November 22, 2017, 10:01:01 AM

Author Topic: [News]Donovan close to signing  (Read 8910 times)

December 10, 2009, 12:38:37 AM
Read 8910 times

NewsBot

Donovan close to signing

Everton are reportedly close to wrapping up a loan deal for LA Galaxy's United States international forward Landon Donovan.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/news.php?item.5471.1

deCoubertin

December 10, 2009, 01:16:09 AM
Reply #1

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

December 10, 2009, 02:49:15 AM
Reply #2

DannyR

I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

December 11, 2009, 04:15:12 AM
Reply #3

toffee_scot

I'm very surprised we've acted so quickly in the January transfer market - by negotiating transfers in December! Perhaps our 2009 injury crisis has given the board a kick up the backside to find players early and bring them in.

As for the player in question, sounds like another Moyes utility player, I wonder if he will cope with the physical nature of the British game?

December 11, 2009, 05:28:06 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
I'm very surprised we've acted so quickly in the January transfer market - by negotiating transfers in December! Perhaps our 2009 injury crisis has given the board a kick up the backside to find players early and bring them in.

As for the player in question, sounds like another Moyes utility player, I wonder if he will cope with the physical nature of the British game?

It's January 2011 their talking about buying him.

December 11, 2009, 06:09:17 AM
Reply #5

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

I think its a very good bit of business by Moyes if it happens. Its pretty much a win win situation. (the thumbsup guy icon)

December 11, 2009, 07:27:51 AM
Reply #6

Neville Southall

Hahaha, 'great bit of work by Moyes'. Nothing to do with Kenwright or Robert Elstone, they only get involved when something is shit.

December 11, 2009, 07:50:15 AM
Reply #7

Dr. Sponge

Good addition, he's quite pacey if I'm not mistaken.

December 11, 2009, 01:22:27 PM
Reply #8

slothzen

I'm from the states, and I've been an Everton fan for just over a year now.  As you might expect I am pretty excited about Landon going to play for us.  I'm not a huge consumer of the MLS, but he is soccer's representative here.  He is a massively popular and famous player, so you can expect some ulterior buzz and awareness in the US for Everton, which is a bonus to his obvious ability that hopefully we'll get to see.

Here's a video: Top 20 goals

December 11, 2009, 02:31:28 PM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Excited by this one, someone said in another thread he was past it but I think that is a hard argument to win when he is only 27!  This could be a renaissance for him and us.  I can't believe he has lost that much pace either.   Look forward to seeing him play, hopefully on the right short term.

December 11, 2009, 03:43:59 PM
Reply #10

Sres

Surely it's the defence we should be concentrating on?

December 11, 2009, 04:02:53 PM
Reply #11

Endless, Nameless

Surely it's the defence we should be concentrating on?

Attack is the best form of defence, is it not? That and we should have the mighty Jags back soon. And by adding midfielders perhaps Heitinga can drop into CB, so we can see what he's like in his prefered role.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 11, 2009, 04:05:38 PM
Reply #12

Haile GAZrselassie

Hahaha, 'great bit of work by Moyes'. Nothing to do with Kenwright or Robert Elstone, they only get involved when something is shit.

fair point.

i doubt it will be long though until the regulars get their claws out for them again when we fail to sign another dozen players in january.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:29:53 PM by moysies ginner pubes »
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 11, 2009, 04:32:01 PM
Reply #13

Mikel10

We need as many players we can get at the moment, so yes people would be unhappy if Kenwright and Elstone weren't able to bring in 3 or 4 players.

December 11, 2009, 04:44:42 PM
Reply #14

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

Ive never been a huge Kenwright basher mate, he is there if we like it or not. Im still gratefull for him saving us from agent J.

But I also think Moyes would of identified LD and then BK and Co. would move to sign him