October 23, 2019, 05:08:17 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Manchester United  (Read 44386 times)

September 11, 2010, 08:56:44 PM
Reply #210

cantoffee

This. Had Jag's been put off by the whistle blowing I wonder? (most likely not but something to think about)

As someone else said (montana?) what if we had scored? Atkinson would've been torn limb from limb by a furious mob, suppose it didn't happen but still, looks like he applied some sort of Fergie time, where Manchester United get a chance to win but not their opponents.

September 11, 2010, 08:57:48 PM
Reply #211

montanatoffeefan

Unbelivable. Although strangely I always thought we were going to come back into it.

You should grab a crystal ball and open up a shop then. That's an astonishing bit of prognosticating considering how far out of it we looked.

Everton forever.

September 11, 2010, 08:57:58 PM
Reply #212

cantoffee

Anyone else pissed off (with moyes/ref), yet still smiling from ear to ear? Odd feeling this.

September 11, 2010, 08:58:53 PM
Reply #213

Tinga

Can't believe that.

September 11, 2010, 08:59:30 PM
Reply #214

charlatan

Anyone else pissed off (with moyes/ref), yet still smiling from ear to ear? Odd feeling this.

Yup, definitely.

September 11, 2010, 08:59:48 PM
Reply #215

Sprooly

Has that just changed our season i think it might have

September 11, 2010, 09:00:36 PM
Reply #216

BluKnows

Unbelivable. Although strangely I always thought we were going to come back into it.

That said, definitely don't play that way again. The plan is simple from now on...

Distin to the bench, Heitinga starts at CB with Jags.
Yak starts, he's still our best striker and if he needs a few games to get to his best then so be it. He did so well with his back to goal today.
Coleman is given more time - we need more of a threat down that side.

Distin, Hibbert and Osman are not good enough to be playing at this level. I really don't see how anyone can disagree with that!
"Don't Forget Boys! 'One Evertonian Is Worth Twenty Liverpudlians"  Brian Labone  

September 11, 2010, 09:00:50 PM
Reply #217

charlatan

Has that just changed our season i think it might have

Not unless it changes Moyes' starting lineup as well

September 11, 2010, 09:01:26 PM
Reply #218

cantoffee

Now Im starting to laugh in some sort of hysterical manner, Im still so mad though!

September 11, 2010, 09:05:19 PM
Reply #219

HarveyKendallBall

I can understand people being annoyed with Moyes, but to be fair, I think a bigger problem today was poor individual errors - especially from Distin, but Heitinga and Fellaini were both guilty of lapses of concentration.

He did try to bring the Yak and Seamus on before the 3rd goal, when we were getting forward at 2-1 down. I'm not sure whether having made the change five minutes earlier would have prevented Distin's poor positioning against Berbatov.

Mainly, I'm delighted that it's 3 years without a win for the Mancs at Goodison now, and I do feel that this might be the spark we need to kick on. If we can put 3 points on the board against Newcastle next week, I'll be feeling a lot happier.

September 11, 2010, 09:05:41 PM
Reply #220

montanatoffeefan

Completely. Love the man, and will defend him against almost any attack. But I don't think I could defend Moyes any better right now than Distin and Baines did our goal today. There were times in the second half when I wanted to do to Moyes what he wanted to do to Atkinson after the final whistle.

He really needs to get it right for the next game.
Everton forever.

September 11, 2010, 09:06:04 PM
Reply #221

chang

Maybe a better way to end a game would be as they do in rugby, in other words next time the ball goes dead after "time"

I actually thought this game exposed us for exactly what we are, it also showed what we do best.

September 11, 2010, 09:07:21 PM
Reply #222

Sprooly

i thought yak was pretty good when he came on so hopefully he continues that

September 11, 2010, 09:10:17 PM
Reply #223

dunkster

fucking strange feeling i am having. feel like we won the game.

osman and hibbert need to be replaced.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

September 11, 2010, 09:10:42 PM
Reply #224

montanatoffeefan

i thought yak was pretty good when he came on so hopefully he continues that

This. Yak brings so much more to the attack than just scoring goals. That hold up and pass off he did was brilliant. Can't wait to see him starting again. Be nice if Victor got back soon, too.
Everton forever.