October 19, 2018, 06:12:19 PM

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton  (Read 39421 times)

August 26, 2010, 05:49:19 AM
Read 39421 times

Rhys

Frankly, I think the player who made the biggest case - taking into account deficiencies against Wolves - was Gueye.

Why? He showed glimpses but lost the ball most of the time he had it after the first 20 minutes. Im not getting at him here but he didnt have an impact after the first cross, he looked extremely raw and thats because he is. There is no way we should be starting him over Bily or Ossie on the wings at this point.

Howard
Neville Jags Distin Baines
Osman Fellaini Arteta Pienaar
Cahill Beckford

That is my prediction but maybe Bily in for Ossie. I would much rather have Heitinga in for Distin though. Fellaini is a must though not just because he is arguably our best player but we need someone who might actually battle with Carew.

August 26, 2010, 07:15:11 PM
Reply #1

Rhys

I'm not a big Distin fan but there's no way you can drop him after how he's been playing lately.

I could, easily. The guy is a liability. He doesnt have the pace he used to, he doesnt win enough aerial battles and often gets bullied by much weaker forwards than him. He has done ok this season as he did at the start of last but he soon became a big weak link and I would rather stamp that out now rather than a few bad results down the line.

Maybe I am harsh on him, coming in to replace Lescott hasnt helped him in my eyes. It was like going from a Bentley to a Hummer. Looks like it should have something but fails in most aspects. I just have no confidence in him being reliable.