September 19, 2019, 12:39:40 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Manchester United  (Read 43414 times)

September 11, 2010, 09:27:46 PM
Reply #240

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Good point, it was all Coleman's introduction that did it.

Coleman did at least give them something to think about as we were very predicatable and it probably was the reason they switched things up with Evra coming off. Or maybe they just thought it was in the bag. Either way I thought he put in a good cross and Evra should have been carded for his dive to trip him up.

Biggest difference was Yak though. Partly as it meant everyone went back to their beet positions.

September 11, 2010, 09:30:21 PM
Reply #241

chang

47 minutes as they scored their 2nd Sky commentator  " Vidic scored the winning goal here in 2007 and it looks like he's done it again"

89 minutes - Andy Gray - "Man United just playing the clock down now, playing keep ball"

Do these people get paid for sharing their wisdom?

September 11, 2010, 09:31:29 PM
Reply #242

cantoffee

Im interested to see the match ratings, Pienaar probably MOTM, although you could easily make a case for Cahill who had a hand in all three goals and lead the line admirably.

September 11, 2010, 09:31:46 PM
Reply #243

dunkster

he plays well with the yak. mainly because the yak demands a lot of attention from the centre backs and free's up space for cahill. Play them together.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

September 11, 2010, 09:35:46 PM
Reply #244

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Im interested to see the match ratings, Pienaar probably MOTM, although you could easily make a case for Cahill who had a hand in all three goals and lead the line admirably.
GOod call but i cant look beyond Howard who was just excellent today and kept us in it.

September 11, 2010, 09:36:41 PM
Reply #245

bloody scally

47 minutes as they scored their 2nd Sky commentator  " Vidic scored the winning goal here in 2007 and it looks like he's done it again"

Do these people get paid for sharing their wisdom?

Funny that he tried to sound knowledgable.
. o 0 O [Throw in a fact I have written down and everyone will think I am a great commentator]

September 11, 2010, 09:36:53 PM
Reply #246

cantoffee

GOod call but i cant look beyond Howard who was just excellent today and kept us in it.

Good point, save of the year on that Scholes shot!

September 11, 2010, 09:38:53 PM
Reply #247

cantoffee

Reading red cafe got this gem off of there about the last goal

"Arteta could of done a war dance around the ball before anyone would have got near him."

September 11, 2010, 09:42:03 PM
Reply #248

Ridge

Howard was superb, but I don't like giving the keeper the MOM when its not one sided. Couple of sensational saves, but I think it has to go to Coleman for his initiative and general greatness beyond any of the goalscorers or players involved in the goals.

We had more shots on target, off target, corners and possession, only stat they had more was fouls, thats a vastly different collection of stats to United games from a few years back.

September 11, 2010, 09:44:19 PM
Reply #249

HarveyKendallBall

We had more shots on target, off target, corners and possession, only stat they had more was fouls, thats a vastly different collection of stats to United games from a few years back.

Absolutely.

September 11, 2010, 09:51:31 PM
Reply #250

bluestevie

fantastic comeback by us when all looked lost. still find it astonishing that we played two midfielders up front when we had two perfectly good forwards on the bench.

the subs were baffling though, should have been osman and distin off with heitinga pushed to centre back and coleman right wing. that has to be the way forward against the toon next week
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

September 11, 2010, 09:55:52 PM
Reply #251

Dean0

fucking got off after 90 minutes. got half way down gwladys street road end, herd a roar n was liek shite!!!!
got to the betting shop at the end and a bag of chips went up in the air!!
Match of the day for me ! haha
Seriously shite performance though. Static midfield-attack. Peanuts was the only one trying.
hibbert had a good game. dunno why people are slating him!! shudda took ossie off for coleman instead.
good result against the black n whites nxt week and we'll be back on track .

September 11, 2010, 10:01:40 PM
Reply #252

5yeararteta

just read all your views on the game, and if we can see how bad osman and hibbert are why doesnt moyes?????why be loyal to 2 players who are awful.  even cahill, what he did was great in the last 2mins, however i no its not his normal position but he has been shocking for the rest of the game and the games i have seen so far he has been just as bad. Agree its time to have heitinga go centre back also,distin worries me the way yobo use to. both good centre backs but dont feel safe with them at all.

September 11, 2010, 10:03:21 PM
Reply #253

cantoffee

just read all your views on the game, and if we can see how bad osman and hibbert are why doesnt moyes?????why be loyal to 2 players who are awful.  even cahill, what he did was great in the last 2mins, however i no its not his normal position but he has been shocking for the rest of the game and the games i have seen so far he has been just as bad. Agree its time to have heitinga go centre back also,distin worries me the way yobo use to. both good centre backs but dont feel safe with them at all.

Can you really knock Cahill? Even if he was "shocking" for the rest of the game (he wasn't btw), he had a hand in all three goals, no matter how poorly someone plays that is still a massive contribution to the team.

September 11, 2010, 10:05:24 PM
Reply #254

dekko

fantastic comeback by us when all looked lost. still find it astonishing that we played two midfielders up front when we had two perfectly good forwards on the bench.

the subs were baffling though, should have been osman and distin off with heitinga pushed to centre back and coleman right wing. that has to be the way forward against the toon next week

I completely agree, Distin fukd up on Berbas goal, Moyes shouldve used the opportunity to send the players a message to gethim sub, if u fuk up, u're out. Heitinga is a much better player than Distin; Distin is ok, don't get me wrong, but he's old and slow, and that will costs goals, cause any quick forward will beat him.
As for Osman, cmon Moyes!! How many more games will he start and do nothing? And the goal he missed!!!
Moyes should ve taken him off and play Seamus on the wing, Hibbo plays ok defensively so would be a good cover for him.
And the Yak, should be starting every game from now on, he was hungry and needs games to get back to his best.