October 22, 2019, 12:41:57 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Brentford  (Read 62110 times)

September 22, 2010, 03:53:28 AM
Reply #15

Rhys

Frankly I wouldn't have been too confident in a Yak penalty at the moment.

That said looking around the park there aren't too many options.

Baines, Arteta and Beckford are all excellent penalty takers. Then Neville and Jags both scored in the semi.

September 22, 2010, 03:56:52 AM
Reply #16

Rhys

Who are the penalty takers right now? Beckford, Arteta, Pienaar, Bilyaletdinov, and Osman? Maybe Fellaini?
(Forgive me, as this is my first season following Everton--or any football at all, really. I'm not aware of who have taken the penalties before this season, outside of the Beckford penalty against Huddersfield.)

Arteta
Baines
Beckford
Neville
Jagielka

That is my guess. Osman has taken penalties before but not since he missed one for us in a shoot out away at Boro quite a few years ago.

September 22, 2010, 04:00:30 AM
Reply #17

Rhys

Moyes =  :titanic:

Like he was going into 2004/5? Half way through 2005/6, early part of 07/08, xmas time of 08/09 and half way through 09/10? We have consistently had bad periods but he always manages to find a winning formula. Every bad spell and people turn on him.

September 22, 2010, 04:06:45 AM
Reply #18

Rhys

You can always count on Rhys to talk sense.

I'm losing the will to if im honest mate! He wont be going anywhere, he will turn things round and we will be ok then most people will be praising him to hilt for doing a great job with a zero budget and return to thinking he is one of the best managers in the league, like 90% of people outside Everton think he is. You ask anyone outside of our fan base if he deserves stick and they would think you are crazy for suggesting it. If we dont back him we dont deserve him is the way I see it.

September 22, 2010, 04:13:21 AM
Reply #19

Rhys

So hows Mucha at saving penalties?

Well he saved one in the game!