December 12, 2019, 02:59:40 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Fulham  (Read 47190 times)

September 26, 2010, 12:00:17 AM
Reply #360

Sres

it's a minor blip, look at the teams around us and the goals conceded...

September 26, 2010, 12:03:37 AM
Reply #361

Jamokachi

...........taken in isolation this is a decent result for the reasons you've stated ......but in the overall context of the season so far it's bad. We are rock bottom and the table doesn't lie.

You have to build from somewhere. In fact, taking the context of the season into account I'd say this result is better than expected.

September 26, 2010, 12:08:54 AM
Reply #362

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Lots of chances
Clean sheet
Commanded
Lacked shots on goal until last few minutes

Thought we played well (watched second half, listened first).  In general better than last couple of games, some strange substitutions again from Moyes, clearly doesn't know his best team.

Overall 6/10 must try harder for the team.

Moyes... Back to the drawing board.

I don't agree on Moyes today.  Played his strongest team. Didn't agree with the Osman sub until I realised he wasn't on the right and he made an impact.  Coleman looked wrecked when he came on.  All made sense to me.  Yakubu got 90 minutes which really pleased me.  Moyes has been very wrong this season but he was right today.

September 26, 2010, 12:33:05 AM
Reply #363

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
so playing Coleman on the right worked and gave us a threat down both sides instead of just the left?

who would have thought that eh?

if only someone would have told Moyes!  But wait, Moyes watches his players every day in training, he knows best....

Damned no matter what he does then eh!

September 26, 2010, 12:36:46 AM
Reply #364

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
he did the right thing today with his starting line-up - almost, Distin for Heitinga would have been a good idea

but it's taken him 6 games and all manner of people saying that is what he should do before he does it

can't we just pick the team by the popular opinion?  it's what Moyes does eventually anyway

Eh?  Doesn't the fact the stubborn fucker refuses to pick the team we all want prove that he doesn't pick by popular opinion?  I agree on Heitinga although not sure who is worse right now, Jags or Distin they seem to swap game for game.

September 26, 2010, 12:37:16 AM
Reply #365

Jamokachi

Damned no matter what he does then eh!

Watch out, I dared make that call last week.

September 26, 2010, 12:38:52 AM
Reply #366

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
It's ace when you can moan about something not being done, and then you can moan when it is done as well.

You're pretty much guaranteed a moan, and you're pretty much in a no-lose situation.

September 26, 2010, 12:52:51 AM
Reply #367

chang

OK bottom, 3 points. Piss poor, but I think most people inside really believe / know that the team has most of the components to be very good, and that at some point the tide will turn.

Other teams are also unhappy,albeit up the table a bit, Spurs for instance, I cant see Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool fans being over joyed this evening either.......Fulham have done well this season, they miss Zamora big time, but a draw there is not a poor result if looked at in isolation.

It is a long haul fellas, we will be there or there abouts come May......

September 26, 2010, 12:55:28 AM
Reply #368

.Rimbo.

jags is the new hoof ball master, pack it in lad its not good its shite.

Admittedly I didn't see the game today but it's funny how his distribution is much better for England, doncha think?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:00:02 AM by .Rimbo. »

September 26, 2010, 12:57:42 AM
Reply #369

Blueney-tunes

Player for player we far exeeded them. Anyone upbeat or happy with todays performance needs to be put down.

September 26, 2010, 01:00:17 AM
Reply #370

ToxtethBlue

Admittedly I didn't see the game today but it's funny how is distribution is much better for England, doncha think?

The tempo is completely different, you get far more time on the ball at international level. It's not like Fellaini and Arteta weren't dropping deep and making themselves available, his distribution was simply poor, and that's down to him, nothing else.

ToxtethBlue

September 26, 2010, 01:03:11 AM
Reply #371

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Player for player we far exeeded them. Anyone upbeat or happy with todays performance needs to be put down.

Re-read what you have just typed!  It was obviously a good performance then wasn't it?  You can be happy with the the performance and disappointed by the result you know!

September 26, 2010, 02:03:09 AM
Reply #372

Gash

Global Moderator
It's interesting when you look at the table. Fulham are 6th, 5 points ahead of us, with 5 draws in 6 games. I'm sorry to try to put a positive on this, because I know it's not the done thing on here at the moment.

The league looks like it's going to be really tight this year, with some freak results already being thrown up. I'm still convinced that if we keep playing like we have, we'll soon get a run of results and start climbing up the table. We need goals though, 2 goals in 2 minutes against Man Utd but very little else. In reality we're only a couple of goals short of top 6 so far this season.

September 26, 2010, 02:59:46 AM
Reply #373

philly

Hopefully this performance will have showed Mr Moyes what his best starting midfield is - it's no surprise that when fellaini plays dm we don't concede. If he keeps osman off the wing and the yak can get on a run we'll all be singing his praises again. Just think how different all the posts would have been if the yak had put one of those chances again.

Plus once Vic is back we'll be back to our strongest possible 11 available.
Bily No Pace (07/10/2011): I try an inspire people through my subject lines, the way I look at it is a director's comment for every post I make, just a little insight into my world.

September 26, 2010, 03:03:53 AM
Reply #374

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Talking of Vic, is there any word at all on when he's likely to be back?  I really think he would have made a difference for us so far this season.