November 25, 2017, 08:02:35 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Arsenal  (Read 33078 times)

November 12, 2010, 02:41:54 AM
Reply #15

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
If we score first I can see a narrow win / exciting draw.

If they score first, a demolition.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

November 12, 2010, 03:00:43 AM
Reply #16

taffytoffee

After watching our midfielders inability to A Shoot and B Go beyond the forwards I would pick this side

Howard
Neville Jagielka Distin Baines
Areteta
Billy Rodwell Pienaar
Cahill
Yakubu

Rodwell in the side because he does both A and B, Cahill dropped off a little so he can get beyond the striker rather than be an out and out one

I like that team jimmy except i'd have coleman in for bily, moyes needs to get rodders in that team somewhere at least he will have a crack from outside the box unlike the rest of our midfielders who think they've got to walk the ball in the net

November 12, 2010, 06:18:59 AM
Reply #17

Tasslehoff

If we score first I can see a narrow win / exciting draw.

If they score first, a demolition.

Think the devil will be Ice Skating to work tomorrow, that sound slightly like optimism from Verm..

November 12, 2010, 07:29:18 AM
Reply #18

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Think the devil will be Ice Skating to work tomorrow, that sound slightly like optimism from Verm..

It is, my optimistic posts don't get as much attention though....

Just hope we don't concede first, letting one in early could shatter our confidence. Hopefully a great atmosphere on Sunday.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

November 12, 2010, 08:39:18 AM
Reply #19

evertonjoe

Hope we get off to a good start mainly because I can only watch the first half as i'll be captaining my colleges second XI football team in the second half.

R.A.P Music

November 12, 2010, 03:29:37 PM
Reply #20

.Rimbo.

Hope we get off to a good start mainly because I can only watch the first half as i'll be captaining my colleges second XI football team in the second half.

Only one Pip Neville...

November 12, 2010, 04:13:16 PM
Reply #21

nomorechang

RIP
Where are some of you getting the idea we're going to get hammered ? Did any of you watch the " mighty Arse Nil " against Wolves ? they were shite ..and has any team actually had more than 5 shots on target against us this season ? ..What we need to get us off on a good footing and Ill agree with Verm here ,  is an early goal ! One thing in our favour is Arsenal won't come here and " Park The Bus " which most teams we face have done .They wont be confident coming here , we were the better team at the Emirates , even Wenger admitted that ...Its a game I'm looking forward to and expect us to do well
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

November 12, 2010, 04:24:24 PM
Reply #22

evertonjoe

Only one Pip Neville...

I can only dream of being that good.

R.A.P Music

November 12, 2010, 04:47:20 PM
Reply #23

.Rimbo.

Where are some of you getting the idea we're going to get hammered ? Did any of you watch the " mighty Arse Nil " against Wolves ? they were shite ..and has any team actually had more than 5 shots on target against us this season ? ..What we need to get us off on a good footing and Ill agree with Verm here ,  is an early goal ! One thing in our favour is Arsenal won't come here and " Park The Bus " which most teams we face have done .They wont be confident coming here , we were the better team at the Emirates , even Wenger admitted that ...Its a game I'm looking forward to and expect us to do well

And as for the game at Goodison?

November 12, 2010, 05:57:11 PM
Reply #24

VBlue

For all our shortcomings, and every team has them, we are unbeaten in 7 now and remain second in the form guide.

I think we will remain unbeaten after this game.

November 12, 2010, 07:54:10 PM
Reply #25

ToxtethBlue

We are probably better suited to playing the bigger teams, I think our players up there game, they relish the space (Arsenal will come at us) and the crowd will be up for it. Disappointing from Fellaini, I was hoping to see us go up against them with our best midfield available to us, but it happens, and we've beaten the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester Utd without him.
ToxtethBlue

November 12, 2010, 08:47:02 PM
Reply #26

Thom

Administrator
Heitinga in for Fellaini, Coleman for Bily and Yakubu for Saha.

1-1. Cahill for us, Nasri for them.

November 13, 2010, 06:29:16 AM
Reply #27

the doc

in 2010 we've beaten Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool, only Arsenal to go for the Sky 4 clean sweep and I think we can do it! 2-1 to us

November 13, 2010, 02:54:49 PM
Reply #28

nomorechang

RIP
And as for the game at Goodison?

That game was a fuck up from start to finish ... you cannot compare that performance to the one 5 months later at the Emirates .. we'd improved beynd recognition , an you honestly think Wenger will come here expeceing to roll us over again ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

November 13, 2010, 06:15:34 PM
Reply #29

Optimistic Blue

They got dominated by an utter shit wolves team, were going to murder them
you cant take the right out of Kenwright