November 24, 2017, 11:46:23 AM

Author Topic: Jermaine  (Read 5669 times)

November 11, 2010, 08:12:58 AM
Reply #15

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
If that was torres it wud be talked to death about how good a goal it was. I watched ssn and the way they went on bout ft goal 2nite it was outstanding then seeing it on motd it was just a 1 on 1 getting by the pacey caldwell and beating the best keeper in the world at 1 on 1s al habsi

deCoubertin

November 11, 2010, 09:31:45 AM
Reply #16

Father Mcnulty

We should go with Beckford every match. He's a quality striker. There is nothing to say he can't score more than Yakubu, and he is likely to become our number 1 striker if things go well. Why not give him the opportunity. He might have played 2 divisions down, but it's still professional football, and this pompous view that the Prem is much tougher is bollox. He knows how to score. No defender in the world can take that from him. He can't expect to get into the starting 11 of a team like Everton unless other players aren't having any success. 1 goal in 12 matches from strikers, or 2 if you count Beckfords isn't worthy of keeping your place when a goal hungry lad like Beckford has just joined. Even his preseason goals had class all over them.
I wonder as a worst case scenario could he play on the wing if needed. He has a bit of pace. Versatility seems to be key at Everton.

November 11, 2010, 09:53:47 AM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If that was torres it wud be talked to death about how good a goal it was. I watched ssn and the way they went on bout ft goal 2nite it was outstanding then seeing it on motd it was just a 1 on 1 getting by the pacey caldwell and beating the best keeper in the world at 1 on 1s al habsi
say what? But yeah, took his goal like an absolute boss tonight. Overjoyed for him. I'd see him in the side before saha at the moment, but the yak is the main man for me.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 11, 2010, 10:00:41 AM
Reply #18

nomorechang

RIP
Cahill and Jags were singing Becks praises on ' Goals onSunday ' a few weeks ago I think Moyes has been very clever with him by easing him into the team , maybe now is the time to give him a go with a few games under his belt ..Yak and Saha have ony scored one between them this season , Lets see what he can do
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

November 11, 2010, 10:59:04 AM
Reply #19

HungryHungryHibbo

Cahill and Jags were singing Becks praises on ' Goals onSunday ' a few weeks ago I think Moyes has been very clever with him by easing him into the team , maybe now is the time to give him a go with a few games under his belt ..Yak and Saha have ony scored one between them this season , Lets see what he can do

easing him into the team? we started the first couple of games with him alone up front and it destroyed his confidence

fantastic strike, made up for him, hope he kicks on from here
coyb

November 11, 2010, 11:35:48 AM
Reply #20

nomorechang

RIP
easing him into the team? we started the first couple of games with him alone up front and it destroyed his confidence

fantastic strike, made up for him, hope he kicks on from here

Moyes realised he wasnt ready so he put him on the bench after those 1st couple of games when many were shouting for his return , He gave him some reserve games to build his confidence . hopefully hes getting closer to starting games
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

November 11, 2010, 01:23:56 PM
Reply #21

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Longest arms in the Prem.

November 11, 2010, 01:51:19 PM
Reply #22

montanatoffeefan

Lovely R1 + Circle tonight. Great strike.

Should he be given a start on Sunday?

No. Keep playing him like we do now -- as a late sub to give defenders something new to deal with. Brilliant goal though. Goslingesque.

Yak starts every game he can, please. We're so much better in attack with his team approach.
Everton forever.

November 11, 2010, 03:34:50 PM
Reply #23

Bluenosebolt

We should go with Beckford every match. He's a quality striker. There is nothing to say he can't score more than Yakubu, and he is likely to become our number 1 striker if things go well. Why not give him the opportunity. He might have played 2 divisions down, but it's still professional football, and this pompous view that the Prem is much tougher is bollox. He knows how to score. No defender in the world can take that from him. He can't expect to get into the starting 11 of a team like Everton unless other players aren't having any success. 1 goal in 12 matches from strikers, or 2 if you count Beckfords isn't worthy of keeping your place when a goal hungry lad like Beckford has just joined. Even his preseason goals had class all over them.
I wonder as a worst case scenario could he play on the wing if needed. He has a bit of pace. Versatility seems to be key at Everton.

amen brudda, I heard Moyes say though that bringing Becks on earlier has done nothing for his confidence, Moyes must know him better than us, I would still like to see Yak start against the Arse, He does more for the team than Becks at the mo, his hold up play is invaluable But we do then need someone else to stab em in from around the box....so how about the old 4-3-3 ?? could it be time ???
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly

November 11, 2010, 03:37:53 PM
Reply #24

Bluenosebolt

Oh yeah...his goal last night was stunning, and I totally agree that if that had been a Drogba or Torres goal the sky sports team would have had seamen filled trousers. One of the best goals I have seen this season.
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly

November 11, 2010, 03:58:04 PM
Reply #25

Jamokachi

What are you on about?

November 11, 2010, 03:58:51 PM
Reply #26

Tellittoyourking

How about finding a way to accommodate two strikers?

5 3 2 ?

Howard

Coleman Jags JH Distin Baines

Fellani Arteta

Cahill/Pienaar

Yak  Beckford/Saha

Feel free to shoot me down, just a thought. We have the players to play this system.

November 11, 2010, 04:11:53 PM
Reply #27

Sharky

Beckford is a natural finisher. He will score those half chances, its what he did at leeds and given the ball in and around the box he will stick it away.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

November 11, 2010, 04:36:37 PM
Reply #28

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
How about finding a way to accommodate two strikers?

5 3 2 ?

Howard

Coleman Jags JH Distin Baines

Fellani Arteta

Cahill/Pienaar

Yak  Beckford/Saha

Feel free to shoot me down, just a thought. We have the players to play this system.

It is too narrow.  Yak will drift wide for you but Beckford/Saha don't and even if they didn't couldn't do anything with it.  Putting strikers on second half is a good idea switching to a 4-3-3 but playing so open early on would kill us.

November 11, 2010, 05:26:55 PM
Reply #29

Thom

Administrator
Yakubu has to be starting the vast majority of our games. Saha is pretty much finished, and I'd rather see Beckford come on against tired defenders for the last 15-20 minutes.

The other thing to remember is that he plays on the shoulder of the last defender, and we don't really have a player who can provide those sort of through balls, along the deck, for him to run onto. Pienaar and Baines could do it, but I'm not sure anyone else would have the skill or awareness to do so (including Arteta). We could try lofted balls over the top too, but centre backs would be all over them anyway.

So yeah, Yakubu starting games and Beckford coming on late on.