September 23, 2018, 05:20:13 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 83328 times)

April 08, 2018, 11:52:14 PM
Reply #1020

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There's only so much young players can improve without playing.

This is why, despite uncertainty about how good they can actually be, I'd have had Holgate, Davies, and Calvert-Lewin playing as many minutes as possible in the second half of this season. Those three rarely look out of place when called into action against senior pros. I think you need to invest minutes in young players like that, especially when you're not competing for anything. That's a big part of how you find the Kanes, Allis, and Rashfords of the world.

I agree. Nothing to be gained by wasting minutes on finished players.

Do not agree with @Confucius - heís scored this year so thatís not literally true is it. Itís definitely a gap in his game but itís nothing to write him off over just yet.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 09, 2018, 12:34:04 AM
Reply #1021

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I agree. Nothing to be gained by wasting minutes on finished players.

Do not agree with @Confucius - heís scored this year so thatís not literally true is it. Itís definitely a gap in his game but itís nothing to write him off over just yet.

People seem desperate to write him off.

Even when he only just broke into the team people were saying he offers nothing.

He's improved massively over the last 12 months and I expect that to continue.

He missed a sitter, yes, but no need to be writing him off.

April 09, 2018, 12:42:12 AM
Reply #1022

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I see more potential in him than Davies right now but it's ridiculous to be talking about either not making it here at this stage.

April 09, 2018, 12:42:17 AM
Reply #1023

Shogun

Administrator
4 goals and 6 assists in 31 league matches (18 starts) when he's only just turned 21 is alright.

Especially considering this has been an ultra negative campaign in terms of performances, style and results.

Kane only made 10 league appearances by the time he was 21 and scored 3 goals with 0 assists.

Does that mean DCL will be better than Kane? Obviously not. It does show he's actually progressing quite well though.

Edit: He's also got incredible abs.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 09, 2018, 12:46:00 AM
Reply #1024

cantoffee

Very sexy and must be absolutely drowning in pussy.

April 09, 2018, 12:46:16 AM
Reply #1025

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
4 goals and 6 assists in 31 league matches (18 starts) when he's only just turned 21 is alright.

Especially considering this has been an ultra negative campaign in terms of performances, style and results.

Kane only made 10 league appearances by the time he was 21 and scored 3 goals with 0 assists.

Does that mean DCL will be better than Kane? Obviously not. It does show he's actually progressing quite well though.

I've got incredible IBS but you don't see anyone banging on about it.

April 09, 2018, 12:53:09 AM
Reply #1026

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Remember that DCL started the season at right back too.  He's been shunted all over the field all season by 3 different managers.

Give him a chance.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

April 09, 2018, 01:39:12 AM
Reply #1027

TheBlackWatchFanzine

DCL  should be early cup rounds starter and last twenty mins only till he improves .

I agree - he's done well this season at times, give the circumstances, and I thought he did ok when he came on yesterday, but it's a damning indictment of our player recruitment that he's had to play as many games as he has given his inexperience.

April 09, 2018, 04:49:08 AM
Reply #1028

Ridge

I think with DCL's finishing, its a common trait for most young forwards. When they know they have minutes and support, they are less likely to panic or snatch at chances.

A better manager would have worked with him individually and improved him far more. Younger coaches are far more likely to customise development.

April 09, 2018, 12:13:34 PM
Reply #1029

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
All good points. He just fails to even get close with most of his shooting. Even Cenkís 1st goal of the brace he scored was because DCL missed an absolute sitter. You canít teach a striker to score. Itís natural and instinctive. He just doesnít have it. Will be very good at everything else besides his most important job.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 10, 2018, 12:51:47 AM
Reply #1030

howard1334

While I am a bit of a stat head myself, in this case, I think the stats are actually misleading -- making it seem as though DCL has performed better than he actually has. I am not as confident as others that he will be progressing.

April 10, 2018, 01:00:40 AM
Reply #1031

Toffee1

Stream of the game

April 10, 2018, 01:04:35 AM
Reply #1032

Shogun

Administrator
While I am a bit of a stat head myself, in this case, I think the stats are actually misleading -- making it seem as though DCL has performed better than he actually has. I am not as confident as others that he will be progressing.

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Heís had a solid season in what has been an absolute mess of a season in years.

Personally think heíll become a really good player under an ambitious manager.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 10, 2018, 01:23:12 AM
Reply #1033

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Lies, damned lies and statistics.

He's had a solid season in what has been an absolute mess of a season in years.

Personally think he'll become a really good player under an ambitious manager.
I'm starting to think his versatility will be his down fall
Simply simply lovely

April 10, 2018, 01:42:06 AM
Reply #1034

GrantyBoy78

Howís Lookman doing at RBL? He getting much game time?