September 21, 2019, 06:16:08 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Brentford  (Read 61112 times)

September 22, 2010, 02:42:28 AM
Reply #105

Outworlder47

what position is felli playing? please don't tell me hes playing off the striker again

Then I won't tell you anything. He's not been playing too well.

September 22, 2010, 02:44:14 AM
Reply #106

Gary Iceman

footballers make mistakes ffs.and speakin of billy you could also say that without billys pass to coleman we wouldnt have scored.
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

September 22, 2010, 02:45:59 AM
Reply #107

Alwaysblue

totally agree, Billy hasn't played to bad to be fair.  But I think if we go out, Moyes should go out too
Could be worse, you could support the shite

September 22, 2010, 02:47:21 AM
Reply #108

Outworlder47

Ideas for subs at this point:
Get Silva or Beckford on up front, push Fellaini back, and bring off Osman, who has been okay but nothing special.
Later, give Barkley his first appearance, and give Fellaini a rest.
For #3, who knows... Maybe the other striker for Yakubu, if he's tiring.

September 22, 2010, 02:47:56 AM
Reply #109

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
That'd be a pretty ridiculous reason to end his tenure.

September 22, 2010, 02:48:52 AM
Reply #110

Rhys

Seem to be doing that a lot lately don't we?  Usually one of his untouchables like Distin or Osman that do it too.

We are giving balls away in bad positions because the team is setup wrong.

Who said that attack was the best form of defence?

Get Beckford on up front with Yak and go for it for once FFS

Honestly, what is the obsession with 4-4-2?

It is a dead formation, hardly anyone plays it because to be a top team playing 4-4-2 you need 2 centre midfielders that are quick, physical and have bags of energy. Hardly any centre midfielders can dominate a game playing in 4-4-2 these days, you look at Fabregas and he has to play in 4-5-1 to be as effective as he can be.

Why do you think United play 4-5-1 in Europe and against top teams? Chelsea dont play 4-4-2, Arsenal don't. Real Madrid dont, Barca dont. Ac Milan dont, Inter didnt last year. Bayern Munich dont. Brazil dont. Spain dont. I could go on. Nobody good plays 4-4-2 anymore regularly, United play it more than most but even Ferguson knows 4-5-1 is better in a lot of situations. 4-5-1 allows you defend more solidly and get plenty of men forward, more men than when playing 4-4-2 because you can afford to let 1 midfielder sit and have 4 midfielders supporting the attacker. And when you lose the ball it is far easier to get into shape more quickly.

And specifically for us our players suit 4-5-1. Cahill simply isn't effective in 4-4-2, in 4-5-1 he is as good as any attacking midfielder at getting goals. Arteta doesn't have the pace to run the show in 4-4-2. Fellaini maybe able to play it in time because of the power and energy he has but even now 4-5-1 allows him to control the game from deep and let Arteta dictate the ball. Pienaar gets up and down, give him a midfielder less to cover and his lack of would be more apparant.

The formation isn't the problem, we just arent playing well. It has proven to be the best thing for us for a number of years and will prove so this year. We need to find the right balance and get some form, Victor back and on the right, with Yak fully fit and on form. All of a sudden with everyone in a position they should be that formation will see us at the right end of the table, just like the last 4 years it has.

September 22, 2010, 02:50:13 AM
Reply #111

taffytoffee

whats the betting moyes takes yak off and replaces him with beckford to keep the 4-5-1 formation

September 22, 2010, 02:50:23 AM
Reply #112

Alwaysblue

not really its not just based on this match, its based on all season so far

September 22, 2010, 02:50:24 AM
Reply #113

Azz

Then I won't tell you anything. He's not been playing too well.

Seriously?  He's playing in an attacking midfield role again?!

September 22, 2010, 02:51:06 AM
Reply #114

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
tell you the truth if we do go out tonight moyes should get the door

ok
Simply simply lovely

September 22, 2010, 02:51:43 AM
Reply #115

Outworlder47

Seriously?  He's playing in an attacking midfield role again?!

He's in the Cahill position.

September 22, 2010, 02:53:35 AM
Reply #116

Alwaysblue

we are going to so lose

September 22, 2010, 02:55:29 AM
Reply #117

taffytoffee

September 22, 2010, 02:55:42 AM
Reply #118

Alwaysblue