September 17, 2019, 07:54:49 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Manchester United  (Read 43288 times)

September 11, 2010, 10:11:02 PM
Reply #255

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
United ere dangerous with the ball but the number of chances we squandered today was unreal. I thought Cahill was very good, held up the ball and brought Pienaar into it who was MOM. Hibbert was good again, Osman, as good as he gets sadly on the right.
Fellaini bossed midfield once played there. Howard superb but again, just 2 points thrown away I reckon
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 11, 2010, 10:11:27 PM
Reply #256

Ridge

When Hibbert, Osman, Neville, Distin  and now Cahill have good games, everyone doesn't say a thing about them. Other than a couple of people still criticising like they noticed one mistake which was good enough to blind them to the rest of their contributions.

But Moyes has his favourites like some sort of blind idiot.

Aslo teh spellnig on thsi stie is afwlu.

September 11, 2010, 10:15:45 PM
Reply #257

5yeararteta

Can you really knock Cahill? Even if he was "shocking" for the rest of the game (he wasn't btw), he had a hand in all three goals, no matter how poorly someone plays that is still a massive contribution to the team.

the first goal to be honest i didnt see that cahill was involved so was wrong if he did well in that attack.. however what else did he do???i no is hard to knock somone who set up the 2 goals i see, however i think the header he scored any player should score that wasnt a difficult one. and with regards to other games i have seen he hasnt done anything. think if you had 2 up front or a different attack midfielder - hence why i think everyone was saying about rodwell taking his place.

September 11, 2010, 10:22:15 PM
Reply #258

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck me we just came back from 3-1 down against Man United and people are still avin a go at Moyes for his subs.For me Yakubu changed the game when he came on as did Coleman, and I believe us coming back from 3-1 down was down to Moyes.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 11, 2010, 10:25:36 PM
Reply #259

charlatan

Fuck me we just came back from 3-1 down against Man United and people are still avin a go at Moyes for his subs.For me Yakubu changed the game when he came on as did Coleman, and I believe us coming back from 3-1 down was down to Moyes.

I think u'll find they were more upset that the substitutions took as long as they did, than who was subbed.  Being 3-1 down to Man U was also down to Moyes.  Granted, Distin was awful, but so was the side he picked in the first place.

September 11, 2010, 10:38:11 PM
Reply #260

Rhys

people are having a go at his first team selection from what I can see, not his subs, and given that his starting 11 were 3-1 down before his subs, then he has to take some responsibility for that

But that was the best team to play. We were more than in the game but for defensive errors. Heitinga letting fletcher go, Baines not closing down either cross and Distin losing Vidic then Distin completely losing the plot.

Yak wasnt fit and you cant have that for 90minutes against United. We needed someone up front who would battle, hold the ball up and give them a tough ride. Cahill did that. Next week, Yak in 100% and play him until he is fit because he is easily our best forward.

What did Hibbert do wrong today? He had a good game, just as he has done every game this season. Osman did ok, not great and should have scored but he isnt a winger but you know what you will get from him whereas Coleman and Bily you dont, which is why he played.

September 11, 2010, 10:38:54 PM
Reply #261

5yeararteta

can you imagine the delight when you look at a team sheet - u see the opposition best defensive mid is playing attacking midfied - you only have to worry about the left side of a pitch because the right consist of hibbert and osman and you havent got an actual forward to worry about so runs behind the defenders are non exsistant.

September 11, 2010, 10:41:24 PM
Reply #262

Rhys

can you imagine the delight when you look at a team sheet - u see the opposition best defensive mid is playing attacking midfied - you only have to worry about the left side of a pitch because the right consist of hibbert and osman and you havent got an actual forward to worry about so runs behind the defenders are non exsistant.

And yet we managed more shots, corners and possession than one of the best teams in the world. Just shows you football isnt played on paper.

September 11, 2010, 10:46:37 PM
Reply #263

5yeararteta

And yet we managed more shots, corners and possession than one of the best teams in the world. Just shows you football isnt played on paper.

we had more possession against all team we played this year, def more corners and more shots i would guess - just shows how misleading stats can be. can have all possession in the world but if you dont create goal scoring chances means nothing.

September 11, 2010, 10:47:36 PM
Reply #264

cantoffee

the first goal to be honest i didnt see that cahill was involved so was wrong if he did well in that attack.. however what else did he do???i no is hard to knock somone who set up the 2 goals i see, however i think the header he scored any player should score that wasnt a difficult one. and with regards to other games i have seen he hasnt done anything. think if you had 2 up front or a different attack midfielder - hence why i think everyone was saying about rodwell taking his place.

I really don't know what you expect him to do when he hassles Vidic and Evans all day and wins balls on his own. His hold up play was pretty good, and we put in very few (if any) good crosses before his goal, which not every player would have scored by the way, he out jumped two men and was pushed from behind and still steered and unstoppable header into the net. Then he was able to head back to Arteta after the cross had taken a deflection of Fellaini. If a player plays poorly all game (which he didn't) and scores a goal, sets up another, and plays a big role in another (he's the one who sent Arteta away on the break btw) is that really a poor game? There is no way I can say that Rodwell would not have contributed as much as Cahill did today, but it's highly unlikely.

September 11, 2010, 10:47:37 PM
Reply #265

chang

Did any of their 3 goals down the Hibbert / Osman side?

Nope, all from the other side....

September 11, 2010, 10:51:20 PM
Reply #266

5yeararteta

Did any of their 3 goals down the Hibbert / Osman side?

Nope, all from the other side....
was osmans crossing good no. was osmans passing good no(bar the goal wat wasnt a hard pass) was hibberts crossing good no. did any of the goals come from there side no.

September 11, 2010, 10:58:14 PM
Reply #267

cantoffee

was osmans crossing good no. was osmans passing good no(bar the goal wat wasnt a hard pass) was hibberts crossing good no. did any of the goals come from there side no.

That pass to Pienaar was not as simple as it seemed, a bouncing ball, first time, under pressure. He had a poor game, but there's no need to take away one of his few good moments.

September 11, 2010, 10:59:33 PM
Reply #268

5yeararteta

I really don't know what you expect him to do when he hassles Vidic and Evans all day and wins balls on his own. His hold up play was pretty good, and we put in very few (if any) good crosses before his goal, which not every player would have scored by the way, he out jumped two men and was pushed from behind and still steered and unstoppable header into the net. Then he was able to head back to Arteta after the cross had taken a deflection of Fellaini. If a player plays poorly all game (which he didn't) and scores a goal, sets up another, and plays a big role in another (he's the one who sent Arteta away on the break btw) is that really a poor game? There is no way I can say that Rodwell would not have contributed as much as Cahill did today, but it's highly unlikely.

his hold up play wasnt great at all- he fell over so many time trying to win fouls. ( i no some was fouls) i didnt  think he won  the header he was in between 2 defenders and was a great cross went over the first man. from wat i see if i was wrong then i apologise.a forward like beck or yak or saha should finish this i believe. guess i will see on match of the day. and like i said does sound silly a man settin up 1 goal and scoring saying his not good enough however this does incude the other games his plays so far that i am complaining about.

September 11, 2010, 11:01:29 PM
Reply #269

5yeararteta

That pass to Pienaar was not as simple as it seemed, a bouncing ball, first time, under pressure. He had a poor game, but there's no need to take away one of his few good moments.

lol i have to mate - if my mate didnt complete that pass on a sunday league game i would go mad.