October 24, 2017, 10:56:05 AM

Author Topic: Ivan Rakitic of Schalke  (Read 2081 times)

December 13, 2009, 04:13:35 PM
Read 2081 times

Youngy09

Another Sunday, another bullshit News of the World rumour, but here it is.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Everton-scouting-Croatian-playmaker-Ivan-Rakitic/4085/?

10 games, 1 goal and 1 assist doesn't sound that great to me, although 7 goals in 24 international games sounds good, but I've never seen him play.

deCoubertin

December 13, 2009, 05:32:49 PM
Reply #1

Thom

Administrator
Seen him on a couple of occasions for Croatia. Decent little player. With no money to spend though we won't see him coming here unless we sell someone first.

December 13, 2009, 06:52:08 PM
Reply #2

fast lane

ah, the Croatian, not bad, no.
OLH will know him better, we'll await his judgement.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 13, 2009, 07:08:35 PM
Reply #3

Youngy09

What type of player is he fast lane? Is he quick?

December 13, 2009, 07:17:07 PM
Reply #4

123_efc

He's a good little player, creative attacking midfielder from what ive seen of him
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

December 13, 2009, 08:13:41 PM
Reply #5

Gary Iceman

IVAN RAKITIC is being checked out by Everton boss David Moyes.
The Croatian winger is one of six high-earning players who have been told they can leave as Bundesliga side Schalke deal with a financial crisis.

It means Rakitic, 21, who is rated at around 6million, could be allowed to move to the Premier League for a knockdown price.

Everton scouts, as well as others from around Europe, are watching the former Basel winger as the Merseysiders tackle a mounting injury problem.

The Toffees badly need reinforcements as they are facing a relegation battle in the second half of the season, despite picking up a great point at Chelsea.

Rakitic was the only player to emerge with any credit from his country's 5-1 defeat against England at Wembley in September as he set up the only goal.

The Swiss-born star played for the country of his birth at Under-21 level but was persuaded to play for Croatia two years ago by Slaven Bilic.

Everton have already lined up a loan swoop for USA international Landon Donovan.
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.