September 19, 2019, 05:59:25 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Manchester United  (Read 43420 times)

September 11, 2010, 09:22:47 PM
Reply #15

cantoffee

Good point, it was all Coleman's introduction that did it.

Him and Fernandes.

September 11, 2010, 09:31:29 PM
Reply #16

cantoffee

Im interested to see the match ratings, Pienaar probably MOTM, although you could easily make a case for Cahill who had a hand in all three goals and lead the line admirably.

September 11, 2010, 09:36:53 PM
Reply #17

cantoffee

GOod call but i cant look beyond Howard who was just excellent today and kept us in it.

Good point, save of the year on that Scholes shot!

September 11, 2010, 09:38:53 PM
Reply #18

cantoffee

Reading red cafe got this gem off of there about the last goal

"Arteta could of done a war dance around the ball before anyone would have got near him."

September 11, 2010, 10:03:21 PM
Reply #19

cantoffee

just read all your views on the game, and if we can see how bad osman and hibbert are why doesnt moyes?????why be loyal to 2 players who are awful.  even cahill, what he did was great in the last 2mins, however i no its not his normal position but he has been shocking for the rest of the game and the games i have seen so far he has been just as bad. Agree its time to have heitinga go centre back also,distin worries me the way yobo use to. both good centre backs but dont feel safe with them at all.

Can you really knock Cahill? Even if he was "shocking" for the rest of the game (he wasn't btw), he had a hand in all three goals, no matter how poorly someone plays that is still a massive contribution to the team.

September 11, 2010, 10:47:36 PM
Reply #20

cantoffee

the first goal to be honest i didnt see that cahill was involved so was wrong if he did well in that attack.. however what else did he do???i no is hard to knock somone who set up the 2 goals i see, however i think the header he scored any player should score that wasnt a difficult one. and with regards to other games i have seen he hasnt done anything. think if you had 2 up front or a different attack midfielder - hence why i think everyone was saying about rodwell taking his place.

I really don't know what you expect him to do when he hassles Vidic and Evans all day and wins balls on his own. His hold up play was pretty good, and we put in very few (if any) good crosses before his goal, which not every player would have scored by the way, he out jumped two men and was pushed from behind and still steered and unstoppable header into the net. Then he was able to head back to Arteta after the cross had taken a deflection of Fellaini. If a player plays poorly all game (which he didn't) and scores a goal, sets up another, and plays a big role in another (he's the one who sent Arteta away on the break btw) is that really a poor game? There is no way I can say that Rodwell would not have contributed as much as Cahill did today, but it's highly unlikely.

September 11, 2010, 10:58:14 PM
Reply #21

cantoffee

was osmans crossing good no. was osmans passing good no(bar the goal wat wasnt a hard pass) was hibberts crossing good no. did any of the goals come from there side no.

That pass to Pienaar was not as simple as it seemed, a bouncing ball, first time, under pressure. He had a poor game, but there's no need to take away one of his few good moments.

September 11, 2010, 11:12:16 PM
Reply #22

cantoffee

his hold up play wasnt great at all- he fell over so many time trying to win fouls. ( i no some was fouls) i didnt  think he won  the header he was in between 2 defenders and was a great cross went over the first man. from wat i see if i was wrong then i apologise.a forward like beck or yak or saha should finish this i believe. guess i will see on match of the day. and like i said does sound silly a man settin up 1 goal and scoring saying his not good enough however this does incude the other games his plays so far that i am complaining about.

He hasn't played that poorly this year though, we haven't created the chances for him to score, and he has scored before today. If anything Arteta has contributed less, but I don't see the criticism being directed at him.

Cahill is more technically proficient than people think, but he also knows his limits and tends to play within them, he doesn't dwell on the ball and makes short, quick, and generally simple passes. We look for our creativity to come from Arteta and our left wing, and we look for our goals to come from our striker and Cahill. He contributes to the play by keeping the ball moving and getting the creative players involved, while also getting on the end of crosses.

His hold up play was fine, I really don't know what you expect from a player of his size, the only person on our squad more capable of holding up the ball and linking with the midfield is Yakubu, which is why we play our best football with both of them up top.

September 11, 2010, 11:46:53 PM
Reply #23

cantoffee

if he is more technically proficient then why doest he use it.he makes short passe thats it, never a killer ball never socres from outside the box. . and cahill plays simple fottball i understand that but what good is it an attack midfileder is someone who can open up a defense at least be a bit creative. and his hold up play was poor there are players lot smaller than him that would have one better than him.(however do belive the he was fouled a few times)

What smaller player would have held the ball up better than him? Fucking hell that's daft. He doesn't play deep enough to deliver a killer ball, that's not his job, he tends to get on the end of a through ball and one touch to someone else or finish the play.

We shouldn't need more creative players on the field than Arteta, Pienaar, and arguably Baines. We could maybe use a creative player on the right side, and some more power (a combination of Coleman and Anichebe, although that may be dubious defensively), but through the middle and up top we don't need another terribly creative player.

September 11, 2010, 11:54:22 PM
Reply #24

cantoffee

This thread is hilarious.

Full of mini managers with all the answers.

Can I come and watch your teams play next weekend?

Touchline ban for me next week, strangled the referee's assistant last game.

September 12, 2010, 12:06:00 AM
Reply #25

cantoffee

My new team could use someone like you, can you move and header like any good forward?

Only on occasion, particularly in derby matches, I do like to punch people in their faces though.