October 14, 2019, 11:25:50 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Manchester United  (Read 44085 times)

September 10, 2010, 12:00:34 AM
Read 44085 times

Ridge

3-1

Cahill 2
Fellaini
Giggs

September 11, 2010, 08:44:50 PM
Reply #1

Ridge

That was slightly exciting, that ref blowing then was highly dubious.

September 11, 2010, 08:47:36 PM
Reply #2

Ridge

did anyone else bolt their load when arteta equalised?
I clapped my hands so hard, think I might have sprained my favourite hand.

September 11, 2010, 08:51:08 PM
Reply #3

Ridge

are the referees supposed to blow for full time when a team is attacking?
Especially when you have two goals to add time for, totalling maybe 40 seconds. Jags didn't put it in the net, but the whistle might have put him off, very dubious.

September 11, 2010, 09:16:29 PM
Reply #4

Ridge

Anyone going to credit Cahill for getting us back into the game or helping set up the winner. Or playing the ball for Arteta, in Pienaar's goal.

September 11, 2010, 09:21:47 PM
Reply #5

Ridge

But he's just not good enough for us anymore Ridge!
Good point, it was all Coleman's introduction that did it.

September 11, 2010, 09:42:03 PM
Reply #6

Ridge

Im interested to see the match ratings, Pienaar probably MOTM, although you could easily make a case for Cahill who had a hand in all three goals and lead the line admirably.
GOod call but i cant look beyond Howard who was just excellent today and kept us in it.
Howard was superb, but I don't like giving the keeper the MOM when its not one sided. Couple of sensational saves, but I think it has to go to Coleman for his initiative and general greatness beyond any of the goalscorers or players involved in the goals.

We had more shots on target, off target, corners and possession, only stat they had more was fouls, thats a vastly different collection of stats to United games from a few years back.

September 11, 2010, 10:11:27 PM
Reply #7

Ridge

When Hibbert, Osman, Neville, Distin  and now Cahill have good games, everyone doesn't say a thing about them. Other than a couple of people still criticising like they noticed one mistake which was good enough to blind them to the rest of their contributions.

But Moyes has his favourites like some sort of blind idiot.

Aslo teh spellnig on thsi stie is afwlu.

September 11, 2010, 11:18:05 PM
Reply #8

Ridge

his hold up play wasnt great at all- he fell over so many time trying to win fouls. ( i no some was fouls) i didnt  think he won  the header he was in between 2 defenders and was a great cross went over the first man. from wat i see if i was wrong then i apologise.a forward like beck or yak or saha should finish this i believe. guess i will see on match of the day. and like i said does sound silly a man settin up 1 goal and scoring saying his not good enough however this does incude the other games his plays so far that i am complaining about.
You can credit for Baines cross, but not Cahill's header?

Yak turned and put a cross similar to Nani's cross, but there wasn't a Feltcher to put it in.

I can imagine you thinking of Rooney's goals last year, that your mate in sunday league could have finished 90% of. There tends to be more than a final touch that makes a goal, great players make things look easy.

September 11, 2010, 11:26:10 PM
Reply #9

Ridge

no im saying he did well to finish it but many players would have not missed that header .and osmans pass was easy
Not many players would have got to the ball, let alone finish it.

Osman's pass wasn't that difficult, but he was there and passed it to a excellent position, also plenty of players would have taken the shot themselves.

September 11, 2010, 11:42:13 PM
Reply #10

Ridge

why wouldnt they have got to the ball?he was were all forwards should be. not hard to header a ball from were he was. and it was an easy pass.what was hard he had enought time and player was in front of him. lucky he didnt shot if his last shot was to go by.
To be honest we should have just scored more goals if its that simple. Be where the ball is going to be played, kick the ball where keeper can't reach.

Also Tim Howard should never conceed a goal, as he should be in the way of the ball, just like all good goalkeepers.

I just realised I should have picked the winning lottery numbers rather than the losing numbers I keep picking.

September 11, 2010, 11:43:49 PM
Reply #11

Ridge

This thread is hilarious.

Full of mini managers with all the answers.

Can I come and watch your teams play next weekend?
I was hoping for a multi coloured response from yourself.

You can come and watch my team next week, not sure which team it will be, dependant on how many people also pick the winning numbers.

September 11, 2010, 11:57:09 PM
Reply #12

Ridge

Touchline ban for me next week, strangled the referee's assistant last game.
My new team could use someone like you, can you move and header like any good forward?