November 20, 2017, 01:59:44 PM

Author Topic: "The impressive Gueye"  (Read 2333 times)

September 22, 2010, 06:01:08 PM
Read 2333 times

montanatoffeefan

That's how he was described by a game summary on one site. Seemed odd, seeing how he was subbed out first.

But I was blessedly unable to find a stream for the match. So would appreciate a rundown on the performance by Gueye -- and Mucha -- by anyone who saw it. And can bear to revisit it in their minds.

Everton forever.

deCoubertin

September 22, 2010, 09:35:03 PM
Reply #1

VBlue

Got top rating in a couple of newspaper reports I read.  Daily Mirror gave an 8.

September 22, 2010, 10:41:43 PM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Got top rating in a couple of newspaper reports I read.  Daily Mirror gave an 8.

Yeah but they then went on to slag off Bilya and Coleman and gave them both 7's

September 22, 2010, 11:12:46 PM
Reply #3

MmmBlueRamirez

From teh crackly radio stream, it appeared as though he was very successful raiding down the left wing. He repeatedly beat his man and put dangerous crosses into the box for yakubu to fluff his lines.

Also his corners were threatening.

More importantly, he seemed to have a good understanding with baines. Not quite on a par with 'BAINAAR' but showing great promise.

For me he needs to be getting as much game time as a sub as coleman.

Is he a ready made replacement for Pienaar? Hope so. He has all the tools with the additional pace and power.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 23, 2010, 01:39:59 AM
Reply #4

DannyR

I've seen him play a few times, he looked promising at Preston, i think he will become good, just needs a season or two, Gueye is definatly no Bilya and going to be a flop
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

September 23, 2010, 02:53:48 AM
Reply #5

trueblue924

listened in last night and he sounded like he had a good game and when i saw him in preseason i thought he looked very good and i would like to see him start games i think he is ready and switch piennare onto the right or into the middle and push arteta out wide as i think arteta has been crap so far he is playing too deep prob more to do with moyes tatics but he has been poor so far.

September 23, 2010, 07:13:08 AM
Reply #6

Cods

He's supposed to be able to play all across the midfield and up front, so perhaps we can play him on the right, opposite to Pienaar and in front of Coleman, so we can have some attacking presence down that flank too.

September 23, 2010, 07:20:45 AM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I've seen him play a few times, he looked promising at Preston, i think he will become good, just needs a season or two, Gueye is definatly no Bilya and going to be a flop
maybe we should give billy a season or two aswell eh
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 23, 2010, 04:01:32 PM
Reply #8

Batley

From what I heard on the radio commentary, he sounded like he was a real threat. Probably tired and that's why he was subbed, just like he was in the Everton game. I think he's got a lot of raw talent there and the one thing we lack - pace.

September 23, 2010, 05:20:31 PM
Reply #9

EFC2302

I have seen him in a couple of games, vs Everton Chile (the cross for Beckford's goal was awesome) and then against Huddersfield (where again some of his deliveries were awesome).

I think he has really good potential and hope he gets more games
Andy Hinchcliffe has a wicked left foot!!!!!  :tongue:

September 23, 2010, 05:56:39 PM
Reply #10

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

So this kid should be given a season or two and Bilya not? Think then type.

September 23, 2010, 06:41:43 PM
Reply #11

montanatoffeefan

All sounds good and cheers for it.

Anybody at the game got a take on his performance? Or is no one admitting to attending that game? Couldn't blame you.
Everton forever.

September 24, 2010, 01:58:40 AM
Reply #12

DannyR

So this kid should be given a season or two and Bilya not? Think then type.
well bilya has had a season, and he still looks shite, obviously i will take it back if this season bilya turns into the leauges best midfeilder.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.