November 25, 2017, 02:51:18 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle Match Thread  (Read 32941 times)

September 13, 2010, 06:59:00 PM
Reply #30

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I expect Osman and Distin to start too, the above is my preferred line up.  This we need Distin against Carroll thing is crap.  Fellaini can cover him for set pieces more than adequately and Heitinga and Jags positioning is good enough to cut out anything else.

September 13, 2010, 07:09:57 PM
Reply #31

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty much all this :)

I wonder if we'll ever see Anichebe RW with Coleman RB...I'm guessing not.

And speaking of Anichebe weren't they meant to have started contract negotiations a while back, are we going to end up losing our first choice LW and potentially our first choice RW for the nothing at the end of the season? Yikes.

I think the problem for a Victor/Seamus right wing is that Victor basically plays as a wing forward, in that we like him to stay up front-ish as he's not too inclined to track all the way back.

If Victor's left up front and Seamus has bombed past him there's going to be a large gap in behind.

September 13, 2010, 07:17:17 PM
Reply #32

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I expect Osman and Distin to start too, the above is my preferred line up.  This we need Distin against Carroll thing is crap.  Fellaini can cover him for set pieces more than adequately and Heitinga and Jags positioning is good enough to cut out anything else.

I wouldn't play him either as I don't think he (Distin) is strong in the air anyway.

September 13, 2010, 07:26:19 PM
Reply #33

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think the problem for a Victor/Seamus right wing is that Victor basically plays as a wing forward, in that we like him to stay up front-ish as he's not too inclined to track all the way back.

If Victor's left up front and Seamus has bombed past him there's going to be a large gap in behind.

Oh yeah, I doubt it'd work too and it'd probably just mean Coleman wouldn't risk going forward too much and so you'd lose the benefit to having him on the pitch over Hibbert.

It'll be interesting to see if Anichebe can really make RW his position this season, clearly the way Moyes is talking he'll be dropped in there as soon as possible but I think he still has a few things to prove in that position.

Also this is an open question but I was just wondering what is the longest run of back to back games Anichebe has played for us too? Anyone know? Or care to guesstimate?

September 13, 2010, 07:31:36 PM
Reply #34

evertonjoe

I'd love to see Anichebe on the right wing but I get the feeling he'll be out for quite a while yet.

R.A.P Music

September 13, 2010, 07:32:03 PM
Reply #35

Sprooly

--------------------------------------------Howard-------------------------------------------
Coleman---------------Heitinga--------------------Jagielka---------------Baines
-----------------------------Felliani--------------------------------------------------------
Anchiebe/Billy----------------------------------------Arteta-----------------Pienaar
--------------------------------------------------Cahill--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------Yakubu--------------------------------

thats what id go with (if anchiebe is fit) just hope to got that osman doesnt play on the RW fuck his shite there

really hoping we win i think we could smack them 4 or 5 nil but ill keep a lid on it and say 2-1

September 13, 2010, 07:33:43 PM
Reply #36

Connavar

I agree with everything GLewis says apart from Anichebe starting. :)

September 13, 2010, 07:39:18 PM
Reply #37

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
A clean sheet would be nice.

September 13, 2010, 07:47:39 PM
Reply #38

evertonjoe

A clean sheet would be nice.

Remember when we used to be known for having a good defence?

I reckon it'll be 2-1. With a Yak double!

R.A.P Music

September 14, 2010, 02:28:03 AM
Reply #39

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

How can Moyes drop Hibbert for having a good game?
That isn't fair even if everyone does want to see Coleman playing more, what a daft statement!
Distin should be dropped though!
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

September 14, 2010, 02:38:39 AM
Reply #40

Ridge

I fancy us to give Newcastle a bit of a thumping. I'll be putting a few squid on 5-1, probably with Pienaar starting the rout.

September 14, 2010, 03:17:37 AM
Reply #41

taffytoffee

How can Moyes drop Hibbert for having a good game?
That isn't fair even if everyone does want to see Coleman playing more, what a daft statement!
Distin should be dropped though!

We' ve got a big enough squad to rotate players now especially at right back so why not give coleman a start because we are gonna get a load of chances against the toon and not a lot of defending to do so i'd rather see coleman crossing the ball in than hibbert. Newcastle are probably gonna come and park the bus in front of goal like most shit teams do at goodison so we need to ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

September 14, 2010, 03:37:01 AM
Reply #42

true1891blue

would love that team

howard

Coleman Jagielka jonny Baines

Arteta Fellaini

Bilyaletdinov      Cahill      Pienaar

Yakubu

September 14, 2010, 04:01:47 AM
Reply #43

taffytoffee

Agree, everybody is making out carroll is some world class striker, the mojority of teams in the league have strikers that are big and good in the air, does this mean we have to play distin in most of the games?

September 14, 2010, 04:30:32 AM
Reply #44

johnj

Spot on Silas!

Fed up waiting for Bily to break into a sweat so think we should ship him out in January and get Landon in.