November 22, 2017, 05:18:40 AM

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton  (Read 33947 times)

August 27, 2010, 06:14:35 AM
Reply #45

Connavar

I'd very much love to see two up front on Sunday. But Moyes basically invented 4-5-1 and must get some kind of royalty bonus for every game we play that formation.

August 27, 2010, 07:39:23 AM
Reply #46

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I expect us to beat Villa now.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 27, 2010, 08:55:27 AM
Reply #47

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I expect us to beat Villa now.

I agree, we really cannot drop 2 or 3 points against a demoralised side. They are ripe for a beating.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 27, 2010, 05:26:10 PM
Reply #48

Tellittoyourking

Howard

Coleman - Jags - Distin - Baines
             Heitinga
                       Fellaini
Billy            Mikel            Pienaar

Cahill

Mucha, Cahill, Gueye, Neville, Beckford, Saha, Osman

No striker and Cahill in the team and on the bench?

Haha, swap Cahill (bench version) for Yobo.

Just don't think Saha is in the kind of form to lead the line, might be a bit soon for Beckford. I would consider playing Yak if he was fit, but, like everyone else, I don't know what is going on there.

I just really like the look of that midfield and am loathe to drop Tim. He loves a goal against Villa; plus my old uni flatmates are Villa fans and can't stand him.

August 27, 2010, 06:33:32 PM
Reply #49

Mikel10

I think we'll get turned over here. Villa will be raring to get the fans back on their side and we just haven't looked any good in the past 2 games in the Premiership.

August 27, 2010, 06:52:44 PM
Reply #50

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully he plays Neville or Hibbert so that if we don't win, we can convince ourselves that we would have done if Seamus had played. If he starts, and we don't, then surely there's no point in ever going to a game again.

On a serious note, they have to be demoralised after last night. To have scored fairly late on only to have then lost it must have been a blow.

Their manager will know he's only holding the fort now, whereas if thay had gone through he could still have been in with a chance of getting the job properly.

If we go looking to win (I think they'd take a draw) then I'd expect a victory. If we also look for a draw anything could happen.

If we had come off a week where we'd lost 6-0 to Newcastle and then at home to Rapid again, whereas they'd won 5-1 in midweek I know that we'd be pretty pessimistic. Surely the same must apply to them.

August 27, 2010, 08:13:12 PM
Reply #51

.Rimbo.

I could, easily. The guy is a liability. He doesnt have the pace he used to, he doesnt win enough aerial battles and often gets bullied by much weaker forwards than him. He has done ok this season as he did at the start of last but he soon became a big weak link and I would rather stamp that out now rather than a few bad results down the line.

Maybe I am harsh on him, coming in to replace Lescott hasnt helped him in my eyes. It was like going from a Bentley to a Hummer. Looks like it should have something but fails in most aspects. I just have no confidence in him being reliable.

I agree with your assessment of him, but I was coming more from the angle of what type of message would it send to the players if you're playing well and you're just dropped? He's been better than Jagielka as of late so it would be unfair on him to drop him instead.

August 27, 2010, 08:13:23 PM
Reply #52

Bally

Administrator
Team news fresh from the press conference: Yobo (thigh), Yakubu (illness) and Anichebe (knee) miss Villa game. Neville (foot) also a doubt.
It's the roll I way

August 27, 2010, 08:17:44 PM
Reply #53

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Team news fresh from the press conference: Yobo (thigh), Yakubu (illness) and Anichebe (knee) miss Villa game. Neville (foot) also a doubt.

We have a chance then...
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

August 27, 2010, 08:37:23 PM
Reply #54

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Neville's foot is always a doubt.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 27, 2010, 10:42:04 PM
Reply #55

Sres

Howard

Coleman - Jags - Distin - Baines
             Heitinga
                       Fellaini
Billy            Mikel            Pienaar

Cahill

Mucha, Cahill, Gueye, Neville, Beckford, Saha, Osman

Haha, swap Cahill (bench version) for Yobo.

Just don't think Saha is in the kind of form to lead the line, might be a bit soon for Beckford. I would consider playing Yak if he was fit, but, like everyone else, I don't know what is going on there.

I just really like the look of that midfield and am loathe to drop Tim. He loves a goal against Villa; plus my old uni flatmates are Villa fans and can't stand him.

We know Coleman is a bit iffy defending, but does he need Howard right behind him?

August 27, 2010, 11:09:03 PM
Reply #56

Tellittoyourking

We know Coleman is a bit iffy defending, but does he need Howard right behind him?

Yes

August 27, 2010, 11:32:51 PM
Reply #57

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully he plays Neville or Hibbert so that if we don't win, we can convince ourselves that we would have done if Seamus had played. If he starts, and we don't, then surely there's no point in ever going to a game again.

On a serious note, they have to be demoralised after last night. To have scored fairly late on only to have then lost it must have been a blow.

Their manager will know he's only holding the fort now, whereas if thay had gone through he could still have been in with a chance of getting the job properly.

If we go looking to win (I think they'd take a draw) then I'd expect a victory. If we also look for a draw anything could happen.

If we had come off a week where we'd lost 6-0 to Newcastle and then at home to Rapid again, whereas they'd won 5-1 in midweek I know that we'd be pretty pessimistic. Surely the same must apply to them.

That is exactly my mindset when watching games these days :)

As for Villa I hope we don't go in their "meekly" as we've been in this situation before when teams are there for the taking but we give them enough room to build their confidence back up and we end up dropping points. We're going to have to score more than once though as we need to account for Carew scoring against us yet again.

August 27, 2010, 11:57:31 PM
Reply #58

.Rimbo.

August 28, 2010, 01:45:12 AM
Reply #59

cantoffee