December 15, 2017, 10:03:48 PM

Author Topic: Moyes' Bottle Gone.  (Read 1147 times)

September 22, 2010, 09:02:01 PM
Read 1147 times

Les Trebilcock

The Football Association have contacted Brentford to ask for their help in verifying Everton manager David Moyes' claim that a Bees supporter threw his bottle into the away end after last night's Carling Cup clash at Griffin Park.

The home crowd spilled onto the pitch moments after Phil Jagielka's penalty miss had knocked the Barclays Premier League side out of the competition.

It was then that Moyes claims to have seen a Brentford fan launch his bottle into the Everton supporters' end.

The Everton boss said: 'I saw a fan throw my bottle into our supporters. It was terrible. I said to him 'I saw your face. I saw who you were'.

'He got my bottle and went right up and threw it right into the middle of our supporters.'

'If the police want me to follow it up and try to find the individual that threw my bottle into the crowd then that would be fine by me, it wouldn't be a problem, and God knows I need it back."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1314278/FA-investigate-bottle-throwing-incident-following-Evertons-defeat-Brentford.html

You can take that to the bank.

deCoubertin

September 23, 2010, 12:36:16 AM
Reply #1

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
i saw it was just a few metres away from where it was aimed at. not sure if it actually hit anyone though

September 23, 2010, 01:36:13 AM
Reply #2

DannyR

I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

September 23, 2010, 05:43:48 AM
Reply #3

Scouse Ruletero

i saw it was just a few metres away from where it was aimed at. not sure if it actually hit anyone though

It was a full bottle of coke that was lashed in to our end, right behind the goal, slightly to the right of the centre pillar.

It was where I was standing literally seconds before, as I'd be straining to see the pens. It hit a girl about 20-ish, although she raised her arms just in time and managed to blocked it.

Their fans came on, weren't just celebrating but we're goading our fans, challenging us to go on to the pitch and fight them. Somebody did something to Neville, and he complained to the police as well.

September 23, 2010, 05:47:18 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It was a full bottle of coke that was lashed in to our end, right behind the goal, slightly to the right of the centre pillar.

It was where I was standing literally seconds before, as I'd be straining to see the pens. It hit a girl about 20-ish, although she raised her arms just in time and managed to blocked it.

Their fans came on, weren't just celebrating but we're goading our fans, challenging us to go on to the pitch and fight them. Somebody did something to Neville, and he complained to the police as well.

Reckon she'd be good cover for Howard?
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin