November 23, 2017, 09:03:21 PM

Author Topic: Everton V West Brom  (Read 29858 times)

November 27, 2010, 02:50:38 AM
Reply #30

marky v

I find it bizzare that there are some fans on here that aren't prepared to even consider a change to our system of play by dropping a good player,

were not getting good enough results this season 4 4 1 1, can't be the formation every game we need options so we should be trying them out, it doesn't mean we never see Cahill in an Everton shirt again, so theres no need to go so defensive about him,

we should be able to play 4 4 2 considering two of the midfield that are playing currently are defenders anyway

November 27, 2010, 02:54:42 AM
Reply #31

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I find it bizzare that there are some fans on here that aren't prepared to even consider a change to our system of play by dropping a good player,

were not getting good enough results this season 4 4 1 1, can't be the formation every game we need options so we should be trying them out, it doesn't mean we never see Cahill in an Everton shirt again, so theres no need to go so defensive about him,

we should be able to play 4 4 2 considering two of the midfield that are playing currently are defenders anyway

No one is defending Cahill as such though.  Just the idea of dropping him when he is the best player on the pitch for us at the moment.  You don't drop your in form players, it is bad management and sends out the completely wrong message.   The system can be changed but you have to take into account the players and how they play and decide whether losing Cahill's potency in a 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 system is worth it for the sake of chucking another striker on.  The majority view seems to be it isn't. 

November 27, 2010, 02:58:41 AM
Reply #32

Gash

Global Moderator

So we drop our top scorer and best player so far this season? We may not be getting the results this season, but no manager worth his salt would drop his best player. There's a few that could do with dropping long before Cahill.

November 27, 2010, 06:05:34 AM
Reply #33

nomorechang

RIP
.............Howard

Hibbert    Jags  Disty  Baines

Anichebe  Rodwell  Arteta   Pienaar

.....................Cahill

....................Yakubu
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

November 27, 2010, 06:07:20 AM
Reply #34

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

I'd normally agree but dropping our only goal threat would be stupid.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

November 27, 2010, 08:27:32 AM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
had to give up my ticket. Gutted. We really, really should beat them.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 27, 2010, 02:20:51 PM
Reply #36

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
.............Howard

Hibbert    Jags  Disty  Baines

Anichebe  Rodwell  Arteta   Pienaar

this ..... allthough Moyes won't drop Neville....  really looking forward to seeing Anichebe again..... was great in Europe and before he got injured was one of our best PL players aswell

November 27, 2010, 03:49:23 PM
Reply #37

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'd normally agree but dropping our only goal threat would be stupid.

Trying something different is fine particularly if the team is struggling, which we sort of are; I don't think that anyone is arguing against that. But as you say, dropping your principal goal threat when he's in excellent form is a non sensical idea.

November 27, 2010, 06:03:20 PM
Reply #38

sharpattack

Arteta should be dropped
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

November 27, 2010, 07:06:59 PM
Reply #39

BatteredCornerFlag

My team

Think Arteta needs moving to the right for a bit. I've put another suggestion in brackets but I don't know if I'd throw Vic straight in. I'm not a massive fan of Hibbert but Johnny is a disaster in midfield.

.............Howard

Hibbert    Jags  Disty  Baines

Arteta(Vic)  Rodwell(Arteta)  Neville   Pienaar

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 07:09:28 PM by BatteredCornerFlag »

November 27, 2010, 07:29:19 PM
Reply #40

BigWoodenSpoon

2-1 win to the blue-noses, with someone grabbing a brace.

November 27, 2010, 08:10:44 PM
Reply #41

Thom

Administrator
Yakubu, Anichebe and Hibbert in for Saha, Coleman and Neville. Coleman and Saha are on the bench, whilst Neville is out with an injury... otherwise it's the same side that drew with Sunderland.

November 27, 2010, 08:12:40 PM
Reply #42

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yakubu, Anichebe and Hibbert in for Saha, Coleman and Neville. Coleman and Saha are on the bench, whilst Neville is out with an injury... otherwise it's the same side that drew with Sunderland.

I am really happy with that!

November 27, 2010, 08:23:01 PM
Reply #43

Alex

Hoping Anichebe on the right can provide a lot more of a direct attack. Hes never looked shy in twatting the ball as hard as he can so he could be on for a good game

November 27, 2010, 08:24:21 PM
Reply #44

evertonjoe

Surprised to see Vic come straight in but I'm happy with the changes, 2-0 win for me.

R.A.P Music