November 24, 2017, 01:26:32 PM

Author Topic: Jermaine  (Read 5670 times)

November 11, 2010, 05:19:59 AM
Read 5670 times

.Rimbo.

Lovely R1 + Circle tonight. Great strike.

Should he be given a start on Sunday?

deCoubertin

November 11, 2010, 05:22:45 AM
Reply #1

Sharky

:wag: rb+b

Great finish, not against arsenal, yaks been good sofar, a lesser team then yes.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

November 11, 2010, 05:24:02 AM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

:wag: rb+b

Great finish, not against arsenal, yaks been good sofar, a lesser team then yes.

Ah, yer poison is the XBox yer cretin'.

November 11, 2010, 05:25:38 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Is this thread in fucking morse code or something?

November 11, 2010, 05:26:28 AM
Reply #4

HungryHungryHibbo

I would start with Yakubu, but bring on JB sooner than Saha. Is this 17 appearances without a goal now for Louis?

The problem isn't really with our strikers, it's our style of play (see other thread) and refusal to shoot
coyb

November 11, 2010, 05:29:02 AM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

I would start with Yakubu, but bring on JB sooner than Saha. Is this 17 appearances without a goal now for Louis?

The problem isn't really with our strikers, it's our style of play (see other thread) and refusal to shoot

I disagree. I don't think our style of play and our strikers are mutually exclusive; in fact, I think they directly affect each other.

We play a lot better and look a much more complete team with Yakubu up front. He also gets the best out of Cahill.

When we play Saha and he doesn't win anything in the air, nor does he hold the ball up, then their centre-halves keep winning the ball (and they had Louis in their arse pocket for pretty much 80 minutes) and we can't get a foothold in the match.

November 11, 2010, 05:38:23 AM
Reply #6

HungryHungryHibbo

Our most dangerous moments were when Baines or Coleman was played in behind the fullbacks and could get a cross in, which was rare - our movement is too static and predictable, and changing out the striker won't really help. We need to sort out the way the midfield plays first and then worry about the man up front.

Saha's link up play is fine, and I thought Cahill did well - but we need strikers who can shoot and score. He's not on form with either
coyb

November 11, 2010, 05:40:47 AM
Reply #7

Major Clanger

I agree with the first bit, that's exactly what I'd do and that's probably why Moyes chose to give him a bit of a rest.

But the problem _is_ with our strikers, more than anything. In 12 games we let in how many goals? 11, and most of them were really bad mistakes, not systematic errors.

We've been passing the ball around more and better than ever under Moyes, and in the right areas. We've learned to keep the ball under pressure.

Every game we have 10+ shots on goal. (Today we had 26.)

Yet to this day our strikers have only scored 2 league goals in 12 league games.

I might be missing something here but I fail to see how, when you put all this together, it can be anyone else's fault than our strikers'.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 11, 2010, 06:01:51 AM
Reply #8

evertonjoe

I feel I must apologise to Jermaine I predicted he wouldn't score a single Premier League goal but that was a cracker. No way that he should start though Yak has got to play against the Arse.

R.A.P Music

November 11, 2010, 06:06:28 AM
Reply #9

HungryHungryHibbo

Oh and for the record:

Xbox > PS3
coyb

November 11, 2010, 06:21:51 AM
Reply #10

Tinga

I think your forgetting it's called a 'Finish shot'.

November 11, 2010, 06:24:45 AM
Reply #11

evertonjoe

I think your forgetting it's called a 'Finish shot'.

I thought it was a 'placed shot'

R.A.P Music

November 11, 2010, 06:25:06 AM
Reply #12

.Rimbo.

Finesse shot, no?

November 11, 2010, 06:28:21 AM
Reply #13

cantoffee

It was a beaut! Bam!

November 11, 2010, 06:42:19 AM
Reply #14