November 25, 2017, 04:28:09 AM

Author Topic: Everton V West Brom  (Read 29894 times)

November 26, 2010, 12:36:44 AM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Like i said maybe try something new Cahill is a good player who works his bollocks off and has a goal in him most of the time but its WBA at home, if were ever going to see Yak and Beckford upfront in a league game this should be the type to try it in,

most accept saha and cahill doesn't work so why would we not give this a try, is the only options upfront for everton cahill + 1 from saha, yak or beckford if so your too short sighted,

if the problems are elsewhere do you see Arteta being dropped anytime soon?

If we were 6 points clear at the top and in great form then yeah, I'd consider not playing Cahill.

We're not though.

And you touch on it, but if you were going to try something different then yes, you could drop Arteta.

At present the only option is Cahill + 1 as he's the only forward player who looks like scoring.

November 26, 2010, 02:28:50 AM
Reply #16

cantoffee

What's he on? 7 goals already this year and 3rd among goalscorers in the league? Yea drop him because we need to do something different, not drop the lads who aren't pulling their weight for the sake of doing something different. Serious lack of respect for Cahill on this forum.

November 26, 2010, 02:54:01 AM
Reply #17

marky v

I'm not showing Cahill direspect by wanting to see 2 strikers given an opportunity upfront, whats the alternative expect Rodwell and Johnny to create chances in a CM for us if Arteta gets dropped?

Well were not 6 points clear of anything not even the relegation zone so Cahill plus one has had many an opportunity to work and the plus one has failed to deliver each time and only Cahill is coming off with any credit or goals, now is as good a time as any to have 2 strikers upfront thats my opinion,  were looking blunt up there and could do with a change dont see the harm myself   

November 26, 2010, 03:18:35 AM
Reply #18

Thom

Administrator
Hopefully Yakubu back in for Saha.

2-0 to us. Cahill and Yakubu.

November 26, 2010, 12:03:32 PM
Reply #19

Derek

Given that we're not scoring at all, dropping Cahill is anathema. He's the only one putting the ball in the net!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

November 26, 2010, 03:54:38 PM
Reply #20

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Would like to see

Howard

Hibbert    Jags      Distin         Baines

Neville

Coleman       Arteta                Pienaar

Cahill

Yak

Rodwell in for Arteta if he is shit, Anichebe on for Coleman early second half.

2-0

November 26, 2010, 06:26:03 PM
Reply #21

Tasslehoff

Would like to see

Howard

Neville

Cahill

Yak

2-0

This

November 26, 2010, 07:31:41 PM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe I'm missing something with Rodwell, but I still don't see him as a creative force despite him being linked to pretty much every position on the pitch. Let's face it the only real replacement we have for Arteta is Pienaar, and if you shift him inside then we're just creating issues on our left.

Given that he seemingly doing ok in the reserves I think the only thing we haven't really tried yet is Pienaar inside and Gueye down the left. I've not been impressed with Billy as an option on either wing, and while Osman stood in pretty well for Pienaar before he was injured obviously that isn't an option at the moment.

November 26, 2010, 08:17:59 PM
Reply #23

adam b

Would like to see

Howard

Neville

Cahill

Yak

2-0

For me, this is almost right,  but  would take out Hibbert and put Beckford in. Play 442 with Cahill and Arteta in the middle. We are playing West Brom - lets try and score a few goals and give the crowd something to shout about

November 26, 2010, 09:44:46 PM
Reply #24

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I find it absolutley fucking astonishing that some people STILL want to see Cahill out the team. He works his fucking ass of every game, scores goals consistentley from midfield, and obviously realises how special it is to play for Everton. Dosent get the respect he deserves on here. :headbang:

November 26, 2010, 10:39:37 PM
Reply #25

johnj

Howard, Neville, Jags, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Rodwell, Arteta, Pienaar, Yakubu, Beckford

Cahill and Anichebe for Coleman and Arteta off the bench for the last 20 no matter how the games going,

time to try something new, but i think more than likley we'll get either the same side as the sunderland game or the one change being hibbert

Agree with this. Cahill has done nothing to deserve to be dropped but we must try out other formations at the start of games and not only when chasing the game in the last 10 min.

November 26, 2010, 10:44:06 PM
Reply #26

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I find it absolutley fucking astonishing that some people STILL want to see Cahill out the team. He works his fucking ass of every game, scores goals consistentley from midfield, and obviously realises how special it is to play for Everton. Dosent get the respect he deserves on here. :headbang:

It isn't about respect it is about earning your place. That is why Cahill cannot be dropped.  He is our in form player and has to be first on the team sheet. 

November 26, 2010, 10:53:30 PM
Reply #27

plumber

Jesus Christ.
You can find so mind-blowing ideas here, that Blue Moon could be jealous.

Why don't  try Yakubu as a left back? Would be something different.

November 26, 2010, 11:00:59 PM
Reply #28

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We could try Cahill deeper and play two "true" strikers up front (although Cahill is as much a striker as anyone else on our team at the moment), he has sometimes played in place of Pienaar too. I wouldn't drop him either but it might be possible to experiment with his role as he can still provide a threat coming from midfield and nothing would change in terms of corners/free kicks.

I would like to see Yak & Beckford together for more than 9 mins to see if there was anything there.

November 27, 2010, 02:28:38 AM
Reply #29

taffytoffee

Howard

Seamus           jags             Distin         Baines

jonny

Arteta                   rodders            pienaar

Cahill

Yak

Arteta has'nt been effective in the last few games put him on the wing and put rodders in the middle of the park where he belongs, the yak in for saha and coleman in for phil 'i'm a great captain but can't pass a ball' Neville