September 23, 2018, 05:50:21 AM

Author Topic: No More Mister Nice Guy.  (Read 3500 times)

September 20, 2010, 09:56:16 PM
Read 3500 times

dunkster

so is that back to the "thumpers and grafter"s that moyes had originally? maybe get carsley and graveson to come back and partnrt phil neville in the midfield.
have we too many players who try to play decent football, let down by average joes who break up the fluidity.

[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

September 20, 2010, 11:43:08 PM
Reply #1

dunkster

i dont think (newcastle game aside) we have any problem at all in passing from front to back. Even the first 30 minutes against united, we outpassed them completely. And held siege to the villa defence.
Our problem isnt here, its the final third.
In the final third, we are so slow its laughable. We get the ball into a decent crossing position and somehow it ends up back with Distin. The simple quick one-two that teams like Arsenal play, that carves through the defence dont seem to enter our heads. Now and again we provide it down the left when pienaar and baines combine with quick, short passing. Whats worse is that having driven the opposition back into their own box, we dont possess anyone who can provide a decent shot at goal from range. Ben arfa turned and smashed his shot from range. But we rarely achieve it.
cahill has nowhere near the same affect trying to head in a crowded box. A one-on-one header from a cross via a quick breakout and i would put my money on him, but rarely where there are several players there with him.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

September 21, 2010, 12:14:28 AM
Reply #2

dunkster

Was glad about the actual swaps he made against newcastle though. Loved seeing the yak and coleman coming on at the start of the second half as opposed to waiting until we went 3-1 down like the man utd game. Having said that, they were two players i would rather have started.
 Had we been winning after an hour or so, i wouldnt have minded replacing them with the two that they replaced on saturday. (hibbert and beckford) And this is because that would have been a more defensive option to defend a lead. And there lies the problem for me. Its all the wrong way around. (Defend first and attack only when we are losing.)
As has been said, - We were at home, in need of points, against a newly promoted team. That is what has fucked fans off more than anything.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

September 21, 2010, 12:24:56 AM
Reply #3

dunkster

The gloves are off, David Moyes today revealed it's time to roll back the years and get down to his old brass tactics. He says,  "Maybe I need to get tougher with them. Maybe I need to go back to some of the old ways. We'll soon see what they're like then. I've been telling them for a long time that they are good players and a good team. Maybe I need to change what I am telling them. They have to earn the right to play for this team."

And Moyes, who admitted after the game (against Newcastle) that he himself would have been booing, said the performance has shocked him into action.

"This was certainly our poorest performance since last year and that has been the biggest shock for me. So now is the time when I have to do something about it. We're capable of so much more and it's in times like this that the lead comes from the manager. So I have to be the one who has to change my outlook in what I expect from them from now on."

So, the gauntlet has been slapped, how will the squad react - Evertonians are currently on the canvas, the team looks punchy, our league position is looking Rocky - remember Sylvester Stallone sitting next to Kill Bill - a definite air of expendability has arisen today, it's time to stand-up and be counted.

Les D

The article can be found here:

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/everton-fc/1210782-moyes-ill-go-back-to-the-old-ways.html

So what exactly are you going to change then Davey????? Neville for Hibbert.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

September 21, 2010, 12:53:15 AM
Reply #4

dunkster

anyone else worried that he might revert to a standard 4 man defence with hibbert as right back and play both Neville and Heitinga as defensive midfielders. Leaving a midfield trio of Pienaar, arteta and fellaini with just a solitary striker upfront?
i fear moyes would rather concentrate on us not conceding goals rather than concentrating on us scoring at the other end.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]