October 23, 2019, 07:22:08 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Manchester United  (Read 44393 times)

September 11, 2010, 09:12:40 PM
Reply #225

dunkster

the yak needs game time for fitness and chances to score. play him and replace him when he is tired (around 60 mins) with beckford to make his own impact.
we need the yak he IS VERY good you know.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

September 11, 2010, 09:13:36 PM
Reply #226

Ong-Timus Prime

I'm more worried about Distin than Osman.
Osman was played out of position. What's Distin's excuse?
if you know yer history...

September 11, 2010, 09:15:29 PM
Reply #227

dunkster

yeah but you all championed distin last game and said jagielka was the weak link.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

September 11, 2010, 09:16:29 PM
Reply #228

Ridge

Anyone going to credit Cahill for getting us back into the game or helping set up the winner. Or playing the ball for Arteta, in Pienaar's goal.

September 11, 2010, 09:17:11 PM
Reply #229

charlatan

I can understand people being annoyed with Moyes, but to be fair, I think a bigger problem today was poor individual errors - especially from Distin, but Heitinga and Fellaini were both guilty of lapses of concentration.

It's poor individual errors every week, by the same people every week, that never get dropped.  Moyes' wanted fucking for that starting lineup today, and thats not hindsight, I posted that at 12pm.

If he wants to get the season back on track he needs to man up and make up with Yakubu over whatever it is they have fallen out over

September 11, 2010, 09:17:16 PM
Reply #230

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
You should grab a crystal ball and open up a shop then. That's an astonishing bit of prognosticating considering how far out of it we looked.

I know it was one of those weird football feelings that something will play out a certain way and after the fact you regret not betting on it. But if I had I'm sure it never would have happened.

Doesn't everyone get those from time to time? :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:19:42 PM by blueToffee »

September 11, 2010, 09:17:45 PM
Reply #231

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Distins run of good form is over then.  He was terrible today.  He was lucky jags played well and Howard was outstanding.  Hibbert had a poor game today and Fellaini just looked really uncomfortable.  Great result today though, Moyes tried something different that didn,t work but at least he changed things.  So good to see the Yak, missed the fucker

September 11, 2010, 09:18:48 PM
Reply #232

cantoffee

But he's just not good enough for us anymore Ridge!

September 11, 2010, 09:19:48 PM
Reply #233

charlatan

Thought Fellaini was awful til he was played in his normal position later on, where he then bossed things.  Any surprise though, given the fact he isnt a centre forward?

September 11, 2010, 09:20:46 PM
Reply #234

chang

September 11, 2010, 09:21:00 PM
Reply #235

montanatoffeefan

I know it was one of those weird football feelings that something will play out a certain way you and after the fact you regret not betting on it. But if I had I'm sure it never would have happened.

Doesn't everyone get those from time to time? :)

Yeah, but I'm usually about 20 quid the poorer for it.

I think I would have turned down 100-1 odds for us getting a point out of today after they scored their third.
Everton forever.

September 11, 2010, 09:21:31 PM
Reply #236

cantoffee

Really hope Yak can get up to fitness over the net couple weeks, we need him.

September 11, 2010, 09:21:47 PM
Reply #237

Ridge

But he's just not good enough for us anymore Ridge!
Good point, it was all Coleman's introduction that did it.

September 11, 2010, 09:22:47 PM
Reply #238

cantoffee

Good point, it was all Coleman's introduction that did it.

Him and Fernandes.

September 11, 2010, 09:24:54 PM
Reply #239

HarveyKendallBall

It's poor individual errors every week, by the same people every week, that never get dropped.  Moyes' wanted fucking for that starting lineup today, and thats not hindsight, I posted that at 12pm.

If he wants to get the season back on track he needs to man up and make up with Yakubu over whatever it is they have fallen out over

The players who Moyes is accused of never dropping are usually Neville, Osman, Hibbert, no?

There may be a case for criticising Osman, but Neville was dropped, and I didn't see any glaring errors from Hibbert today.

As for the Yakubu situation, it seems from other fora that his problem is not with Moyes himself - but whatever the reason he looked hungrier and more focussed coming on today than he has in a while, and I for one hope we'll see that continue, because he could be the solution to our current problems up front, especially allowing Beckford to come on when defenses are tiring later on.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:27:04 PM by HarveyKendallBall »