November 25, 2017, 05:44:17 PM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton  (Read 11993 times)

January 20, 2017, 03:05:52 PM
Read 11993 times

TSGun

Not sure how to feel about this one. Expectations are raised after our brilliant display last game but following up against lesser, no disrespect meant to Palace, opposition has proven to be a bit of an achilles heel over the years.

A hard fought 1-0 win will do.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:42:44 PM by Gash »

January 20, 2017, 03:12:50 PM
Reply #1

MIG

I was just looking at the home and away league tables.  With only home games taken into consideration Palace are bottom.  With only 2 wins, 1 draw and 7 defeats.
I get that there are no easy games in this league and it will be a different sort of challenge than our last game, but I just think there are no excuses here.
West Brom, our nearest challengers have Sunderland at home, we can't be allowing them to close the gap.  7th is a must (at least).

January 20, 2017, 03:16:00 PM
Reply #2

Macca77

Palace are struggling, we've just beat the favourites for the premier league, so should be a straight forward away win, but we are Everton, we dont straight forward do we

January 20, 2017, 03:16:44 PM
Reply #3

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Sam still hasn't had chance to make his mark on the team yet, I think this could end up being a difficult, boring game.
It would be nice to play the same formation that we did against City.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 20, 2017, 03:28:08 PM
Reply #4

BlueBeagle

This is going to be an arsehole of a game.

We are expected to win but they are so fucking grim, they drag other teams down to their painful-to-watch level.

Under Martinez, we would have lost this game 100% before a ball was even kicked. 70% possession yet they have one effort on target and score.

January 20, 2017, 04:01:53 PM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I can't wait for the day Big Sam is no longer in football.

Sick of him taking over teams, getting them 17th and it getting made out to be some sort of miracle.

I'll be missing this game and I'm glad.

Type of game where after 60 minutes of a slog you just take the point and get out of there.

January 20, 2017, 04:02:40 PM
Reply #6

toffee_scot

They are a completely different team to Man City and will no doubt be a lot more physical and defensive minded. We need to be up for this and try and win more 50/50 balls than of late.

January 20, 2017, 04:49:40 PM
Reply #7

Robioto

We really should be winning this and we will if we show the same drive and willing we did agaist Man City. I just don't think that is guarenteed. Plus I'm not as confident in our ability to break teams down as I am us counter attacking, Palace will likely try and do to us what we did to City last week.

That being said, I expect nothing less than a win here, Palace are shite.

January 20, 2017, 04:57:01 PM
Reply #8

velimski

Going to this one.

January 20, 2017, 05:07:29 PM
Reply #9

ally2

They, and he, like to spoil a party but the reality is that they just aren't very good. Patience is the name of the game here I reckon. Let their fans stew.

January 20, 2017, 05:33:07 PM
Reply #10

Rodenplav64

I am just hoping to fuck we don't take 2 steps back . Play the same team as we did against City and lets give these a good beating .

January 20, 2017, 06:20:11 PM
Reply #11

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Naaa we will win this easy i recon. 3-1
I have to return some videotapes.

January 20, 2017, 06:41:58 PM
Reply #12

cantoffee

Don't think we will or should play the same team as against City. Benteke would pull onto Holgate and win every long diagonal they play. He'll probably beat Williams and Mori most of the time anyway, but they should make it more difficult.

This will be tough and a test of if Sam has got them more organized by now. Should still be winning here though, just not going to be easy and will probably look rather ugly.

January 20, 2017, 06:45:10 PM
Reply #13

Shogun

Administrator
This could be a pivotal match for us this season.

It's been full of # steps forwards and # steps backwards so far. From the way we started the season to dreadful run that followed. The win over Arsenal followed by defeat against them and FA Cup exit.

The City game can't be another false dawn.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 20, 2017, 06:50:45 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

We'll beat these. They're properly shite.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.