November 18, 2017, 08:11:05 PM

Author Topic: Next everton manager?  (Read 5700 times)

August 31, 2010, 07:56:34 AM
Reply #15

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes gets 65k a week. We could get a top top manager for that money.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

deCoubertin

August 31, 2010, 08:41:30 AM
Reply #16

HungryHungryHibbo

'Arry.

Fuck off!

Let's just clone Moyes...problem solved.
coyb

August 31, 2010, 08:46:04 AM
Reply #17

nomorechang

RIP
Jack Rodwell on his 40th birthday
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

August 31, 2010, 09:04:45 AM
Reply #18

Alex6691

Fuck off!

Let's just clone Moyes...problem solved.

I wasnt being serious mate...

August 31, 2010, 10:23:32 AM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes has done a great job bringing these players in.

I hope whoever comes in next has a better idea on how to use them.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 31, 2010, 11:24:56 AM
Reply #20

montanatoffeefan

I don't think there is realistically anyone out their capable of replacing Moyes in our current state, what makes it all worse is that if Moyes go's Kenwright will sell Pienaar for any kind of money offered before the new manager comes in so he has no resistance.

This, and +1 to Connavar. I seriously doubt any manager will be able to do so much with so little as Moyes has done here. And someone would have to be desperate or daft to try.

If Moyes goes, Everton will start sloughing off essential parts like a leper and be quarantined to the Cship in a few years. We'll sink to the level of our ownership.
Everton forever.

August 31, 2010, 02:02:28 PM
Reply #21

Gumpinio

Alan Irvine or Steve Round
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

August 31, 2010, 02:20:33 PM
Reply #22

Thorchild

I think you would be right with Alan Irvine or Steve Round, with Neville probably in the wings.  

I tuned out for a day after the grim game on Sunday and come back to the world caving in.  I really hope that everything is as is in 36 hours, but having the bookies change their odds so dramatically is compellingly frightening.  It is clear that we need someone who can bag goals against premier league teams, and Sunday's 17 bloody corners (without result) could well have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Still, after getting all his boys to sign, one would not look favourably on a stellar career at Everton so suddenly uprooted three games in.  It would leave us well and truly buggered, and I have trouble seeing Moyes doing that ... even in this dreadful mercenary world.  Kenright said earlier this week that there is money available if effectively begged for, but that the manager has not asked for it hat in hand, knees in the snow ... .

If it were not for the bookies, I would toss cold water on it all, but if Moyes leaves, then why not Pienaar, Rodwell, Jags and "The Nigerians," as they have been so neatly depersonalised recently?  Some days, I really hate being an Evertonian ... but I can't imagine any supporter has clear sailing regularly.

If we did not get Irvine or Round, Hughes would be next on any short list, although Kenright would probably follow the same procedure he did with Moyes ... get someone young and hungry.

Let's hope not.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:22:59 PM by Thorchild »
I have always loved the way it sounds.  When I was a boy I would sometimes catch myself just repeating it over and over again just to hear the way it sounded, "Everton ... Everton ... Everton ... ."

August 31, 2010, 02:29:48 PM
Reply #23

montanatoffeefan

Welcome back Thorchild. Long time no post. Wish there was some better matters to post about. I'd say the day is young still, but that's more a worry than a hope this window.
Everton forever.

August 31, 2010, 02:57:38 PM
Reply #24

Maccapacca

Kendall  :bonk:

August 31, 2010, 03:05:43 PM
Reply #25

Thorchild

Thank you, Montana.  I have been trying to take this window in a more relaxed way ... and have avoided the constant speculation, which made me crazy for three years running.

I just had a cigarette and came to these conclusions:

1.  Lerner can offer Moyes transfer funds - but no time to use them, now.

2.  Selling any of our players runs into the same problem - time to replace them.  Unless it's a trade with Spurs, the more I think about it, the less likely any transfer seems.

3.  Moyes would lose the moral high ground by leaving us now.

4.  Rodwell has no guarantee of playing time with ManU, and he is signed for five years.  Unless they offer us a bucketload of cash - and then there is the time factor - what is our hurry - or theirs?

I am starting to think any move is unlikely.  Pienaar to Spurs for someone else is the only "trade" that makes any sense at all.  And I think Moyes stays at least until January.  If he does leave for additional transfer funds, it will be at the start of a window, not on its final day.

I hope you are well, my friend.  COYB!
I have always loved the way it sounds.  When I was a boy I would sometimes catch myself just repeating it over and over again just to hear the way it sounded, "Everton ... Everton ... Everton ... ."

August 31, 2010, 03:17:52 PM
Reply #26

Tasslehoff

Be carefull mate, you get slated on this board for that type of stuff. Something to do with BlueKipper or something. Just FYI

August 31, 2010, 03:31:17 PM
Reply #27

montanatoffeefan

I agree none of the rumors make sense, Thorchild. But these are senseless times. And when you factor in Bill Kenwright and Everton's financial state...well, all bet's are off.

Though I agree that Pienaar to Spurs is the best wager. With Yak and Yobo to Wham close behind. And someone or two insufficient to cover those losses coming our way.

I've tried to take it easy on the transfer stuff the past few summers, or at least take everything with a grain of salt. But this one has me very worried.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 03:35:14 PM by montanatoffeefan »
Everton forever.

August 31, 2010, 03:37:37 PM
Reply #28

montanatoffeefan

0930: News from the bookies - David Moyes has drifted back out to 6/1 with bet365 to be the next Aston Villa boss, with Kevin MacDonald back as favourite.
Everton forever.

August 31, 2010, 03:42:56 PM
Reply #29

Danny

Thank you, Montana.  I have been trying to take this window in a more relaxed way ... and have avoided the constant speculation, which made me crazy for three years running.

I just had a cigarette and came to these conclusions:

1.  Lerner can offer Moyes transfer funds - but no time to use them, now.

2.  Selling any of our players runs into the same problem - time to replace them.  Unless it's a trade with Spurs, the more I think about it, the less likely any transfer seems.

3.  Moyes would lose the moral high ground by leaving us now.

4.  Rodwell has no guarantee of playing time with ManU, and he is signed for five years.  Unless they offer us a bucketload of cash - and then there is the time factor - what is our hurry - or theirs?

I am starting to think any move is unlikely.  Pienaar to Spurs for someone else is the only "trade" that makes any sense at all.  And I think Moyes stays at least until January.  If he does leave for additional transfer funds, it will be at the start of a window, not on its final day.

Have to disagree with that one mate I reckon he'd get more games with united because generally they will be safely winning more games than us, giving Fergie nice options to bring him on for 40 minutes. He'd then start him in lesser games like WBA home.