November 19, 2017, 05:46:03 AM

Author Topic: 25 man squad  (Read 2947 times)

September 01, 2010, 09:38:19 PM
Read 2947 times

blueblueblue

Moyes set to name only 21 players.

Is that all we can muster without kids? Or is our team so full of exceptional under 21's that we are just making a mockery out of this new system?

Are we going to have a situation were we cant even fill the bench after we get a few injuries?

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"

deCoubertin

September 01, 2010, 09:41:26 PM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
maybe he has 4 free transfers lined up....................

Simply simply lovely

September 01, 2010, 09:48:46 PM
Reply #2

top flight for a long time

We don't need to register under-21s so why bother.  It leaves 4 free places in the squad for the signings he'll make before the transfer window closes.  Oh wait...........  :headbang:
We're forever Everton....

September 01, 2010, 10:10:48 PM
Reply #3

Joey

Why don't we try and sign Franco he was released by west ham and he is a striker what we've all been crying out for. He's not amazing but he is better than beckford

September 01, 2010, 10:12:10 PM
Reply #4

Gibbsy76

Moyes set to name only 21 players.

Is that all we can muster without kids? Or is our team so full of exceptional under 21's that we are just making a mockery out of this new system?

Are we going to have a situation were we cant even fill the bench after we get a few injuries?

Jesus.

And to think that the media are worried about Aston Villa's 22-man squad: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6352409,00.html

September 01, 2010, 10:28:44 PM
Reply #5

Gareth

Why don't we try and sign Franco he was released by west ham and he is a striker what we've all been crying out for. He's not amazing but he is better than beckford

Christ.

September 01, 2010, 10:32:23 PM
Reply #6

dekko

September 01, 2010, 10:54:41 PM
Reply #7

plumber

...and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

September 01, 2010, 11:05:37 PM
Reply #8

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

wow

Simply simply lovely

September 01, 2010, 11:13:25 PM
Reply #9

Alanvideo

is Alan Stubbs in the squad ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 01, 2010, 11:14:47 PM
Reply #10

KingdingalingNL

Oh dear!!!  no he is not the striker we have all been crying out for and i'd pick Beckford over him any day of the week.

September 01, 2010, 11:19:17 PM
Reply #11

dave1efc

It's something to do with the 8 man rule i guess.

If you dont have 8 players that fit the criteria you can pick a smaller squad. So if you have say 5 then you can pick a sqaud of 22 leaving 3 spaces that could be filled with players in the future.

Same old Uefa, new rules with loop holes for the bigger clubs.

September 01, 2010, 11:19:50 PM
Reply #12

Joey

It was only a thought I know it's not ideal, not exactly what I want to see happen but he is a striker and he is a free agent. Besides moyes won't sign anybody else and when the yak is fit he'll be back in the squad and when he is fit I believe he is our best striker and will start with Saha and beckford on the bench

September 01, 2010, 11:43:45 PM
Reply #13

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

If you dont have 8 players that fit the criteria you can pick a smaller squad. So if you have say 5 then you can pick a sqaud of 22 leaving 3 spaces that could be filled with players in the future.

Fuck all that, who is the woman on your pic.... woooooooo hooooo

Simply simply lovely

September 02, 2010, 12:39:22 AM
Reply #14

rutribal

We already have over the 8 home grown players, so I don't think it's a case of us being restricted. I think with the loss of Gosling, Ruddy and Nash, we still have 9 home grown players.