November 23, 2017, 10:55:30 PM

Author Topic: Jermaine  (Read 5668 times)

November 11, 2010, 06:14:49 PM
Reply #30

Echoance

http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/everton-1-1-bolton-beckford

Made up for him.

Kudos to Baines for winning the ball back initially.

deCoubertin

November 11, 2010, 06:39:37 PM
Reply #31

BlueSte

How about finding a way to accommodate two strikers?

5 3 2 ?

Howard

Coleman Jags JH Distin Baines

Fellani Arteta

Cahill/Pienaar

Yak  Beckford/Saha

Feel free to shoot me down, just a thought. We have the players to play this system.

Lacks width Peeow Peeow consider yourself shot
The Black Watch

November 11, 2010, 07:16:43 PM
Reply #32

di_guyo

square > circle...pro evo controls ftw
Everton & Atleti

November 11, 2010, 07:25:21 PM
Reply #33

jongre123

Lacks width Peeow Peeow consider yourself shot

Coleman and Baines will run down the wings, Distin can cover at LB whilst Baines is forward, Heitinga at RB and Felli+Arteta can play in front of the central defender stopping any counter attacks.

November 12, 2010, 12:44:53 AM
Reply #34

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
square > circle...pro evo controls ftw

This!

It was a quality finish and I agree with whoever said that if that finish had come an established player they'd be creaming themselves for a considerable time.

November 12, 2010, 02:15:19 AM
Reply #35

Gash

Global Moderator
For a guy supposed to be lacking confidence, that was a great ping last night. It was brave as well, 4th minute of stoppage, Yak and Cahill around the goal, 1-0 down, a man down and firing toward the Gwladys Street.

It would appear the lad has a big set of bollocks. Well done to him.

November 12, 2010, 02:49:48 AM
Reply #36

Tellittoyourking

Coleman and Baines will run down the wings, Distin can cover at LB whilst Baines is forward, Heitinga at RB and Felli+Arteta can play in front of the central defender stopping any counter attacks.

What he said, I've tried it on Champo and it works. I'll give Dave a call in the morning.

November 12, 2010, 02:59:01 PM
Reply #37

ajax_andy

Anyone else think Moyes' comments after the game were interesting? 

Something along the lines of "it'll give the lad confidence, and the other players more confidence in him"....

Sounded to me like the other players dont rate him, would possibly go some way to explaining why he hasn't received a pass in good positions sometimes so far this season.

November 12, 2010, 03:03:29 PM
Reply #38

Blue_Boy_Till_I_Die

Something along the lines of "it'll give the lad confidence, and the other players more confidence in him"....

Sounded to me like the other players dont rate him, would possibly go some way to explaining why he hasn't received a pass in good positions sometimes so far this season.

Thought this when I heard Moyes comments at the time.  But everytime any other players are asked about Beckford they sing his praises and talk highly of him.

Still think he is a great alternative as a forward.  Brings us pace and a willingness to win the ball.  He should be on the bench at the mo though with the Yak starting.  Great lad to bring on when we need a goal and chasing a game.

November 12, 2010, 05:11:42 PM
Reply #39

Sharky

Well they wont exactly say on tv ' nah that beckford kid is fucking wank, should still be fixing cars for the rac'

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

November 12, 2010, 05:46:43 PM
Reply #40

Bigjmill

REMOVED FOOTER TO SHUT Sir Stealth Up !

November 12, 2010, 07:46:06 PM
Reply #41

toffee_scot

Moyes said: "[The goal] will give [Beckford] a great deal of confidence, it will give the players with him as well a lot of confidence as well"

You could interpret that in 2 ways:
1) The players will now have more belief that Beckford can play at their level and become a more reliable player.
2) The goal itself will give all the players the belief that they have the potential to score more goals and they can do what Beckford did.

November 12, 2010, 08:13:20 PM
Reply #42

Ridge

I think that comment, is more about the other players mentality at key moments. When you play friendlies you can take a bit more of a risk, but when the pressure is on, the choice is less easy. If its last minute of the game and they see Saha and Beckford open, Beckford in a better position, several players would instinctively choose Saha on experience. Its not something you can neccessarily just change, you need to have belief to trust him when the heat is on. Also if you can put an awkward ball in for him, you might wait rather than take the chance. All those little decisions can make huge differences and Beckford will have to earn that faith like everyone else.

It will only happen with time and Beckford doing the business when he gets those chances. But I have felt from the start of the season, that if he gets given that trust and the chance, he will put it in the back of the net more than most.

November 12, 2010, 11:15:58 PM
Reply #43

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I agree with Ridge.

Respect has to be earned through performances on the pitch, irrespective of how a player does in training.

By slotting that goal Beckford is showing that he's got the ability and confidence to get goals and make brave decisions. That will slowly influence his team mates subconciously.

I also agree that it should help give some of our shot shy players confidence that they can take a shot instead of looking for a "he can't miss from there" pass.