November 22, 2017, 09:04:11 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle Match Thread  (Read 32879 times)

September 19, 2010, 05:32:02 AM
Reply #345

Bluenosebolt

I have four kids, My eldest was a manure fan (till I took him to watch us and Fulham) he has since converted, His girlfriend has since become a Blue too, My youngest Lad has his bedroom painted in last years away colours and has Saha and Artetas shirts emblazoned all over it. My daughter HATES all football ( she will come round) but my wife, my dad, mum and fukkin dog are very much Blue through and through. My middle son supports spurs and it's the bane of my life...but.......I fookin wish I did at times today instead, warra waste of a Saturday  :headbang:
Small mercies though, the only Toon fan I know lives way away and is too daft to know how to text :)
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly

September 19, 2010, 06:14:44 AM
Reply #346

Fern

Good point about Spurs. They brought on Hutton, Pav and Lennon who apparently turned the game on it's head. Hutton was apparently outstanding, scored and won a penalty, Pav scored as well. If only we had the players to make that difference.

Spurs have the resources and imo they're established top 4. They also have this Sandro guy who is a very good player. They don't even play the likes of Bentley or Krancar - they have a very good squad - they need a top class striker and they could challenge for most honours.  We do lack ambition hence lack of resources, and have to gamble with the likes of Beckford is unthinkable considering our recent success (apart from last season). And let's be honest, our "chairman" is too stubborn to really sell the club. He seems content with survival as long as his reign is intact. You're all slating Moyes but you may rue the day he leaves trust me, you'll know what you're missing when he goes. Then an influx of our players will and we wont replace them. This could be a downward spiral if Moyes leaves. Be careful what you wish for.

September 19, 2010, 06:21:42 AM
Reply #347

Gash

Global Moderator
Spurs have the resources and imo they're established top 4. They also have this Sandro guy who is a very good player. They don't even play the likes of Bentley or Krancar - they have a very good squad - they need a top class striker and they could challenge for most honours.  We do lack ambition hence lack of resources, and have to gamble with the likes of Beckford is unthinkable considering our recent success (apart from last season). And let's be honest, our "chairman" is too stubborn to really sell the club. He seems content with survival as long as his reign is intact. You're all slating Moyes but you may rue the day he leaves trust me, you'll know what you're missing when he goes. Then an influx of our players will and we wont replace them. This could be a downward spiral if Moyes leaves. Be careful what you wish for.

Good job I never said I wanted Moyes to leave then. I was just pointing out that Spurs have strength and depth in their squad and how nice it would be to have 3 subs that could change a game. I don't think they do need a top class striker, if we had Pav, Defoe, Crouch and Keane here I'd be over the moon.

September 19, 2010, 07:02:28 AM
Reply #348

johnj

It's taken me hours to calm down and I still can't think straight. Sorry, haven't even read the other posts.  Absoloutely Gutted..... the same feeling as when I got complacent and expected us to beat the shite at Goodison last year.  Have not slagged off Moyes before, but that was the worst example of crap team selection and tactics in my lifetime and I've been supporting the blues for several decades. Fellaini doing pirouettes on the right wing at one stage, I almost laughed. Almost!

September 19, 2010, 10:57:44 AM
Reply #349

Robioto

What the fuck it wrong with these Moyes out claims, you fickle bunch. Seriously, imagine if we sacked him now? Clueless...

September 19, 2010, 03:45:06 PM
Reply #350

Bluenosebolt

Did anyone actually say they want Moyes out ??? Crazy talk, I love the man, He has delivered us a top 4 spot and gave us Euro competition too, I'm not so sure it will continue though, It seems to me that even Friggin Stoke are now seemingly able to splash the cash and Toon getting Ben Arfa..It could be the slippery slope to oblivion as we now seem unable to ever improve our squad and Our players must now know this by now, How long before we get walk outs for pastures greener ? We desperatly need a strong season, I just cant imagine it's going to end that way...far too many teams have strength in depth now :(
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly

September 19, 2010, 04:31:10 PM
Reply #351

DannyR

Its not moyes, its kenwright..
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

September 19, 2010, 07:25:08 PM
Reply #352

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
i agree. What was kenwright doing playing such terrible tactics?!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 19, 2010, 09:13:59 PM
Reply #353

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yep, it's not Moyes failing to get anything out of the best squad we've had in 25 years...
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 19, 2010, 09:16:18 PM
Reply #354

evertonjoe

What the fuck it wrong with these Moyes out claims, you fickle bunch. Seriously, imagine if we sacked him now? Clueless...

I agree we evidently should have sacked him earlier giving the new manager the pre season to get the squad fit and firing.

R.A.P Music

September 19, 2010, 10:52:46 PM
Reply #355

kunal32

No one person is bigger than Everton Football Club and whether you get paid £65 a week or if your getting £65,000 a week if you cannot do your job properly you should not be in that job.

September 20, 2010, 12:02:19 AM
Reply #356

fortune9

i have been saying Moyes out ill admit it but i have said it since last year! i wouldnt do it during the season. BUT if we finish lower than 8th with no cup success i think in the summer we thank him for his services and move on.
Those that dont know do not matter!