October 18, 2019, 06:49:01 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Manchester United  (Read 44175 times)

September 08, 2010, 09:12:48 PM
Read 44175 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The idea that we can't win without Phil Neville bemuses me a bit. Given his age, we better had find a way sooner rather than later.

I don't think the captain's role on the pitch is that significant, there are 11 players who for the most part know what they should be doing and all have the will to win.

We can play well without Phil Neville, so we can win without Phil Neville. The real problem this season has been individual errors and certain players not playing to their potential. That said I think Neville is a great club representative, for me he just doesn't need to be playing all the time for us to win.

September 10, 2010, 08:42:19 PM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Rodwell and Saha out (Rodwell for up to 3 months it says on the OS) but Neville is back.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/09/10/rodwell-and-saha-out

I wonder if Moyes will go super defensive:

Howard

Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines

Neville Heitinga

Arteta Pienaar

Fellaini

Cahill

With the current available options I'd like:

Howard

Hibbert Jagielka Heitinga Baines

Fellaini

Coleman Osman Arteta Pienaar

Cahill

September 11, 2010, 08:52:01 PM
Reply #2

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Unbelivable. Although strangely I always thought we were going to come back into it.

That said, definitely don't play that way again. The plan is simple from now on...

Distin to the bench, Heitinga starts at CB with Jags.
Yak starts, he's still our best striker and if he needs a few games to get to his best then so be it. He did so well with his back to goal today.
Coleman is given more time - we need more of a threat down that side.

September 11, 2010, 09:17:16 PM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
You should grab a crystal ball and open up a shop then. That's an astonishing bit of prognosticating considering how far out of it we looked.

I know it was one of those weird football feelings that something will play out a certain way and after the fact you regret not betting on it. But if I had I'm sure it never would have happened.

Doesn't everyone get those from time to time? :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:19:42 PM by blueToffee »

September 11, 2010, 09:27:46 PM
Reply #4

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Good point, it was all Coleman's introduction that did it.

Coleman did at least give them something to think about as we were very predicatable and it probably was the reason they switched things up with Evra coming off. Or maybe they just thought it was in the bag. Either way I thought he put in a good cross and Evra should have been carded for his dive to trip him up.

Biggest difference was Yak though. Partly as it meant everyone went back to their beet positions.