November 24, 2017, 01:26:39 PM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton  (Read 11957 times)

January 22, 2017, 03:35:51 PM
Reply #540

Lxxx

Guy on 606 said he was injured for 5 mins and Everton should be disgusted. Robbie Savage put him straight

5 minutes is plenty of time to get a replacement stripped off and on to make sure you don't concede.

January 22, 2017, 03:43:11 PM
Reply #541

Bluedylan

In the interest of balance, the majority of Palace fans I've seen commenting on the injury thing have said that they've nowt to complain about, they were trying to blag it and it didn't work, and they deserved to lose the match. For example, here's one from a national site:

As for the Schlupp incident - farcical. We tried to hoodwink the officials and it didn't work. Granted, Taylor should've stopped play when it went for a throw, but having seen what I saw from the stands, we tried being cute and Taylor wasn't having it, and I can't blame him.

"I donít think we were really to blame..." says it all. I can't stand Sammy Lee and Allardyce - both bent as a nine pound note, and the kind of 'personalities' I hoped Palace would never indulge in.

Allardyce needs to look a lot closer to home if we're to stay up, rather than pointing at everyone else. Schlupp was down for long enough to see theres a bloody great hole down our left, and it's his job as manager to recognise that, shift a player out there and plug that hole whilst hes out the game. So yes, you are exactly to blame.

Well done Everton. Looking forward to seeing how Davies and Lookman develop too, they both look like they have serious potential.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:49:17 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 22, 2017, 03:51:42 PM
Reply #542

Ramjam

Why didn't that big fat bacon faced bribe taking retard make a fucking change if his player was so badly injured?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 22, 2017, 03:57:50 PM
Reply #543

Bluedylan

Why didn't that big fat bacon faced bribe taking retard make a fucking change if his player was so badly injured?

Because, bar a few exceptions, all managers are insanely biased and one-eyed when it comes to talking about their own team and refereeing decisions. They're shameless about it. Pochettino said the push on Sterling wasn't a pen, and it's the most blatant pen you'll ever see anywhere. Klopp was bemoaning bad luck for conceding 3 appalling goals to a fairly ordinary team, Wenger and Mourinho almost never accept or concede anything, no matter how ludicrous the point and I dare say Koeman has done it, or will do it at some point.

It's pretty lame really. I think people would have a lot of respect for managers that just said 'nah, it was a pen in fairness' or 'nevermind luck, we defended like shite' and it would probably decrease the pressure on referees and enhance their performance as a result.

January 22, 2017, 04:00:14 PM
Reply #544

Zoolander

Because, bar a few exceptions, all managers are insanely biased and one-eyed when it comes to talking about their own team and refereeing decisions. They're shameless about it. Pochettino said the push on Sterling wasn't a pen, and it's the most blatant pen you'll ever see anywhere. Klopp was bemoaning bad luck for conceding 3 appalling goals to a fairly ordinary team, Wenger and Mourinho almost never accept or concede anything, no matter how ludicrous the point and I dare say Koeman has done it, or will do it at some point.

It's pretty lame really. I think people would have a lot of respect for managers that just said 'nah, it was a pen in fairness' or 'nevermind luck, we defended like shite' and it would probably decrease the pressure on referees and enhance their performance as a result.
Edit
Quoted wrong post
Quite right too though

January 22, 2017, 04:10:25 PM
Reply #545

ally2

Shlupp went down with cramp anyway.  Was nothing to do with a challenge.  Now I'm not saying he was faking it, but let's say it's noticeable how many times players go down with cramp on teams who are trying to close a result compared to teams who are chasing a game.  And I'm not saying Allardyce instructs them to do it but his teams are well known for time wasting.  He should be focussing on why his team were so desperate to hang on to a 0-0 at home like it was the World Cup final.

January 22, 2017, 04:13:46 PM
Reply #546

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
As for the Schlupp incident - farcical. We tried to hoodwink the officials and it didn't work. Granted, Taylor should've stopped play when it went for a throw, but having seen what I saw from the stands, we tried being cute and Taylor wasn't having it, and I can't blame him.

"I donít think we were really to blame..." says it all. I can't stand Sammy Lee and Allardyce - both bent as a nine pound note, and the kind of 'personalities' I hoped Palace would never indulge in.

Allardyce needs to look a lot closer to home if we're to stay up, rather than pointing at everyone else. Schlupp was down for long enough to see theres a bloody great hole down our left, and it's his job as manager to recognise that, shift a player out there and plug that hole whilst hes out the game. So yes, you are exactly to blame.

Well done Everton. Looking forward to seeing how Davies and Lookman develop too, they both look like they have serious potential.

That last paragraph wreaks of an Evertonian on the wind up.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 22, 2017, 04:48:29 PM
Reply #547

Bluedylan

That last paragraph wreaks of an Evertonian on the wind up.

I looked on his previous comments, and he comments on a lot of Palace matches and no Everton matches, so he's really putting the work in if he's trying to blag anyone.