September 19, 2019, 05:04:29 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Brentford  (Read 60774 times)

September 22, 2010, 06:31:20 AM
Reply #15

Gash

Global Moderator
I see where you coming from Gash, but ILB has reasonable arguments and a reasonable point of view. There are many others tho that talk shit for the sake of it.
I know, it's just he's the daddy of them all. I wouldn't mind if he'd gone to bed, but he's still on line and hasn't answered my simple question.

I don't mind people from all over the world sharing an opinion of Everton, but this guy lives 50 miles away, never goes to a game, or see's one, but is an authority on all things Everton.

September 22, 2010, 06:53:29 AM
Reply #16

Gash

Global Moderator
Fair enough but it is a forum and he is no different to someone like you and me. He can choose when he wants to see Evrton, does not make him less of a supporter. He has always been highly critical of Moyes and he has stated that he won't watch Everton under Moyes. We might disagree with him but that is pretty valid points.

I reckon I am the only one to defend him and I have no doubt he will contradict me in the next few days and make me look idiotic.

I'm not saying he's less of a supporter mate, and of course he's entitled to his opinion. But he only arrives when we've had a shit result, as he said, he's only posted on here in the last week. After two shit results. I've asked him a couple of genuine questions, which he hasn't answered.

Fans can come from anywhere, I just don't understand people who can be that negative having not watched a game. Plenty people post on here, but he posts with such authority yet never actually watches a game. That's why I respect people like Rhys and GLewis, they go to games every week and can form a proper, sensible opinion.

September 22, 2010, 06:59:37 AM
Reply #17

Gash

Global Moderator
Gash, asking another fan how many times they go to games is out of order. It's not the attendance, but what's in your heart and soul.

That's why I asked how many games he sees in a season. I've covered this in another post. But he seems to think that he is an authourity on all things Everton, yet doesn't actually see that much of the team.

I don't get to many games, and unless I see decent highlights of the game, I don't post that many comments. I think it would be wrong to come across as the know all without seeing that much of games.

It's not just ILB though, plenty commented on here without actually seeing the game, the same majority that don't comment when we are doing well.

September 22, 2010, 07:15:05 AM
Reply #18

Gash

Global Moderator
Im still on my way home but did u lot get to either watch a stream or get radio commentary?

That's my point. I don't mind if people have seen the game, but if they haven't, surely thay can't comment on what happened tonight? The guy on SSN said we played well, so I could form an opinion on that, right?