January 20, 2017, 01:45:49 PM

Author Topic: [News]McCarthy could leave Everton this month  (Read 1278 times)

January 10, 2017, 03:28:20 PM
Reply #30

di_guyo

Exactly, surely everyone agrees that Gibson and Cleverly should be first out the door before McCarthy.

This. However, if the fee is right then there's no point hanging onto him just for him to depreciate in value and warm the bench/work he physios. If we were to get Schneiderlin it'd be him and Gana first choice. Barry and Davies, considering we have nothing really to play for, wouldn't really hurt us too much as back up. McCarthy, for all his running, is pretty shit after all - he's not good defensively and he's piss poor going forwards. He's just an engine.
Everton & Atleti

January 10, 2017, 03:35:17 PM
Reply #31

Lxxx

McCarthy could still be the future as hopefully is Davies.  Gibson Barry Cleverley part of a 4-3-3 that need a Uber

I don't know in what universe James McCarthy is the future of Everton but I hope to hell it's not the one I inhabit.

January 10, 2017, 04:56:38 PM
Reply #32

minty

This. However, if the fee is right then there's no point hanging onto him just for him to depreciate in value and warm the bench/work he physios. If we were to get Schneiderlin it'd be him and Gana first choice. Barry and Davies, considering we have nothing really to play for, wouldn't really hurt us too much as back up. McCarthy, for all his running, is pretty shit after all - he's not good defensively and he's piss poor going forwards. He's just an engine.

Does no one else think Davies would be better off going out on loan and playing regularly rather than warming the bench if/when Schneiderlin comes?

January 10, 2017, 06:35:00 PM
Reply #33

ally2

I like McCarthy. A true warrior.

Hahahahaha

Youre taking the piss right?  Please tell me your taking the piss.