

I'm not a big Distin fan but there's no way you can drop him after how he's been playing lately.

August 26, 2010, 06:01:24 AM
Reply #12

ToxtethBlue

I wonder if Moyes will consider using Coleman as a right winger, we clearly lack an outlet out there and none of the players are making that position there own.

I'm not really a fan of attacking fullbacks moving forward, it's a competely different ball game playing as a winger but Coleman looks to have an varied attacking game aswell as pace. He can overlap, run with the ball at his feet and even cut inside and drive into central areas.

Could be worth a go, Moyes clearly isn't going to play him at fullback at the moment.
ToxtethBlue

August 26, 2010, 06:06:08 AM
Reply #13

blue for you

yes it could work with coleman as a right winger but don't think moyes will take the chance

August 26, 2010, 02:23:15 PM
Reply #14

top flight for a long time

You can't risk Coleman in an important league match.  Defensively he is very raw and was even caught out a few times last night.
We're forever Everton....