January 20, 2020, 05:41:15 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 155908 times)

November 27, 2019, 03:50:53 AM
Reply #1455

Waltzer

Getting beat 4-0 at home to Fleetwood.

Niasse started.
We need the women to play more games, at least they appear to be doing well

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 27, 2019, 04:11:24 AM
Reply #1456

GrantyBoy78

We had a chance to play Simms against grown men, instead of the usual kids he plays against in the U23s league, and we  play Niasse. Absolutely clueless, a prime example of why the pathway for young players is fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

November 27, 2019, 04:18:55 AM
Reply #1457

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Or Simms ain't all that
We had a chance to play Simms against grown men, instead of the usual kids he plays against in the U23s league, and we  play Niasse. Absolutely clueless, a prime example of why the pathway for young players is fucked.

Simply simply lovely

November 27, 2019, 04:20:43 AM
Reply #1458

GrantyBoy78

Or Simms ain't all that
Weíll never find out unless heís tested and challenged.

Whatís there to lose...apart from the Leasing.com cup

November 27, 2019, 04:23:29 AM
Reply #1459

kramer0

Or Simms ain't all that

Maybe not.

But the point of the U23s isn't to win, it's to build players that contribute to the Everton first team. Playing Niasse, who isn't (and shouldn't be) in the first team picture, contributes nothing to the cause.

Brands needs the autonomy to sack Unsworth and rebuild the academy system. His expertise matters. This is a thing that Dutch clubs tend to do better than English clubs.

November 27, 2019, 02:50:07 PM
Reply #1460

ajax_andy

Maybe not.

But the point of the U23s isn't to win, it's to build players that contribute to the Everton first team. Playing Niasse, who isn't (and shouldn't be) in the first team picture, contributes nothing to the cause.

Brands needs the autonomy to sack Unsworth and rebuild the academy system. His expertise matters. This is a thing that Dutch clubs tend to do better than English clubs.

Or they're keeping him fit in the hope of bring able to move him on in Jan and save the club a huge amount in wages by getting him off the books?

November 27, 2019, 03:01:02 PM
Reply #1461

WeimaranerBlues

Or they're keeping him fit in the hope of bring able to move him on in Jan and save the club a huge amount in wages by getting him off the books?
what has niasse got left on his contract , Martinez bought him, surely he must be in his final yr, not going to save much in wages now, and everyone in the Prem- Championship know he is shite.

November 27, 2019, 03:06:41 PM
Reply #1462

dazfrancis

Simms has struggled this season from what I've read and this would have been the best team they've played against.

However, agree with everyone else's sentiment that the pathway to senior football is fucked and the u23s seem to be treated like a vanity project for Usworth

November 27, 2019, 03:12:53 PM
Reply #1463

GrantyBoy78

The club were willing to let him go on a free or a fee-free loan, with us paying some of his wages...but there were no takers. Keeping him fit wonít help get rid of him. For reference, Evans also played and heís got no future here and we wonít get a fee for him.

Pretty sure Niasseís contract runs out in the summer.

November 27, 2019, 03:17:33 PM
Reply #1464

ajax_andy

The club were willing to let him go on a free or a fee-free loan, with us paying some of his wages...but there were no takers. Keeping him fit wonít help get rid of him. For reference, Evans also played and heís got no future here and we wonít get a fee for him.

Pretty sure Niasseís contract runs out in the summer.

If we can get rid in Jan it saves 6 months wages, and there'll be teams desperate for a free player in Jan.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to have a player on high wages with zero chance of getting them off the books in Jan... I'd say doing that would be extremely poor business.

Keep him fit, hope to get him off the books in Jan and save 6 months wages... Makes perfect sense to me

November 27, 2019, 04:12:28 PM
Reply #1465

GrantyBoy78

If we can get rid in Jan it saves 6 months wages, and there'll be teams desperate for a free player in Jan.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to have a player on high wages with zero chance of getting them off the books in Jan... I'd say doing that would be extremely poor business.

Keep him fit, hope to get him off the books in Jan and save 6 months wages... Makes perfect sense to me
Getting rid of him makes sense but him playing for the u21s every 6 weeks isnít going to keep him fit. He was fully fit after pre-season an no-one wanted him.

Anyway, heíll soon be gone. Think thatís him and Martina, Baines and a couple of others thatíll be gone by the summer.

November 27, 2019, 10:16:20 PM
Reply #1466

kramer0

Getting rid of him makes sense but him playing for the u21s every 6 weeks isnít going to keep him fit. He was fully fit after pre-season an no-one wanted him.

Anyway, heíll soon be gone. Think thatís him and Martina, Baines and a couple of others thatíll be gone by the summer.

Baines.  :'(

I hope he stays involved with the club in some capacity.

November 27, 2019, 10:24:21 PM
Reply #1467

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Baines.  :'(

I hope he stays involved with the club in some capacity.

Don't think he will personally.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 17, 2019, 04:00:46 AM
Reply #1468

BlueForYou

Two goals for Simms tonight in 3-2 win against Wolves

Gordon did not play - probably be substitute for first team on Wednesday?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 30, 2019, 12:21:48 PM
Reply #1469

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like the academy restructure has movement. Baxter touting himself on LinkedIn

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 12:23:30 PM by Bob Sacamano »