August 23, 2019, 02:51:42 AM

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton  (Read 43259 times)

August 30, 2010, 12:23:18 AM
Reply #315

claimabstract

I can't understand why Moyes brought Coleman on and left Hibbert on and then brought Heitinger on when we were 1-0 down, it's as if he is scared to field an attacking side in the Premiership

Moyes brought Coleman on for Rodwell, who had a knock, so the point about taking Hibbert off is moot.  I don't know why he brought Heitinga on for Hibbert.

August 30, 2010, 12:23:35 AM
Reply #316

Tinga

Indeed that was strange, I thought Hibbert did pretty well and got forward so I was surprised he was subbed off. And if Magaye is not ready to play regularly then surely Moyes could have at least put on Billy.
lolol Bily.

August 30, 2010, 12:30:26 AM
Reply #317

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We were unlucky, I think, but how many points have we lost because of fucking stupid mistakes?

We've been a bit unlucky there too. Make a silly mistake, get punished for it and then have to chase the game.

Although the result wasn't better at least in the 2nd half we looked a lot better.

August 30, 2010, 12:33:02 AM
Reply #318

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes brought Coleman on for Rodwell, who had a knock, so the point about taking Hibbert off is moot.  I don't know why he brought Heitinga on for Hibbert.

That was weird. Hibbert was supporting Coleman well, it seemed like he was doing it just to do something.

August 30, 2010, 12:37:20 AM
Reply #319

nomorechang

RIP
You are all great managers with hindsight ... he played a positive attacking style and we were way and above the best team on the pitch , using Seamus as RM was what everyone has been shouting for and playing Jack was as well ... there was no player you could say had a bad game today , although I wasn't too impressed with Mikel at times .. One mistake by Felli but then they took the chance well .. The only different thing I think he could have done is bring Ossie on for Mikel but imagine the shite he'd have got for that ! ... I don't know if Yak would make a difference when he's fit , a Yak of 2 years ago would have a field day in this team .. Is he ever going to get that form back ? We're not doing much wrong . Villa know they touched lucky today and even the commentator said at the end that they lost 6-0 against Newcastle and never come under as much pressure .. Try being positive , we are playing well and if we carry on the results will come
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

August 30, 2010, 12:40:43 AM
Reply #320

Gibbsy76

We've been a bit unlucky there too. Make a silly mistake, get punished for it and then have to chase the game.

Although the result wasn't better at least in the 2nd half we looked a lot better.

This is fair, and I agree, but as entertaining as the pretty triangles are, the ball needs to go into the back of the opponent's net, and not our own. 

I guess I'm just pissed off.  I love seeing our lot play well; when it gets to 1 point from 9, however, I would rather us just fucking win. 

August 30, 2010, 12:41:21 AM
Reply #321

stirlingblue

Ok, panic and depression put to one side for a while, there were many positives to take from this game:

Pienaar and baines, despite being our only outlet for about 60 minutes, cut through villa like butter. They must have known that we attack down the left and tried to stop it but couldn't.

Saha looked hungry, whether it is the insult of Beckford being picked over him or his french call-up, he looked a lot better today.

Coleman, only 30 minutes but enough to give us some idea of whether he can perform further up the pitch, in my opinion he should be given a start there. I know people will say that with Man U next it's not the time to play him but we need to defend solidly against them, who can know their defensive duties better than a right back playing right mid?

Fellaini, miscue for their goal aside, looked very solid today, breaking up attacks and picking passes like the injury hasn't affected him at all.

My biggest gripe today was the set-pieces, with that many we should really have scored, or at least forced Friedal into a few saves, some work on them in training needed I think.

Now, let's try and stay optimistic, I'd sooner be where we are now than at the same point last season, one good result and I can really see this side clicking into place. Rather than our season being changed by a Neville tackle in December, let's fucking beat Man U and go on from there!

August 30, 2010, 12:41:44 AM
Reply #322

matty1878

i agree mate its just hurtful. its like were cursed :( and with man u next up aswell..  its just worrying the longer u go without a win your morale cant exactly be high :(
row u seat 167 park end

August 30, 2010, 12:43:02 AM
Reply #323

Gumpinio

At least at the end of the season we will get a parachute payment to buy players next season

Just a slight over reaction to 1 point from 9
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

August 30, 2010, 12:45:33 AM
Reply #324

Blueney-tunes

It was Blackburn all over again. The next team that scores and parks the bus have obviously worked out how to beat us then.
Tactically inept.

August 30, 2010, 12:47:34 AM
Reply #325

matty1878

it was nowere near blackburn.. we played much better and created more. just didnt get the rub of the green. as moyes says we cant put it in the net right now
row u seat 167 park end

August 30, 2010, 12:48:54 AM
Reply #326

blue for you

thats because we have no fucking strikers beckford belongs in league 1

August 30, 2010, 01:07:39 AM
Reply #327

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
thats because we have no fucking strikers beckford belongs in league 1

How fickle fans are. He was the next big thing pre-season, now he has been written off after 3 games? 

August 30, 2010, 01:12:33 AM
Reply #328

sharpattack

How fickle fans are. He was the next big thing pre-season, now he has been written off after 3 games? 
I dont think anyone was saying that
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

August 30, 2010, 01:15:02 AM
Reply #329

Gash

Global Moderator
Tough break today, we'll play worse than that this season and win comfortably. We did everything but score, it's difficult when they put men behind the ball and try to hiy on the break all the time.

Frustrating start to the season, but I'm not panicking yet, I'd be more concerned if we were playing shit.

Oh, and everton.chris, who's Heitinger?