November 19, 2019, 05:31:09 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 147554 times)

June 10, 2019, 09:13:16 PM
Reply #1365

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

August 28, 2019, 01:52:24 PM
Reply #1366

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">👌 | That footwork and finish from @AnthonyGordon59 at Mansfield Town last night... 🎯👏 pic.twitter.com/obyGc22mdN</p>&mdash; Everton (@Everton) August 28, 2019 <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

September 17, 2019, 12:57:01 AM
Reply #1367

SANA_DR0

LIVE: UNDER-23S FACE BLACKBURN23.

Our reigning Premier League 2 champions are in action on Monday night when David Unsworth and his Under-23s welcome Blackburn Rovers to L4 (kick-off 7pm).

The young Blues signed off for the recent international break by putting eight goals past Southampton and will be looking to extend their unbeaten start to the campaign.

Season Ticket, Lounge and Official Members will be able to gain access to the Upper Bullens stand for FREE simply by showing their season or membership card on the turnstile.

Those who can't make it to Goodison won't miss out - we'll be streaming the game LIVE to Blues across the globe right here.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 19, 2019, 02:03:23 PM
Reply #1368

GrantyBoy78

Charsley and Evans still starting games, unbelievable.

I find it very odd that Brands is seemingly disinterested in the U23s or the academy. Thought there would’ve been a root and branch overhaul by now. Maybe our hands are somewhat tied by the ban, or he’s just had a lot on his plate, sorting out the first team.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

September 19, 2019, 03:10:18 PM
Reply #1369

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Charsley and Evans still starting games, unbelievable.

I find it very odd that Brands is seemingly disinterested in the U23s or the academy. Thought there would’ve been a root and branch overhaul by now. Maybe our hands are somewhat tied by the ban, or he’s just had a lot on his plate, sorting out the first team.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

He attends fairly regularly I believe, but I am finding it hard to believe there aren't sweeping changes coming.

We just don't produce prem players, and we desperately need to. Feels like some improvement in regards to loans this year, but there's players that should be playing mens football like. I've no idea whatsoever why players we've released are starting over players on our books.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 19, 2019, 03:36:59 PM
Reply #1370

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He didn’t bother with it in the first year because there was so much to do regarding the first team and setting up scouting networks.

I’m sure there’s work in progress and we’ll see changes soon.

I reckon the biggest issue is sorting out decent loans for these players.

I see Virginia has been dropped at reading so that’s a year wasted for him. This happens too much and the players start going backwards.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 19, 2019, 03:42:45 PM
Reply #1371

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Should do a mini salzburg / leipzig model imo.

Worked wonders for Chelsea as well with their relationship with vitesse.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 20, 2019, 02:44:36 AM
Reply #1372

Old England Toffee

He attends fairly regularly I believe, but I am finding it hard to believe there aren't sweeping changes coming.

We just don't produce prem players, and we desperately need to.

Do you think in terms of youth players breaking through and being prem league standard is down to 'producing' or its more important the actual finding. I mean if you look at chelsea now for example or man utds 'kids' was it something that they did in nurturing and developing those players or just a case of having the best scouting and the most attractive propositions for the best young talent. Id imagine it is the latter but I genuinely dont know how important the setup is for development.

September 20, 2019, 04:22:56 AM
Reply #1373

Gash

Global Moderator
Chelsea aren't a great example, they loan out about 25 young players a year, very few if any ever make it at the club. When Abramovich hired Frank Arnesen he was seen as the man to bring on the young players, something like £60m later not one academy player had turned out for the first team. Josh McEachren was the first player since John Terry about 10-12 years earlier to come through academy and he hasn't exactly gone on to great things.

It took Chelsea years to get a decent structure in place after their take over, it will quite probably take us the same.

September 20, 2019, 05:18:23 AM
Reply #1374

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Do you think in terms of youth players breaking through and being prem league standard is down to 'producing' or its more important the actual finding. I mean if you look at chelsea now for example or man utds 'kids' was it something that they did in nurturing and developing those players or just a case of having the best scouting and the most attractive propositions for the best young talent. Id imagine it is the latter but I genuinely dont know how important the setup is for development.

Errr I think it's a mix of

Good scouting and identification (RBL)
Good catchment area (PSG)
Good 'use of the rules' shall we say (City, Us)
Good coaching throughout the age groups (Chelsea, City, RBL,)
Good pathways into first team football, here or elsewhere from as early as possible (Chelsea, RBL)

Probably lots more but for me the most important thing is coaching and pathways. The most talented player in the world for their age group will wilt if they aren't coached correctly, and if they don't get mens football (w good coaching at an appropriate level) as soon as possible.

Re Chelsea : they've not got many into the first team but they run it as a business, get them a pathway into first team togger on the continent or in the championship then sell. Arguably the best academy in the Premier league to be honest.

September 22, 2019, 05:57:22 PM
Reply #1375

BlueForYou

Gordon netted again yesterday; his current form deserves a first team squad call up for League Cup on Tuesday

And Simms opened his U23 goalscoring account last week
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 23, 2019, 10:43:57 PM
Reply #1376

Shogun

Administrator
Are we still playing players due to be released by the club?

September 23, 2019, 11:30:52 PM
Reply #1377

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Are we still playing players due to be released by the club?

No, they've been released and we're still playing them.

September 23, 2019, 11:44:06 PM
Reply #1378

Shogun

Administrator
No, they've been released and we're still playing them.

Understand that we want to provide these lads with the opportunity of a career in the lower leagues but come on, they’ve had their opportunity.

September 24, 2019, 02:56:03 AM
Reply #1379

kramer0

Unsworth needs to go.