November 19, 2017, 04:44:00 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool  (Read 47543 times)

October 04, 2010, 08:56:19 PM
Reply #45

ToxtethBlue

We'll probably end up putting them under alot of pressure yet they'll still sneek a win, similar to last seasons Derby at Goodison. Pienaar, if he's out, will be a big miss. Team:

------------------------------Howard-----------------------------

Neville----------Jagielka----------Distin-----------Baines

--------------------Fellaini----------Arteta---------------------

Coleman-----------------------------------------------Osman

-------------------------------Cahill--------------------------------

------------------------------Yakubu------------------------------
ToxtethBlue

October 04, 2010, 09:32:44 PM
Reply #46

toffee_scot

We'll probably end up putting them under alot of pressure yet they'll still sneek a win, similar to last seasons Derby at Goodison. Pienaar, if he's out, will be a big miss. Team:

------------------------------Howard-----------------------------

Neville----------Jagielka----------Distin-----------Baines

--------------------Fellaini----------Arteta---------------------

Coleman-----------------------------------------------Osman

-------------------------------Cahill--------------------------------

------------------------------Yakubu------------------------------

Although Moyes has played Coleman on the right wing in recent games, I'm not sure he will want to start him in such a game as the Merseyside Derby. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Moyes decided to drop Coleman and play Hibbert at RB, move Neville into midfield and shove Arteta on the right wing.

October 04, 2010, 09:54:48 PM
Reply #47

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes rarely changes a winning side.

October 04, 2010, 10:04:54 PM
Reply #48

cantoffee

I think it'll be the same side as this week unless Pienaar is back, that will probably lead to Pienaar on the left and Osman on the right, although I think Moyes might stick with Coleman. I hope Hibbert comes back in though, he's a far superior right back to Neville, who seems to have lost his legs completely now to go along with his telegraphed hoofing and weak floated crosses.

October 04, 2010, 10:30:06 PM
Reply #49

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think it'll be the same side as this week unless Pienaar is back, that will probably lead to Pienaar on the left and Osman on the right, although I think Moyes might stick with Coleman. I hope Hibbert comes back in though, he's a far superior right back to Neville, who seems to have lost his legs completely now to go along with his telegraphed hoofing and weak floated crosses.

I expect the same side too,  I think Hibbert is better than Neville by a long way, especially with Coleman in front but Moyes won't drop Neville for a derby. 

October 04, 2010, 10:40:59 PM
Reply #50

Sharky

Drop neville? Not this again. Its no coinsidence weve had 2 clean sheets since hes been back.

It wouldnt suprise me if he did put hibbo right back and nev in midfield like he has in the past. Purley because hibbo is faster.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

October 04, 2010, 10:59:14 PM
Reply #51

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Drop neville? Not this again. Its no coinsidence weve had 2 clean sheets since hes been back.

It wouldnt suprise me if he did put hibbo right back and nev in midfield like he has in the past. Purley because hibbo is faster.

I know where you are coming from but I still don't buy that correlation. And of the three games he's been back what about the Carling cup game when we did concede? Not to mention the first game of the season?

We conceded a bunch of goals by individual mistakes this season and we were lucky Distin's floaty backward header didn't mean we were a goal down again against Birmingham. It would have been nothing to do with Neville had that gone in much like its been nothing to do with Hibbert for the most part for any of the goals we have conceded this season.

We got away with it on Saturday, and we didn't previously - that is the difference for me. If we'd conceded and they shut up shop it would've been deja vu again this season.

I don't mean to discount his role, but I don't think its any different to what another competent RB would provide. Also Neville looks like he is possibly on his last season here as a regular starter so we better had find some other RB solution in a hurry that means we don't concede if your premise is right.

October 05, 2010, 12:51:52 AM
Reply #52

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

Against an average Fulham side and a team struggling to score?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

October 05, 2010, 02:12:26 AM
Reply #53

Bluenosebolt

erm Fulham who are great at home and so....are Birmingham, I think we have been playing really well all season, Only thing weve been missing is a goal machine....I would drop the yak and put Nev up front on his own..the mans a leg end
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly

October 05, 2010, 03:03:33 AM
Reply #54

april

Looks like Pienaar is defo out. Stick with the winning side that beat Brum? Or bring Bily in for Osman, who rarely seems to do well in a derby game, or for Coleman who may not be ready for this game yet? I think Heitinga would do well in this match too.
Toffeegirls Rule.

October 05, 2010, 05:09:15 AM
Reply #55

cantoffee

Looks like Pienaar is defo out. Stick with the winning side that beat Brum? Or bring Bily in for Osman, who rarely seems to do well in a derby game, or for Coleman who may not be ready for this game yet? I think Heitinga would do well in this match too.

I think Heitinga would get a red card, keep him off if possible.

October 05, 2010, 05:13:18 AM
Reply #56

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

A player who rarely does well in a derby match dropped for a player who rarely does well in any match?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm........
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

October 05, 2010, 05:15:32 AM
Reply #57

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
erm Fulham who are great at home and so....are Birmingham, I think we have been playing really well all season, Only thing weve been missing is a goal machine....I would drop the yak and put Nev up front on his own..the mans a leg end

Birmingham didn't have a single shot on target, that's not down to Neville. Add to that Fulham were missing their 2 most dangerous players.

October 05, 2010, 05:24:42 AM
Reply #58

cantoffee

I don't think Neville is any better defensively than Hibbert, the only difference is that Hibbert has more of a chance of getting caught out downfield because he actually makes an attempt to get to the byeline. Neville just floats the ball into the box from halfway into the opponents half, which is easy pickings for big centerbacks.

The only person on our team who could win those is Felli, even Cahill won't, he's at his best when the ball is whipped in with pace so he can attack it and the defender doesn't get a chance to set himself. Even Hibbert rarely gets caught out because he tracks back fairly quickly and is the best slide tackler on the team by a long way.

October 05, 2010, 08:37:44 AM
Reply #59

Sprooly

I would Love to see Coleman play on the left wing (yeah you might think im crazy) and just tell him whenever he gets at the ball take on Glen Johnson who cant defend for shit, but then again if Carragher is playing LB just play coleman RW