January 19, 2017, 02:05:06 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton agree Belfodil deal  (Read 6905 times)

Running Blue, KevtheRat, KingdingalingNL and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 12, 2017, 05:01:20 AM
Reply #45

christiffa25

Berahino is a Grade A twat.

I'd sooner risk paying 10m for this lad than get Berahino on a free.

Why because he fell out with the grade A tits at West Brom.

Everyone has a breaking point. His came 3 clubs, 3 transfer windows and 3 big offers down the line. 

January 12, 2017, 05:09:58 AM
Reply #46

BlueBeagle

His came 3 clubs, 3 transfer windows and 3 big offers down the line.

No it didn't, it came after the 1st club when he practically down tools for months.

Let's not forget he's not even that good of a player. Averages roughly 10 goals per season (based on his 3 seasons in the PL where he has played 30 games or more in a season) which for a front man is shite.

January 12, 2017, 05:11:38 AM
Reply #47

Running Blue

I am hopeful that he turns good, and that he is just the sort of Walsh buy that we were asking for. However, his strike rate is pretty abysmal, and it is a reasonable cause for concern. We will have to see. I have some faith in Walsh and Co., and am hopeful he will turn out to be a solid buy. Just not as hopeful as I would like to be.

I just read a great book - "Inverting the Pyramid."  It talks about the evolution of football tactics since the 1800s.  I honestly believe Koeman is a real "connoisseur" of the sport and it is not inconceivable that he is looking at bringing in someone who can play a certain role without having a great strike rate.  It could be that he sees a role for a forward who will do a better job of bringing our other attacking assets (Bolassie, Mirallas, Lennon, Baines, Coleman, Lookman, etc.) into the match than Lukaku does. 

The book actually gave Christophe Dugarry as an example of a striker who wasn't a very prolific goal scorer.  I think he was at about 1 in 6 matches which really is not very good.  Yet, he was good enough to play for Milan, Barcelona, Marseille, etc.  He won the European Cup, the World Cup, and La Liga. 

Anyway, I don't really disagree with you... I'm just trying to give Koeman the benefit of the doubt here and recommending a very interesting book.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:39:31 PM by Running Blue »

January 12, 2017, 05:16:57 AM
Reply #48

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Lads, we haven't bought him for his goalscoring record. We've bought him because he has a certain set of attributes that we sorely lack.

If he can chip in with a fair few then sound. But he's there as a target man to bring others into play and take the pressure off Lukaku.

January 12, 2017, 05:17:51 AM
Reply #49

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

January 12, 2017, 05:38:02 AM
Reply #50

Big Al

“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

January 12, 2017, 05:56:07 AM
Reply #51

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I will add him to my list as soon as he signs. Can't wait.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Oumar Niasse, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 12, 2017, 06:25:18 AM
Reply #52

Ridge

The ball wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high over blocks and walls,
When all at once we saw as a crowd,
A flying blue Belfodil

January 12, 2017, 06:55:06 AM
Reply #53

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
Lads, we haven't bought him for his goalscoring record. We've bought him because he has a certain set of attributes that we sorely lack.

If he can chip in with a fair few then sound. But he's there as a target man to bring others into play and take the pressure off Lukaku.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:07:37 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 12, 2017, 06:58:29 AM
Reply #54

Elgoodo1978

....including 1 where he kicks into the bar and back into his face at first attempt from 2 yards.

Haha! He sounds a keeper! 

January 12, 2017, 09:59:36 AM
Reply #55

howard1334

I understand that, but as a second striker, he still needs to pick up goals. If he starts in place of Ross Barkley, he needs to score somewhat regularly to justify his selection, because Ross still is our second leading scorer over the last two years (sad as that may be), and he is actually in the top 15 for chances created in all of Europe. Also, who is supposed to lead the line if Lukaku goes down injured? If it is him, then he needs to score -- plain and simple. Now this changes, of course, changes if we bring in another striker this window who is more goal-scoring oriented.

I am not saying he needs to be a 1 in every 2 games sort of player. 1 in 4 or maybe even 5 would be sufficient, but over the course of his career, in lesser leagues, he has not even hit that lowly mark. That is a slightly pause for concern. 

I am not writing him off. I have confidence in Walsh. It just means I am cautiously optimistic rather than really excited to have him join. What is wrong with that?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:02:07 AM by howard1334 »

January 12, 2017, 10:57:15 AM
Reply #56

blue1948

No it didn't, it came after the 1st club when he practically down tools for months.

Let's not forget he's not even that good of a player. Averages roughly 10 goals per season (based on his 3 seasons in the PL where he has played 30 games or more in a season) which for a front man is shite.
How long have you watched Everton ? ten goals a season isn't shite  well not if you are blue

January 12, 2017, 12:53:22 PM
Reply #57

howard1334

How long have you watched Everton ? ten goals a season isn't shite  well not if you are blue

Got to agree with that. There are like, what, 15 players in the prem capable of scoring 10 goals in the league each season on a consistent basis. Not going to check, but I bet the number of players that have scored over 10 goals in the league for each of the last three seasons is under 10.

January 12, 2017, 01:54:05 PM
Reply #58

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

January 12, 2017, 02:07:23 PM
Reply #59

everton1952

24 years old and we will be his 7th or 8th club. Don't expect a lot based on that nomadic record. Cheap though.