November 18, 2017, 02:32:12 PM

Author Topic: Next everton manager?  (Read 5699 times)

September 01, 2010, 04:04:43 AM
Reply #45

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The answer is obvious:  Big Dunc.

Get the big lad back and he'll get the lads pumped up like no-one else. we'll get behind him and hey presto: Keegan effect!

Come on, who wouln't want to give Dunc a go?

me
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

deCoubertin

September 01, 2010, 04:08:00 AM
Reply #46

Gash

Global Moderator
The answer is obvious:  Big Dunc.

Get the big lad back and he'll get the lads pumped up like no-one else. we'll get behind him and hey presto: Keegan effect!

Come on, who wouln't want to give Dunc a go?

Me

September 01, 2010, 04:11:18 AM
Reply #47

Father Mcnulty

Maybe Moyes hasn't got it in him, who the hell else does? Who - working with the constraints Moyes works under - would do a better job?

I don't think anyone could do a better job than he has done in the past, but if he leaves, then it's not the end of the world. Moyes isn't the only good manager in football, so I'm sure we'd get someone who could maintain our current situation. Most of the hard work has been done. Moyes built a team, and with little funding, but he needs to manage that team now. So far this season he's not done that well. He can't use past performances to justify poor future performances. What we need is for Moyes to become better, and take more risks. Yes, a bit of money would help, but it's not like our team isn't good enough to have a crack. We haven't won anything under Moyes, despite his hard work, so let's not get too carried away with his success. We don't know how any other manager would have done, because the job has been Moyes'. For all we know, Sven might have won us the Prem. Allardyce might have won us the European championship. Mourinho might have gotten us relegated. We'll never know, but we will still be Everton regardless of who the manager is.

September 01, 2010, 04:35:16 AM
Reply #48

BlueDan