November 19, 2017, 08:15:14 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle Match Thread  (Read 32814 times)

September 16, 2010, 10:50:48 PM
Reply #60

evertonjoe

Last home game i'll be able to go to for a few months so hopefully we'll finally produce a winning performance. I'd really love to see the Yak start and see Fellaini employed in his actual position as our performance improved greatly after that happened on Saturday.

R.A.P Music

September 17, 2010, 03:58:57 PM
Reply #61

wigster

any ideas what he is going do up top tomorrow? is he going stick with cahill and felliani or bring back Beckford? id drop distin and get hetinga to play with jags, this allows fellani and arteta to sit in there with cahill supporting beckford....
tony scores we riot

September 17, 2010, 04:22:19 PM
Reply #62

montanatoffeefan

One of the more unpredictable team selections in awhile. I'm not even going to hazard a guess.
Everton forever.

September 17, 2010, 04:30:01 PM
Reply #63

wigster

newcastle are fairly strong in the middle of the park so be a battle there i reckon...i reckon carroll will be isolated on his own uo front as well you know...
tony scores we riot

September 17, 2010, 04:46:33 PM
Reply #64

di_guyo

hoping yak gets a go, as well as coleman. i'd like to see distin dropped as well....i think all 3 are unlikely though
Everton & Atleti

September 17, 2010, 05:15:23 PM
Reply #65

Derek

Really, really want to give these a hiding.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

September 17, 2010, 05:25:52 PM
Reply #66

Alex

I'd like to see the yak start, but he wont last the whole match, so Beckford and his pace coming on after we've run the defence ragged for an hour.

Think we'll do a 4-5-1, Billy in a CAM role (if Cahill is actually injured), just behind the Yak. Heitinga and Jags as CBs. Coleman could play, but in my opinion, it means Osman will play to give him the defensive support. The one thing I'd hate to see is both Hibbert and Osman start on the right.

September 17, 2010, 05:28:30 PM
Reply #67

Derek

I'd like to see Heitinga in central defence with Jags too, I think Distin should be dropped after last week.

If Cahill is genuinely injured then I'd like to see Bily on too and The Yak up front to start with Beckford as his replacement.

Agree with Alex insomuch as I'd hate to see Osman and Hibbert over on than right side. It's been patently obvious that doesn't work for years now.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

September 17, 2010, 05:29:48 PM
Reply #68

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If Cahill is out, I would like to see us go with:

Howard

Hibbert Heitinga Jags Baines

Coleman Arteta Fellaini Pienaar

Bily

Yak

I expect

Howard

Hibbert Jags Distin Baines

Osman Arteta Heitinga Pienaar

Fellaini

Beckford / Yak
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 17, 2010, 05:36:58 PM
Reply #69

Connavar

For me, i'd like to see this team start: Howard, Hibbert, Jags, Heitinga, Baines, Coleman, Felli, Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Yakubu - Sure, Yak can't last the full 90, but give his confidence a bit of a boost by starting him. As Arteta said, early goals would be sweet. If we can get 60mins tops of him with a good performance then i'll be happy.

September 17, 2010, 05:56:11 PM
Reply #70

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If Cahill is out, I would like to see us go with:

Howard

Hibbert Heitinga Jags Baines

Coleman Arteta Fellaini Pienaar

Bily

Yak

I expect

Howard

Hibbert Jags Distin Baines

Osman Arteta Heitinga Pienaar

Fellaini

Beckford / Yak

I actually think you're top one's not far off.

I'd expect Distin to still be there and Ossie to be in the middle with Arteta and Fellaini. I'd like Coleman out on the right, but Bily would be fine as well.

September 17, 2010, 10:35:55 PM
Reply #71

cantoffee

I actually think Coleman will start tomorrow, whether that's at RB or RM who knows but I think Moyes will let him run free because we're at home against a fairly weak side.

September 18, 2010, 05:44:36 PM
Reply #72

montanatoffeefan

Only a few names ae guaranteed to be in the starting XI.
Howard, Arteta, Jags, Baines, Pienaar and...the rest of the spots seem up for grabs. Will be interesting to see who Moyes puts out there...or so we can hope.
Everton forever.

September 18, 2010, 08:11:12 PM
Reply #73

jongre123

:badum:

Newcastle: Harper, Coloccini, Perch, Williamson, Enrique, Barton, Nolan, Tiote, Routledge, Ben Arfa, Carroll

Everton: Howard,Hibbert, Baines, Distin Jagielka, Arteta, Pienaar, Osman, Heitinga, Fellaini, Beckford.
Everton subs: Mucha, Neville, Bilyaletdinov, Coleman, Gueye, Yakubu, Barkley

September 18, 2010, 08:23:47 PM
Reply #74

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I was right. We will struggle now.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney