December 12, 2018, 11:14:26 AM

Author Topic: Fellaini  (Read 2060 times)

September 19, 2010, 04:44:02 PM
Read 2060 times

taffytoffee

Why did moyes before felli got injured say hes the best player in the DM role in the league and then this season plays him just off the striker? its ridiculous we all know how good felli is in his proper position hes world class at times, i felt so sorry for him yesterday cause hes not effective up front and you could see he was frustrated, eg lashing out at the newcastle defender, by the way i wish he'd put the nut on barton when he came over mouthing  :headbang:.
please moyes put felli back where he belongs

September 19, 2010, 05:07:09 PM
Reply #1

bigl1cks

It was a terrible decision to play him their. And Heitinga looks lost in midfield.

Let's hope lessons are learnt from yesterday.
anything but long ball!

September 19, 2010, 05:08:14 PM
Reply #2

Thom

Administrator
Because it's easier to move him further forward than to drop Heitinga or Distin.

I've felt sorry for Fellaini in the last two matches. He's clearly not an attacking midfielder, but because of his height Moyes thinks he can win countless balls in the air and either flick the ball on with his head, or bring others into play by bringing it down on his chest.

It's no coincidence that the yellow cards dried up once he reverted back to his natural position as defensive midfielder. Playing as the attacking midfielder means he's not facing the play and is always running back towards his own goal. Without the pace to track back with faster players, he invariably gives away clumsy fouls and then gets frustrated.

It's all down to Moyes' square pegs in round holes argument yet again.

September 19, 2010, 05:47:48 PM
Reply #3

Ong-Timus Prime

Because it's easier to move him further forward than to drop Heitinga or Distin.

I've felt sorry for Fellaini in the last two matches. He's clearly not an attacking midfielder, but because of his height Moyes thinks he can win countless balls in the air and either flick the ball on with his head, or bring others into play by bringing it down on his chest.

It's no coincidence that the yellow cards dried up once he reverted back to his natural position as defensive midfielder. Playing as the attacking midfielder means he's not facing the play and is always running back towards his own goal. Without the pace to track back with faster players, he invariably gives away clumsy fouls and then gets frustrated.

It's all down to Moyes' square pegs in round holes argument yet again.

true
if you know yer history...

September 19, 2010, 06:24:45 PM
Reply #4

montanatoffeefan

Remember though, Fell was so abominable as a deeper lying midfielder when he first got here that Moyes put him up in the Cahill role and started claiming that was what he was bought for. And so many on here started echoing the bollocks.

He did alright in the Cahill role (though Cahill had to move somewhere he could ot do alright in to accommodate him).

But Fell is clearly suited for more of a DM role now. Though I'm not buying Moyes' "best in the Prem" or others "world-class" designation. Not yet, and not for a long while. He had a spell of about ten good games last season for us. Let's hope he can get back to that. Perhaps a run in with Bellamy would put him in the proper mindset.

But please don't put him further up the pitch unless we're desperate late in a game. It's painful watching us just launch balls at his fro hoping something awkwardly good will happen.
Everton forever.

September 19, 2010, 06:32:40 PM
Reply #5

rochey_efc

Remember though, Fell was so abominable as a deeper lying midfielder when he first got here that Moyes put him up in the Cahill role and started claiming that was what he was bought for. And so many on here started echoing the bollocks.

He did alright in the Cahill role (though Cahill had to move somewhere he could ot do alright in to accommodate him).

But Fell is clearly suited for more of a DM role now. Though I'm not buying Moyes' "best in the Prem" or others "world-class" designation. Not yet, and not for a long while. He had a spell of about ten good games last season for us. Let's hope he can get back to that. Perhaps a run in with Bellamy would put him in the proper mindset.

But please don't put him further up the pitch unless we're desperate late in a game. It's painful watching us just launch balls at his fro hoping something awkwardly good will happen.

So many people bought into that and gave him so much shit when the goals dried up and he went to DM.  :wanker: but I have to agree he needs to be playing in his correct position. There's no point in playing people out of position just so we can try and accommodate everyone. I think moyes is definitely struggling now that we have more than 11 players fit.
Risk more than others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical and expect more than others think is possible.

September 19, 2010, 07:01:59 PM
Reply #6

Tasslehoff

Fucking drop Distan, play Hetinga CB and Feliani at DM. Its not fucking hard. Drop Hibbert like the sack of shite he is, put Nevile in. Drop fucking Osman and fucking shoot the cunt and put Coleman in. Play either Tim and A.N other striker or 4-4-2 with Yak / Other depending on the Oppo. Fucking simple. FFS. Grr.

