September 19, 2018, 12:48:41 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 80003 times)

March 09, 2018, 08:27:06 PM
Reply #1005

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
We need to get players ready for first team football.

If we're going to appoint managers like Koeman and Allardyce, then frankly this is an excellent approach...
Hope we will stop appointing managers like Ronald and Sam

March 11, 2018, 03:44:37 AM
Reply #1006

Everton Mint

If you watch the U-18's they play some excellent football.  The skill, intensity and speed of the games is quite amazing.

Many more of these lads could make it at Everton but for the fact that we, like the rest of the PL, need instant results and are buying in the finished article from all over the world.

March 11, 2018, 06:25:52 PM
Reply #1007

Toffee1

Scroll down and you will get live footage of the game against Sunderland U23

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-news-transfer-rumours-live-14395519

March 28, 2018, 04:39:41 PM
Reply #1008

Everton Mint

Good news... the first of those Scholars who didnt get offered a contract by Everton has been offered one by a Championship club.

More info when if/when he accepts...

March 28, 2018, 05:28:37 PM
Reply #1009

Rodenplav64

If you watch the U-18's they play some excellent football.  The skill, intensity and speed of the games is quite amazing.

Many more of these lads could make it at Everton but for the fact that we, like the rest of the PL, need instant results and are buying in the finished article from all over the world.

If we are buying the finished article how come they need a season to acclimatise prove unsuited to the league ? At least you know most of your U23 side are suited to the league but unless you play them you won't know . Holgate , Davies and Kenny are well capable of covering and in time being first choice .

March 29, 2018, 12:46:41 AM
Reply #1010

Everton Mint

If we are buying the finished article how come they need a season to acclimatise prove unsuited to the league ? At least you know most of your U23 side are suited to the league but unless you play them you won't know . Holgate , Davies and Kenny are well capable of covering and in time being first choice .
It has only been Davies that had cemented a place in the team. Others are just covering as you say and as soon as the injured player is fit they are out again.

The other issue, as ever, is experience. Young players can be good enough physically and technically but they dont have the games of an older player. This is what limits a lot of their chances. The fact that Everton have been struggling as a team anyway makes their involvement even less likely.

To be fair we do give more chances than most but the queue of players ahead of the kids is always going to be an issue.

The lad I know isnt so bothered about leaving Everton as he wants and needs games. His chances here would be very limited.

March 29, 2018, 01:37:49 AM
Reply #1011

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What position roughly does he play @Everton Mint
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 29, 2018, 01:30:30 PM
Reply #1012

Bally

Administrator
Reverse cowgirl
It's the roll I way

March 31, 2018, 07:34:00 PM
Reply #1013

Everton Mint

Centre-mid.

He's back at Everton for now after scoring in his trial game.

April 01, 2018, 07:37:23 PM
Reply #1014

Evertonian in NC

100 Ameri-quid on the baby Blues at +275 looking real solid!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 01, 2018, 11:16:24 PM
Reply #1015

WeimaranerBlues

Lost 3-4 to city.

April 08, 2018, 08:52:59 PM
Reply #1016

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The DCL chance fairly typical of what Iíve been saying about him for a while.

Did brilliantly when he came on, but when he gets a chance to finish the game he tries to finesse it into the side netting when really he should just make sure and bury it.

I donít think heís a bad finisher - I think heís affected heavily by overthinking his decisions in game. Not instinctual, every finish looks training ground to me, rather than a hungry reflex.

Hopefully will improve with guidance but will be a real sign of lack of progress if our options up top next year are as weak as they have been this year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 08, 2018, 10:02:13 PM
Reply #1017

gizzblue

DCL  should be early cup rounds starter and last twenty mins only till he improves .

April 08, 2018, 10:28:23 PM
Reply #1018

kramer0

There's only so much young players can improve without playing.

This is why, despite uncertainty about how good they can actually be, I'd have had Holgate, Davies, and Calvert-Lewin playing as many minutes as possible in the second half of this season. Those three rarely look out of place when called into action against senior pros. I think you need to invest minutes in young players like that, especially when you're not competing for anything. That's a big part of how you find the Kanes, Allis, and Rashfords of the world.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:57:57 PM by kramer0 »

April 08, 2018, 11:24:20 PM
Reply #1019

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
There's only so much young players can improve without playing.

This is why, despite uncertainty about how good they can actually be, I'd have had Holgate, Davies, and Calvert-Lewin playing as many minutes as possible in the second half of this season. Those three rarely look out of place when called into action against senior pros. I think you need to invest minutes in young players like that, especially when you're not competing for anything. That's a big part of how you find the Kanes, Allis, and Rashfords of the world.

They have to be able to hit the target from 6 yards out and not miss by about 10 with the goal at their mercy. He literally canít score no matter how easy the chance.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...