November 22, 2017, 10:46:41 PM

Author Topic: Blackpool 2 - 2 Everton (R)  (Read 27669 times)

November 07, 2010, 05:41:30 AM
Reply #240

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
We got so incredibly lucky at the end.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

November 07, 2010, 06:00:49 AM
Reply #241

Gash

Global Moderator
We got so incredibly lucky at the end.

And unlucky for their second, swings and roundabouts Verm. It's a game we should have won, but a lot of teams will go there and not get the result they were expecting.

The league is tight as I said, it just depends if your a glass half full or half empty person?

November 07, 2010, 07:41:55 AM
Reply #242

cantoffee

And unlucky for their second, swings and roundabouts Verm. It's a game we should have won, but a lot of teams will go there and not get the result they were expecting.

The league is tight as I said, it just depends if your a glass half full or half empty person?

I think Verm broke his glass a long time ago.

November 07, 2010, 11:55:52 AM
Reply #243

Cods

Four things I picked up from the game.

1.  Cahill is a lot more of a link player than he is given credit for.   A lot of flicks and short passes playing in strikers.  Technique in general is crap, but his ability to make critical split second decisions and get the required result is unsurpassed.
2.  Beckford will score soon, and it will/should be an explosion thereafter.
3.  Seamus made quite a few runs that weren't picked up, it seemed that some of the other players didn't have confidence in him which is a shame.
4.  Bilya has the pace and skill, but not yet the intensity and strength, to play every week.  When he develops that he'll be ace.

November 07, 2010, 03:32:31 PM
Reply #244

montanatoffeefan

Four things I picked up from the game.

1.  Cahill is a lot more of a link player than he is given credit for.   A lot of flicks and short passes playing in strikers.  Technique in general is crap, but his ability to make critical split second decisions and get the required result is unsurpassed.

Cahill has often linked up well with Yak. He plays differently when Yak is out there. Our whole attack does.
Everton forever.

November 07, 2010, 05:08:15 PM
Reply #245

Derek

The Yak is impressing me at the minute. He's nowhere near his 20 goals a season best, but he's improving.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

November 07, 2010, 06:52:29 PM
Reply #246

Scouse Ruletero

Great away day; one in the eye for all the sniffy naysayers on here pre-match who wondered what all the fuss was about. Cracking atmosphere in the ground, all tightly packed in. One of the best football match atmospheres I have experienced for a long, long time. Blackpool fans are a credit to their club; non-stop singing throughout and really got behind their team without resorting to the usual anti-scouse chants. We had good banter with them. The away fan facilities are somewhat Portsmouth-esque; very limited, but they still had something of a charm about them.

As for the match, it will be one of those games we'll look back on at the end of the season and cite as '2 points dropped', "If only we'd beaten Blackpool, we'd have finished 7th/6th/5th etc...." Basically, two silly individual mistakes resulted in both their goals - Arteta's mistake for the free kick, and then Johnny 'Not as good as he thinks he is - bet he hopes Bayern Munich wasn't watching him yesterday' Heitinga needlessly losing the ball that ultimately led to their 2nd.

Coleman was phenomenal, and Pienaar and Arteta played really well. Utter wastefulness in front of goal, combined with our subs just not being good enough. Bily is a total waste of space. We're at the point now where he is never going 'to come good'; for £9m he is a flop and a bad buy. When he comes on, he's this generation's version of Idan Tal. More of a hinderance than a help. As for Jermaine Beckford.. he cost nothing, he's on minimal wages (compared to some members of the squad), it was a gamble worth taking. Villa and Newcastle wanted him as well. It isn't paying off and he's probably not good enough. Sad, but we need to be decisive now, especially with January looming. Somebody also needs to tell Johnny Heitinga to pull his head out of his backside and concentrate on improving his performances for Everton, instead of constantly talking about moves elsewhere. He's coming across as one cheeky so and so, given the costly mistakes he keeps making.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 06:56:23 PM by Scouse Ruletero »

November 07, 2010, 07:02:58 PM
Reply #247

bluemanx3

2nd goal, neville nowhere near brave or determined enough to block the ball, pathetic as usual