I am in the anger stage of the 7 stages of Grief btw.

September 19, 2010, 07:14:24 PM
Reply #7

Father Mcnulty

Fucking drop Distan, play Hetinga CB and Feliani at DM. Its not fucking hard. Drop Hibbert like the sack of shite he is, put Nevile in. Drop fucking Osman and fucking shoot the cunt and put Coleman in. Play either Tim and A.N other striker or 4-4-2 with Yak / Other depending on the Oppo. Fucking simple. FFS. Grr.

Have you any idea how stupid people look when they swear on a message board?

Distin, with the exception of the United match, has been our best central defender by a mile, so why drop him? Jagielka on the other hand has been poor. CXan we accuse Moyes of playing favourites, and then ask that Jags plays despite poor form? Hibbert has been playing fine. If he loses his place, it would be because Moyes is trying something different. It certainly wouldn't be because he's shite. Cahill has a knee injury. Sometimes it's best to calm down, and read, before jumping in head first and writing crap.

September 19, 2010, 08:02:36 PM
Reply #8

blueski

I think he needs to step up and make a decision about Heitinga and Distin, just because Johhny "can" play DM doesn't mean he should. He's a centre half. Make the decision which centre halves you are going to play and drop the 3rd. Play the big guy where he belongs and things will sort themselves out
Nil Satis

September 19, 2010, 08:06:47 PM
Reply #9

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Have you any idea how stupid people look when they swear on a message board?

Distin, with the exception of the United match, has been our best central defender by a mile, so why drop him? Jagielka on the other hand has been poor. CXan we accuse Moyes of playing favourites, and then ask that Jags plays despite poor form? Hibbert has been playing fine. If he loses his place, it would be because Moyes is trying something different. It certainly wouldn't be because he's shite. Cahill has a knee injury. Sometimes it's best to calm down, and read, before jumping in head first and writing crap.

:tit:

September 19, 2010, 08:31:43 PM
Reply #10

Sprooly

Distin was our best player yesterday!!

he was very good and bossed caroll all game!

September 19, 2010, 08:44:49 PM
Reply #11

plumber

And then drop fucking Neville cause he's shitbag.  4-4-2 is no good because fucking Beckford is shite and fucking Yakubu is lazy twat. Saha is shit since he signed new contract just like fucking Arteta, and fucking Cahill was shit even before he signed contract.

September 19, 2010, 08:46:48 PM
Reply #12

marky v

Why has everyone turned on distin it wasn't his fault we lost yesterday, he fucked up in one game this season and it was a draw and still our best result of the season so far, heitinga is no midfielder and so what he can spray 30/40 yard passes out to full backs great it's lovely to watch but isn't going to change a result, distin deserves his place in the side heitinga or jagielka should partner him not any other way round,

but definitley fellaini to cm and maybe time for billy,yak and cahill to start the next game with osman,hetinga and beckford dropping to the bench

September 19, 2010, 08:56:21 PM
Reply #13

Father Mcnulty

Why has everyone turned on distin it wasn't his fault we lost yesterday, he fucked up in one game this season and it was a draw and still our best result of the season so far, heitinga is no midfielder and so what he can spray 30/40 yard passes out to full backs great it's lovely to watch but isn't going to change a result, distin deserves his place in the side heitinga or jagielka should partner him not any other way round,

but definitley fellaini to cm and maybe time for billy,yak and cahill to start the next game with osman,hetinga and beckford dropping to the bench

It makes you wonder if some fans base their judgement on hearsay combined with 10 minutes of MOTD.

September 19, 2010, 09:06:32 PM
Reply #14

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be honest I'm not Distins biggest fan, but its hard to be harsh on him when most around him are playing even more poorly.

And for the record the "Dustbin" etc names? I mean name calling, really?? He is still an Everton player, so criticise all you want, but there is no need for cheap digs.

Frankly none of the CB choices have excelled this season in the slightest, although at least Heitinga has the excuse of playing in the middle. I honestly don't know who are best pair are. You'd suspect it'd be Jags and Heitinga but it might be Heitinga and Distin. Who knows, it could even be Heitinga and Duffy...ok likely not. But we need to find out quickly though and stick with it.

Oh and yes put Fellaini back in the middle. Put the best players in their best positions and go from there...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:57:41 PM by blueToffee »